• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

Deal Agreed Facelift MG ZS EV Long Range - Exclusive Forum Offer!

Miles has confirmed in different thread that the car I drove was in fact the Connect version and that all their demonstrators are the Connect version. I was told it was Trophy and I didn't see the Amazon option tab on the screen so assumed non Connect. Sorry for the confusion.
No need to apologise @jazzist .
It was a Trophy okay, but the IConnect bit was lost somewhere 🤷‍♂️.
I had no idea what model they had, I just edged my bet’s that it would be the Trophy IConnect because other members had reported that their dealers also, had Trophy IConnect models.
Strangely, my local dealer had one Trophy IConnect and one SE model ?.
Not sure if the dealers had any choice in what they received as Demo cars.
On the Gen1 model, almost every dealer wished for for Exclusive models.
But some where disappointed to receive Excite models instead.
I think it was a case of :-
“You get what your given”.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

To access the Amazon Music App, owners will either need to create a new account, or log-in with their existing Amazon details. If the owner has not previously used Amazon Music the streaming experience will be much like that of a basic Spotify user. For users who have playlists set up already in Amazon Music, these will be accessible.

For users who are already regular Android Auto or CarPlay users, the additional features will offer little extra benefit. The benefit of these items is in the seamless integration with the on-board navigation system for example. Although representing an increasingly small number of people, these additional ‘live’ services will offer a new level of connectivity for owners who do not have a smart phone.
Thanks Miles.

What does Remote Control cover please and where is the remote pre-heating?

I have been able to download a pdf of the owners manual and the quick start guide. Has anyone found one for the iConnect?
I did go looking, but you need a VIN number to download it from MG.

I very nearly used a VIN that was visible during a Youtube review by a couple of French guys, but decided not to on the grounds that apart from the manual probably being in French, it would have been a tad unethical.

I did go looking, but you need a VIN number to download it from MG.

I very nearly used a VIN that was visible during a Youtube review by a couple of French guys, but decided not to on the grounds that apart from the manual probably being in French, it would have been a tad unethical.
You don't need a VIN number, the car's manual is freely available on the MG UK website.. https://www.mg.co.uk/sites/default/files/2021-11/New MG ZS EV Owner Manual.pdf
I haven't seen the infotainment guide online though.

hey - quick question. I thought there was no heat pump on the new zs but a dealer told me that despite it not being in any of the material there is a heat pump. Is that correct?

hey - quick question. I thought there was no heat pump on the new zs but a dealer told me that despite it not being in any of the material there is a heat pump. Is that correct?
Oh dear.
Tell the dealer, that if his demo model DOES have a heat pump, to keep that fact under lock and key !.
Otherwise EVERYBODY is likely to want one on their cars !.
Sorry 😞 NO the ZS EV does not have a heat pump.

Oh dear.
Tell the dealer, that if his demo model DOES have a heat pump, to keep that fact under lock and key !.
Otherwise EVERYBODY is likely to want one on their cars !.
Sorry 😞 NO the ZS EV does not have a heat pump.
Thanks. Appreciate it. That’s one of the reasons I may pass on it to be honest.

Thanks. Appreciate it. That’s one of the reasons I may pass on it to be honest.
I would just check the competition, to see how many EV’s in this price sector have a heat pump before crossing off the ZS EV if I was you !.
Adding a heat pump, would increase the price of the car by £1,000.

I would just check the competition, to see how many EV’s in this price sector have a heat pump before crossing off the ZS EV if I was you !.
Adding a heat pump, would increase the price of the car by £1,000.
Pretty sure it's about £1500 to add it on the Skoda Enyaq!

What is the concern with lack of heat pump? Reduced range or is there some other reason? I watched a YouTube review where they were getting around 200 mile range in horrendous conditions and temperature just above freezing with everything on in the car... That's pretty good for a car without a heat pump I think.

What is the concern with lack of heat pump? Reduced range or is there some other reason? I watched a YouTube review where they were getting around 200 mile range in horrendous conditions and temperature just above freezing with everything on in the car... That's pretty good for a car without a heat pump I think.
Yes - That is pretty good going !.
Heat pump on a VW e.Golf was an extra £1,000 ish if I remember correctly.
A heat pump would help increase the range.

Total Cost of Ownership is what counts if you think of your car as a utility. After that pay whatever premium for the privilege of choice. Choice for the driving experience, choice for the environment of the cabin you sit in, choice over the convenience of the range you have. If those voices didn't matter many car drivers today would be better off taking a cab when they needed to go somewhere or car sharing, but clearly, we don't and we pay the price for choice. I currently drive a Dynamic Red ZS EV Exclusive which wasn't the cheapest ZS I could have bought but it was my choice to do so. So thanks Miles for the offer to forum members!

Heat pumps aren't a free ride. Heatpumps are heavier than resistive heaters and in very cold conditions become less effective and less efficient in any case. Heavier cars need to be driven around 365 days a year winter and summer and therefore need more energy to carry them around all the time not only when they are being used to heat the car and occupants. Better to lose weight and only use a little more electricity on cold days when you need it. When you see quotes about the range difference on say an eGolf with and without the heat pump option they look at the range/miles per kWh when the car is on a journey with heat pump on and Heater full on. they don't make the comparison between both systems across all four seasons and a full year driving in all outside temperatures. Does the Heat pump make as much difference against a Resistive heater if you only need the heater on one notch as it does on a much colder day when the heater is on full- I doubt it. For the potential difference in price, complexity and maintenance/repair costs I'll pass on the heat pump but I would like to have 2 or 3 heat settings on the heated seats rather than just one.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom