• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

Deal Agreed Facelift MG ZS EV Long Range - Exclusive Forum Offer!

Okay, then we are guessing at service prices then @ady .
But I can't see why they would be much difference than the Gen1 model prices myself ?.
Does the AA cover, and the Bear, come as part of the service price? My Ford at the moment has a recovery built into the service, minus the Bear. šŸ˜‚

If you like that I have so many more!!

Is the servicing costs the same as the Existing model?

Are the Warranty conditions the same ? e.g 12 months on charge flap & seats.

Has the underbody protection/anticorrosion been improved - not fairing too well on a 19 month old dynamic red - pics attached.

Is there more protection but also more aerodynamic panels to help aero under the engine bay & rear seats improving efficiency. Pics attached

I asked about adding an anti corrosion treatment or the possibility of protective panels/skit plate under the engine bay designed to fit the petrol car & was warned off as possibly voiding warranty.

These are some of the issues that are making me consider leasing the next car as opposed to buying as I am worried about long-term reliability & wear in these areas

Great questions - I too would like to know the answers to these. I'd have to keep this car for a bit and while things do happen on any vehicle, I don't want to be getting into these kind of issues if I can avoid it.

I'm not sure if Miles or someone else might know regarding a couple of other things on this facelift (I do realise a lot can't be answered until people have time for a proper hands-on).

- The Connect functionality/trim is where I find UK MG site to be lacking on some details. On MG Europe the comfort trim comes with MG iSMART Lite, and the Luxury just MG iSMART. Is that going to similarly apply here with SE getting a lite version? Or is it the same across the board for all trims?

- Does the dash cam USB port supply power when the car is off, meaning that hardwiring can be skipped for cams that have a parking mode? I'm not at all techy but as I understand it a cam with that feature would usually be hardwired via a piggyback connector to a permanent live connection so it always stays on. I'm just trying to figure out if I can skip that hassle.

- Is there a 12v socket in the boot?

Last edited:
Hi Travisheed, Iā€™ve got a new MG ZS EV, Dynamic Red on order, what were the service charges for the first couple of years?
regards.
Ady.
Costs of my current service plan approx Ā£15 per month - could vary per garage - I'm in central scotland.

ZS ELECTRIC 15k/1 year Service Mar 2021 Ā£91.80
ZS ELECTRIC 30k/2 year Service Mar 2022 Ā£176.30
ZS ELECTRIC 45k/3 year Service Mar 2023 Ā£91.80
ZS ELECTRIC 60k/4 year Service Mar 2024 Ā£303.77
ZS ELECTRIC 75k/5 year Service Mar 2025 Ā£91.80

I'm not sure if Miles or someone else might know regarding a couple of other things on this facelift (I do realise a lot can't be answered until people have time for a proper hands-on).

- The Connect functionality/trim is where I find UK MG site to be lacking on some details. On MG Europe the comfort trim comes with MG iSMART Lite, and the Luxury just MG iSMART. Is that going to similarly apply here with SE getting a lite version? Or is it the same across the board for all trims?

- Does the dash cam USB port supply power when the car is off, meaning that hardwiring can be skipped for cams that have a parking mode? I'm not at all techy but as I understand it a cam with that feature would usually be hardwired via a piggyback connector to a permanent live connection so it always stays on. I'm just trying to figure out if I can skip that hassle.

- Is there a 12v socket in the boot?
In the UK, the SE and Trophy have iSmart Lite, the Trophy Connect has full iSmart.
I'm not sure about the USB power - I'd imagine it is off when the car is off (as per the other USB ports), but I'll find out once our demonstrator is here.
No 12V socket in the boot.

Both, but they've not landed yet, and they won't be allowed out on Test Drives until we've PDI'd them and taxed them. So realistically Wednesday?

Best calling Burnley/Chorley, and ask them to book you in for a test drive slot.
Andy @ Burnley is calling me when the car is ready, just wondered if it might be this week :)

Both, but they've not landed yet, and they won't be allowed out on Test Drives until we've PDI'd them and taxed them. So realistically Wednesday?

Best calling Burnley/Chorley, and ask them to book you in for a test drive slot.
Canā€™t wait for your personal review of the car @MilesperkWh .
Do you know what colour you are getting ?.
Can I guess at Battersea blue !.
This is the colour we have ordered.
Switching from ā€œTeam Redā€ to ā€œTeam Blueā€.
I do like the new shade of blue !.
Not Pimlico and not Lazor blue, a shade somewhere between both somehow ?.
I think you said you changed your opinion of the colour, when you seen it in the metal.
Please let us know when you have had a better chance to drive the car and video it ?.
Cheers !.

In the UK, the SE and Trophy have iSmart Lite, the Trophy Connect has full iSmart.
I'm not sure about the USB power - I'd imagine it is off when the car is off (as per the other USB ports), but I'll find out once our demonstrator is here.
No 12V socket in the boot.
Thanks for checking. So like in the Norway spec, some functionality differences between full iSMART & the Lite one which makes sense.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the car overall once you've had chance for a proper root around. Would love to know what colours have been most popular - I was going to go black/silver, but now quite fancy the red :devilish:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom