• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

Deal Agreed Facelift MG ZS EV Long Range - Exclusive Forum Offer!

Hi all,

I've come up with some questions since placing my order - I could have phoned Chorley but thought others who are ordering from Chorley might have an interest.

1. If/when there are software updates, can I go to any dealer for these (ie they're warranty items) or will the dealer tell me to go back to Chorley?

2. If I opt to have the car delivered and then find a problem once delivered (scratch on the door) then how would this be resolved (as this is not a warranty item)?

3. Finally, on the last podcast, @MilesperkWh mentioned having hundreds of orders - I'm assuming the Chorley group only have a certain amount of space for customers cars so is there likely to be an additional bottleneck with Chorley being able to accept the cars off of the boats - especially if they begin to arrive end of Feb and customers insist on not collecting them until the 22 plate?

Hi all,

I've come up with some questions since placing my order - I could have phoned Chorley but thought others who are ordering from a might have an interest.

1. If/when there are software updates, can I go to any dealer for these (ie they're warranty items) or will the dealer tell me to go back to Chorley?

2. If I opt to have the car delivered and then find a problem once delivered (scratch on the door) then how would this be resolved (as this is not a warranty item)?

3. Finally, on the last podcast, @MilesperkWh mentioned having hundreds of orders - I'm assuming the Chorley group only have a certain amount of space for customers cars so is there likely to be an additional bottleneck with Chorley being able to accept the cars off of the boats - especially if they begin to arrive end of Feb and customers insist on not collecting them until the 22 plate?
1) Software updates for the facelift model are done OTA (over the air), so these won't require a visit to the dealers anyway. Any recall/warranty issues will be covered at any dealer though.
2) You check the car prior to signing for the delivery. If you find any damage, call us, and we can either fix locally to you, or return the car to us and we'll deal with it as necessary (replace car etc) dependent on the level of damage. Cars are fully checked before leaving our site, and the transport company is fully insured against any damage.
3) We've got some fairly big storage compounds in our business. We have 5 Nissan dealers, 2 MG dealers, Kia, Hyundai, Vauxhall, and soon to be Citroen and Isuzu too. We can store cars! We have handled massive fleet orders before, where 50 vehicles have been delivered simultaneously on multiple car transporters. We're big enough to cope (small enough to care!) :D

Do we know what software updates can / can’t happen OTA? Someone mentioned it may only be infotainment, but I’m guessing the majority of functionality is in there. Our I-Pace for instance gets OTA updates, but there was a recent update to unlock more battery capacity / range but this has to go back to a dealer to be done.

Do we know what software updates can / can’t happen OTA? Someone mentioned it may only be infotainment, but I’m guessing the majority of functionality is in there. Our I-Pace for instance gets OTA updates, but there was a recent update to unlock more battery capacity / range but this has to go back to a dealer to be done.
The Product Manager at MG told me that all ECU updates can be done OTA, but in the event that anything more major needs to be recalibrated, then it may need to come into a dealership for that.

especially if they begin to arrive end of Feb and customers insist on not collecting them until the 22 plate?
I assumed that Chorley had a large holding facility, because I have asked for my car to be registered in March regardless of the date it arrives.
I was told that was not a problem !.
This appears on my order form.
If it arrives in February for example, it will sit with my name on it until after the 1st of March.
Collection for us, is likely to be around the second to third week in March.
This suits Chorley down to the ground, because it will be manic trying to get all of the cars ready for the 1st of March !.
We are happy to let the mad rush pass by first.

1) Software updates for the facelift model are done OTA (over the air), so these won't require a visit to the dealers anyway. Any recall/warranty issues will be covered at any dealer though.
2) You check the car prior to signing for the delivery. If you find any damage, call us, and we can either fix locally to you, or return the car to us and we'll deal with it as necessary (replace car etc) dependent on the level of damage. Cars are fully checked before leaving our site, and the transport company is fully insured against any damage.
3) We've got some fairly big storage compounds in our business. We have 5 Nissan dealers, 2 MG dealers, Kia, Hyundai, Vauxhall, and soon to be Citroen and Isuzu too. We can store cars! We have handled massive fleet orders before, where 50 vehicles have been delivered simultaneously on multiple car transporters. We're big enough to cope (small enough to care!) :D
I thought we had a big compound but 280 MG 5's plus our pre-orders for ZS EV Long Range all turning up at the same could put some strain on it. Sounds like we may well be receiving an entire quarter's worth of cars in a fairly short period. Dont be booking any holidays for March anyway....

I thought we had a big compound but 280 MG 5's plus our pre-orders for ZS EV Long Range all turning up at the same could put some strain on it. Sounds like we may well be receiving an entire quarter's worth of cars in a fairly short period. Dont be booking any holidays for March anyway....
"Fortunately":rolleyes: most of our other brands are struggling with supply, so we've got quite a lot of space at the moment...

When the i-Smart was said to Pre-condition the car ie:- Heat or Air condition the cabin, I seem to remember someone mentioning that it could also Heat the traction battery.

Can Miles or anyone else confirm this as it is quite an important facility, on a long run heating the battery from 25C - 30C could add as much as 50% range.

In the old MG ZS EV which gave 4 ish miles/ kWh, on a very hot day I got 6 miles/ kWh.

In the old MG ZS EV which gave 4 ish miles/ kWh, on a very hot day I got 6 miles/ kWh.
I have seen this return on our car on the “Best Case” days in summer time.
I am really keen to see how much range I can squeeze out of the new face lift model with the 72 kw/h pack in similar conditions.
300 plus miles is the target to aim for 🤣.
But we will see ?.

When the i-Smart was said to Pre-condition the car ie:- Heat or Air condition the cabin, I seem to remember someone mentioning that it could also Heat the traction battery.

Can Miles or anyone else confirm this as it is quite an important facility, on a long run heating the battery from 25C - 30C could add as much as 50% range.

It would also be interesting to know if the car is connected to the mains (AC or DC) can it preheat @ the same time drawing the energy from the grid as opposed to the car?

Good question 🙋🏻‍♂️.
@MilesperkWh ?????.
Thanks !
If you like that I have so many more!!

Is the servicing costs the same as the Existing model?

Are the Warranty conditions the same ? e.g 12 months on charge flap & seats.

Has the underbody protection/anticorrosion been improved - not fairing too well on a 19 month old dynamic red - pics attached.

Is there more protection but also more aerodynamic panels to help aero under the engine bay & rear seats improving efficiency. Pics attached

I asked about adding an anti corrosion treatment or the possibility of protective panels/skit plate under the engine bay designed to fit the petrol car & was warned off as possibly voiding warranty.

These are some of the issues that are making me consider leasing the next car as opposed to buying as I am worried about long-term reliability & wear in these areas

Attachments

• 20211105_081020.jpg
    20211105_081020.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 20211022_113659.jpg
    20211022_113659.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 173
  • 20211022_113718.jpg
    20211022_113718.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 20211022_113812.jpg
    20211022_113812.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 20211022_113703.jpg
    20211022_113703.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 179
This corrosion issue I also find concerning, I am bit worried that in 5 years time this is going to seriously impact residual values, have MG addressed this issue at the point of manufacture?

I think it can't be ignored & needs to be addressed either by MG which would be great, or by buyers who want to keep the car long term factoring in the cost of more effective & complete underbody protection.

If you like that I have so many more!!

Is the servicing costs the same as the Existing model?

Are the Warranty conditions the same ? e.g 12 months on charge flap & seats.

Has the underbody protection/anticorrosion been improved - not fairing too well on a 19 month old dynamic red - pics attached.

Is there more protection but also more aerodynamic panels to help aero under the engine bay & rear seats improving efficiency. Pics attached

I asked about adding an anti corrosion treatment or the possibility of protective panels/skit plate under the engine bay designed to fit the petrol car & was warned off as possibly voiding warranty.

These are some of the issues that are making me consider leasing the next car as opposed to buying as I am worried about long-term reliability & wear in these areas
Hi Travisheed, I’ve got a new MG ZS EV, Dynamic Red on order, what were the service charges for the first couple of years?
regards.
Ady.

Hi Travisheed, I’ve got a new MG ZS EV, Dynamic Red on order, what were the service charges for the first couple of years?
regards.
Ady.
Are we talking Gen1 or Gen2 face lift model here ?.
Regarding service costs, then we only have the Gen1 model as an example right now.
But I would not expect the Gen2 model to be any difference really ?.
Prices do appear to vary from different locations in the U.K.
Some owners opt for taking out a service plan and can pay monthly to help budget the costs.
There is also different prices for low user ( low mileage ) and higher mileage users.
I would expect a price of just over £100 for your first service after one year and almost double for your second year service.
The second service includes a cabin filter element replacement.
Remember, these prices do include FULL extended A.A. cover and a "Morris The Bear" teddy !.

Reactions: ady
Are we talking Gen1 or Gen2 face lift model here ?.
Regarding service costs, then we only have the Gen1 model as an example right now.
But I would not expect the Gen2 model to be any difference really ?.
Prices do appear to vary from different locations in the U.K.
Some owners opt for taking out a service plan and can pay monthly to help budget the costs.
There is also different prices for low user ( low mileage ) and higher mileage users.
I would expect a price of just over £100 for your first service after one year and almost double for your second year service.
The second service includes a cabin filter element replacement.
Remember, these prices do include FULL extended A.A. cover and a "Morris The Bear" teddy !.
Gen 2, in March.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom