• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

Deal Agreed Facelift MG ZS EV Long Range - Exclusive Forum Offer!

I don't know (yet). We've not been able to test out iSmart without a demonstrator vehicle to physically register the app with.
Hi Miles,

Ref the iSmart differences between the Trophy LR and Trophy Connect, is it pretty much the addition of live services for weather, traffic and Amazon prime for the Connect version as set out in the 2022 spec sheet you shared earlier this month?

Is there a summary of the iSmart 'lite' functionality anywhere you'd recommend to new MG ZS EV buyer?

Been enjoying your videos on Youtube, keep up the good work!

It appears that in Europe at least, iSmart Lite does not have a route planner in the app, or OTA updates.

ismartcomp.jpg

The only real iSmart info I found was for Europe as above... the UK MG website as well as the ZS EV brochure are poor on details, & nobody seems to know 100% what the extra cost gets you at point of sale.

You can see the differences between the lite/full fat version for Europe by clicking on each 3 categories part-way down the page here: MG iSMART - Recharge yourself

Their lite version does not get:
Route Planner
FOTA (Firmware Over-the-Air) upgrade
Online points of interest
Weather Forecast
Amazon Prime Music
Hotspot
Voice Control

Whether this'll be the same for UK remains to be seen. If the music sub isn't included then I'm not seeing a reason to pay for this over just using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto 🤷‍♀️. As someone pointed out - could just chuck the £500 on a better phone.

Hopefully someone will be able to clarify eventually.

The only real iSmart info I found was for Europe as above... the UK MG website as well as the ZS EV brochure are poor on details, & nobody seems to know 100% what the extra cost gets you at point of sale.

You can see the differences between the lite/full fat version for Europe by clicking on each 3 categories part-way down the page here: MG iSMART - Recharge yourself

Route Planner
Weather Forecast
Amazon Prime Music
Hotspot
Voice Control

Whether this'll be the same for UK remains to be seen. If the music sub isn't included then I'm not seeing a reason to pay for this over just using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto 🤷‍♀️. As someone pointed out - could just chuck the £500 on a better phone.

Agree, Google Pixel 6 £599

Route Planner
Weather Forecast
Amazon Prime Music
Hotspot
Voice Control

I have seen the voice control in operation, nice but a bit of a gimmick ?.
Yeah - You can command the sun roof open and closed, and command a change to the cabin temp etc.
But the controls for both of them are only an arms length away ?.

Route Planner
Weather Forecast
Amazon Prime Music
Hotspot
Voice Control

I ordered my Trophy connect now but I do agree. A lot of what is included is available via android auto/car play.

Apparently, OTA updates are available on all versions too.

The only other thing is the hotspot for the kids' kindle fires.

I have seen the voice control in operation, nice but a bit of a gimmick ?.
Yeah - You can command the sun roof open and closed, and command a change to the cabin temp etc.
But the controls for both of them are only an arms length away ?.
Yes, but everything within a car is an arms length away. The only thing I would want it to do is dial a number on my phone, or "call home". and set a destination, or postcode on the sat nav. Things you need to take your eyes, and concentration, off the road for. So does it do that?

I ordered my Trophy connect now but I do agree. A lot of what is included is available via android auto/car play.

It's a case of confirming the features as people test drives the different models I think.
On another thread, one member has tested a Trophy ( NOT the I.Connect ) and it DID have voice command functionality ?.
Miles have already confirmed that all models have over the air updates feature, but unsure if this includes any MAJOR updates, that may require dealer intervention.
Feel free to confirm or reject any of these points IF you have taken a test drive and in which model.

Yes, but everything within a car is an arms length away. The only thing I would want it to do is dial a number on my phone, or "call home". and set a destination, or postcode on the sat nav. Things you need to take your eyes, and concentration, off the road for. So does it do that?
There is limited knowledge on just what the I.Connect feature will really do and will not do, at the moment.
Which models will / will not perform voice commands for sky roof / climate control etc or not.
Regards making a telephone call, I believe the original ZS EV already had this feature on anyway ?.
I agree, being able to command function the Sat Nav is handy and safer on the move.
But my guess will be that not all functions will be available via voice command even if you do have the top range spec.
e.g. - The I.Connect will not drop the side windows by voice command.
I tried it on Saturdays test drive.
It did not recognize / understand the command.

I was going to order Trophy Connect myself because I understood it to be a factory fit only option with scope for additional functionality to be added down the line. If the extra means their navigation includes the kind of information found on Zap Map combined with the helpful updates I see on Waze, then I'd get daily use out of that feature.

For most people though, I imagine they're not seeing the value in the additional £500 the way the features have been marketed so far.

It's a case of confirming the features as people test drives the different models I think.
On another thread, one member has tested a Trophy ( NOT the I.Connect ) and it DID have voice command functionality ?.
Miles have already confirmed that all models have over the air updates feature, but unsure if this includes any MAJOR updates, that may require dealer intervention.
Feel free to confirm or reject any of these points IF you have taken a test drive and in which model.
I'd be interested to know what updates they will push OTA vs the ones that are dealer only and perhaps incur a fee.

As you said though...looks like the customers will have to work out exactly what's what as they try the cars.

I was going to order Trophy Connect myself because I understood it to be a factory fit only option with scope for additional functionality to be added down the line. If the extra means their navigation includes the kind of information found on Zap Map combined with the helpful updates I see on Waze, then I'd get daily use out of that feature.

For most people though, I imagine they're not seeing the value in the additional £500 the way the features have been marketed so far.
Totally agree @Nutnut .
You are asking customers to place an order for a particular model that will suit their needs and requirements, but nobody appears to know just what the difference is between the Trophy and the Trophy I.Connect ?.
Oh ........ sorry stand corrected, but we do know 500 bloody quid :ROFLMAO: !!!!!.
Okay ................ So what does the £500 get you ?.
Bugger, its all gone a bit silent now.
Customers trying to speculate what they will and will not get, for their money is a bit crap to be honest.
Maybe the powers that be, don't know either !.
How can you launch the models and the prices, when you don't know what the differences are ?.
Somebody SHOULD know surely ?.
Some ( if not all of these cars ) are already built buy now, they should have a build sheets to compare equipments levels, its not rocket science.

you can do that via android auto anyway. just press the little mic button on-screen and say 'dial whoever'.

indeed. i have ordered it anyway as i thought it included an amazon subscription as that's what the spec indicated. otherwise, it's no different to an amazon music app running on android auto.

My other issue is FOMO. I regret not paying an extra few pounds a month and not getting tekna spec on my leaf.

atm I don't think connect is good value for money as most features are available through android auto/car play. Hopefully It does offer quite a bit more than non-connect versions.

i have ordered it anyway as i thought it included an amazon subscription as that's what the spec indicated.
Exactly the reason I ordered the connect, after all up until this autumn Tesla included 12 months of their 'connectivity pack' for free, which included spotify that was already setup and working, no own account needed. That suggested that £500 for a lifetime subscription was not just wild expectation.

I do feel somewhat conned, to learn that it is merely integration with an account that you must subscribe to independently.

Exactly the reason I ordered the connect, after all up until this autumn Tesla included 12 months of their 'connectivity pack' for free, which included spotify that was already setup and working, no own account needed. That suggested that £500 for a lifetime subscription was not just wild expectation.

I do feel somewhat conned, to learn that it is merely integration with an account that you must subscribe to independently.
it offers nothing more than what is already on android auto. in fact once within android auto i would rather access amazon from there than yet another option on the main screen.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

To access the Amazon Music App, owners will either need to create a new account, or log-in with their existing Amazon details. If the owner has not previously used Amazon Music the streaming experience will be much like that of a basic Spotify user. For users who have playlists set up already in Amazon Music, these will be accessible.

For users who are already regular Android Auto or CarPlay users, the additional features will offer little extra benefit. The benefit of these items is in the seamless integration with the on-board navigation system for example. Although representing an increasingly small number of people, these additional ‘live’ services will offer a new level of connectivity for owners who do not have a smart phone.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

To access the Amazon Music App, owners will either need to create a new account, or log-in with their existing Amazon details. If the owner has not previously used Amazon Music the streaming experience will be much like that of a basic Spotify user. For users who have playlists set up already in Amazon Music, these will be accessible.

For users who are already regular Android Auto or CarPlay users, the additional features will offer little extra benefit. The benefit of these items is in the seamless integration with the on-board navigation system for example. Although representing an increasingly small number of people, these additional ‘live’ services will offer a new level of connectivity for owners who do not have a smart phone.
@MilesperkWh .
Thanks for clarifying the details Miles !.
One member had taken a test drive in a standard Trophy at Chorley / Burnley and reported it had “Voice Control”.
I did question if this was correct, as I would have expected them to have a Trophy IConnect like a number of other dealers.
So, you DO require IConnect IF you wish to voice command features, like the sun roof and climate control etc !.
I already have a reminder set for the pod cast tonight.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Many thanks Miles.

@MilesperkWh .
Thanks for clarifying the details Miles !.
One member had taken a test drive in a standard Trophy at Chorley / Burnley and reported it had “Voice Control”.
I did question if this was correct, as I would have expected them to have a Trophy IConnect like a number of other dealers.
So, you DO require IConnect IF you wish to voice command features, like the sun roof and climate control etc !.
I already have a reminder set for the pod cast tonight.
Miles has confirmed in different thread that the car I drove was in fact the Connect version and that all their demonstrators are the Connect version. I was told it was Trophy and I didn't see the Amazon option tab on the screen so assumed non Connect. Sorry for the confusion.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom