Home charger installer - Scotland

Yeah, I was really surprised I qualified as well!
Hi

When you got your charger did you manage to get the rural grant? I’ve just applied for it to get on with this charger through the company you recommended.

However the MG4 isn’t in the list of OZEV approved vehicles so I can’t get the grant until it appears there! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi

When you got your charger did you manage to get the rural grant? I’ve just applied for it to get on with this charger through the company you recommended.

However the MG4 isn’t in the list of OZEV approved vehicles so I can’t get the grant until it appears there! 🤷🏻‍♂️
I just got told the same today, MG 4 isn't on the list.
Renault Mégane etech came out later and is on it, pretty much same issue as insurance.

I just got told the same today, MG 4 isn't on the list.
Renault Mégane etech came out later and is on it, pretty much same issue as insurance.
I seem to remember a conversation with Miles Roberts (might have been someone else), where it was stated that MG hadn’t applied for the MG4 to be on the scheme. Worth following up with MG customer services.

I seem to remember a conversation with Miles Roberts (might have been someone else), where it was stated that MG hadn’t applied for the MG4 to be on the scheme. Worth following up with MG customer services.
Cheers. I’ve sent an enquiry form. Nothing’s straightforward!

How very MG of them, nothings straightforward!! Is the most apt comment

Wondering if anyone uses a Hypervolt charger and does it have as good solar integration and interphase as Zappi does? Was speaking to someone who told me he uses that instead of Zappi and cheaper for him so was wondering if something to think about. Not convinced if will be cheaper though as charger alone is £630

Wondering if anyone uses a Hypervolt charger and does it have as good solar integration and interphase as Zappi does? Was speaking to someone who told me he uses that instead of Zappi and cheaper for him so was wondering if something to think about. Not convinced if will be cheaper though as charger alone is £630
It’s cheaper than a Zappi unit. The MyEnergi website says they start from £779 without installation, for comparison

I have Hypervolt installed but not with Solar panel usage.
Install was £985 supplied and fitted by Norvolt Solutions.

Last edited:
My Wallbox Pulsar Plus was £940 fitted. (Purchased via Bumblebee EV). However the actual cost to me was -£160 ... yes, you read that right. ;)

£350 OZEV grant
£250 Energy Savings Trust Scotland grant
£500 from Volvo (I was originally getting a Volvo PHEV company car, which came with a free charge point offer. But their supplier was running behind so Volvo offered £500 instead. As it happens Volvo later cancelled my car order anyway, but by then I already had the charge point fitted).

£1100 income
£940 expenditure
£160 cash for me to spend on a weekend away 😎

I have Hypervolt installed but not with Solar panel usage.
Install was £985 supplied and fitted by Norvolt Solutions.
Ah ok. Do you have any idea if the app for solar integration or even the installation is as straightforward and intuitive as Zappi's?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back