HV battery shutoff when initiating rapid charge. Vehicle control system fault.

Yeah Or a mod could edit the title with mk1 mk2 🤷‍♂️ but that might put people off reading/contributing if it's not about "theirs"? 🤔🤔🤷‍♂️
I tried to edit the vehicle I am driving, as shown on the left under members details, but it wouldn't let me change to "1st Gen MG ZS EV" which is a shame.

Dave

Are we noticing a pattern emerge on what chargers are trending to cause this issue? I've only charged once on a rapid, an Instavolt with no issues but I've heard of issues with Gridserve and Geniepoint but has it occurred with any others?
It is the manufacturer and model that matters not the operator.

I just had mine in for fitting of the towbar that has been out of stock.

I had to drive 100+ miles to the nearest shop, and i had asked them, when i confirmed the date for the fitting, and when i dropped it off, that they would update all modules available to the latest version, he said they were aware of the "Car bricks at CCS chargers" and the "Maintain vehicle soon alarm every about 1000 kilometers"

When i picked it up, he said the update for the 2 faults had not yet been released for them, so they were unable to do the update.

He did state that "a few of the smaller modules, got an update, but this was just for minor stuff"

Did not give any details on what modules and what "changelog" sadly.

I was told i was going to get a notice, when these updates were ready, and to just pop by and get them done.....To which i replied that when i live 100+ miles away, i would not be able to just pop in for this.

Had to take the day off, to deliver the car to them, and then go to the city to pass time, until they were finished.

So, they also said...No updates available for this yet.
Despite not being able to getting this update installed, we went ahead with our planned holiday and drove from the midlands to Italy and am happy to report without incident. Using mainly Ionity, fastned and Tesla chargers. Reading further in this thread it sounds like gridserve have been causing(triggered is perhaps a better word) the issues, which I've used in the past but tend to avoid because they look grubby and are often just a single unit badly positioned in the corner of the services.

Despite not being able to getting this update installed, we went ahead with our planned holiday and drove from the midlands to Italy and am happy to report without incident. Using mainly Ionity, fastned and Tesla chargers. Reading further in this thread it sounds like gridserve have been causing(triggered is perhaps a better word) the issues, which I've used in the past but tend to avoid because they look grubby and are often just a single unit badly positioned in the corner of the services.

The new GridServe chargers have replaced all the old Ecotricity chargers and are now much more reliable and can be found at several sites now with multiple chargers (UK).

So my car also decided to throw me a HV battery shut off error. It's a MK2 SR 1,5 month old and it happend at a EV Box charger in The Netherlands. The roadside assistance tried to disconnect the 12V for 5 minutes but that did not help. I have not tried to hold the power button for more than 15 secs because I read this potential fix after the car was picked up.

The car is supposed to be at the dealership today but i have not heard anything yet.

Hoping they get this issue sorted out fast, so many cars seem to be affected.

Mine took 3 months to fix hope yours is quicker
That does not sound good, what did they have to do to fix it? We have had the car for barely 1,5 months. If it will take longer to fix the car than we have been able to use it I will try to look in to getting out of the lease.

To be honest, with all the HV shut off errors people are talking about are not giving me a good feeling about the car. Hope I get proved wrong because I was so happy with the car when it was working.

Is this new software the actual fix or are we still hoping this is the case?

This was the poor responce i got.Tbh the dealer did drag their heels but after i kicked off the car was sent to the main mg garage in Birmingham and was repaired whithin a fortnight

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220712-084850_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220712-084850_Outlook.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 114
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom