HV battery shutoff when initiating rapid charge. Vehicle control system fault.

Hopefully the May 2022 software update will be applied and all will be ok. Had my LR Trophy updated last week, but still haven't used a rapid charger yet.
I'm not sure that the new update fixed the issue... My car has arrived in the UK in April but was collected from Nathaniel Cars on the 30th of May. I was informed that the software was updated for me.
Lets wait and see what Leeds dealership has to say.
It looks like that on the way the 12v battery went flat (hope it's not a begining of 12v battery issues).
According to the AA guy 7 out of 10 cars with this problem are MG cars 2 out of 7 can be fixed by disconnecting the battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-193850.png
    Screenshot_20220626-193850.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
You can buy terabyte sized usb sticks now!
I think these things are more related to variant coding and so on.

The system needs to be online for the proces to end properly.

Have seen this before, where the computer does a module wipe, then they load up the new firmware and then, based on VIN, the computer will variant code the car, and verify the update went well.

Variant code = Enable functions in the car, while NOT enabling functions not in the car (For example, a car with no reverse radars, should not try to use those, and a SR car should be set up for SR batteries, range etc)

@woz Don't supposed you tried to hold down the start button someone said 15 sec and it reboots

Last edited:
The AA guy did. Didn’t work unfortunately
Course there may be other things the originator of this trick did before the long press?

Like clear codes (visible or otherwise) 🤷‍♂️?

Got to be worth an ask of the original poster of the long press trick?

Just an FYI guys, I had an issue charging at a 50kwh PodPoint rapid charger last week and this is the alarming response that I got back from MG “Customer Service”!

D11E8A51-A6E8-43F6-80A0-10590E0408FA.jpeg

The AA guy did. Didn’t work unfortunately
Just an FYI guys, I had an issue charging at a 50kwh PodPoint rapid charger last week and this is the alarming response that I got back from MG “Customer Service”!

View attachment 9344
Wow, I wish the dealership had told me that! I had successfully used the same GeniePoint last week. Car is now with the dealership, I hope they can sort it quickly.

Same problem with my 2nd gen MG zs ev SR Trophy. Apparently it was updated before sale.
Brand new car arrived in the UK at the end of April .
Sold by Nathaniel cars in May.
AA guy have tried all tricks from the forum and now it is on the way to Luscombe MG Leeds...
I will report back how they handle the situation.
On the positive side AA told us 3h wait but the recovery van arrived within 30m
How long did it take to sort the issue Kimoluki?

How long did it take to sort the issue Kimoluki?
The car is still at the dealership and I'm still waiting for the courtesy car. They have an agreement with "Enterprise " unfortunately no cars available in my area
so now we are down to courtesy taxi... option which is rather disappointing.

Are we noticing a pattern emerge on what chargers are trending to cause this issue? I've only charged once on a rapid, an Instavolt with no issues but I've heard of issues with Gridserve and Geniepoint but has it occurred with any others?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom