HV battery shutoff when initiating rapid charge. Vehicle control system fault.

I'm currently stuck waiting for the AA truck to collect my car with this issue.

AA engineer tried everything he could for 2 hours, nothing, their systems weren't able to connect, been stuck here almost 5 hours now...

Supposedly the AA truck will drop me home and then drop off the car at my closest MG dealer, just dump it in front of the dealership.

Then I got to call them tomorrow and tell them that car blocking their door is mine...

I'm so tired I just want to go to sleep.
Did they try the hold start button untill it reboots?
Probably with foot on brake
Probably with

Last edited:
There was a post that the aa tried it and yes it work hopefully it was not a one off

When this happened to me last week the AA held the Start button for about 15 seconds the car shut down - he waited a short while and the car rebooted with everything working 👍

There was a post that the aa tried it and yes it work hopefully it was not a one off

Did they try the hold start button untill it reboots?
Probably with foot on brake
Probably with
No, how does this work? They tried with me starting the car with both feet on brake and acceleration and then presss start button. Any instructions still waiting for truck.

No, how does this work? They tried with me starting the car with both feet on brake and acceleration and then presss start button. Any instructions still waiting for truck.
Think what's he's on about is put your foot on brake as normal to start, hold it there. Press & keep pressed for 20? Seconds the "start" button...

May be try just push and hold say 30sec then push and hold with brake then same with accelerator and brake then just accelerator(bit careful with this one) as you have time to kill one may work nothing to lose?

With the car powered off. Just press the start button and keep it held down until the driver’s display reboots. You might have to try the same with your foot on the brake. Anything is worth a go.

Tried all variations didn't work same error as always, it won't let me drive.

Attachments

• 20220731_211223.jpg
    20220731_211223.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 128
So annoying:-(

It’s possible that even though you have recently had the car the software updates have not been implemented. It would interesting if MG can tell you how they resolve the issue.

I have had problems in the past communicating with diagnostic equipment (not mg) with low volts so I normally use booster pack to up volts then connect diagnostic equipment makes a big difference

I have had problems in the past communicating with diagnostic equipment (not mg) with low volts so I normally use booster pack to up volts then connect diagnostic equipment makes a big difference

I think carrying a booster pack is a must for all BEV owners.

Something like this?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom