HV battery shutoff when initiating rapid charge. Vehicle control system fault.

If I have learned one thing about the 12v battery in the ZS from this forum it is that it might as well be half a dozen amazon basic AAAs... it is the cheapest and crappiest 12v battery in the known universe and I for one, when I get my car that is, will be changing it out straight away for something with more "oomph"... likely a Li-Ion to save a little bit of weight too, might even invest in a 12v trickle charger to keep it topped up when not plugged into the wall box. will 100% carry a small battery booster as well for emergencies

If I have learned one thing about the 12v battery in the ZS from this forum it is that it might as well be half a dozen amazon basic AAAs... it is the cheapest and crappiest 12v battery in the known universe and I for one, when I get my car that is, will be changing it out straight away for something with more "oomph"... likely a Li-Ion to save a little bit of weight too, might even invest in a 12v trickle charger to keep it topped up when not plugged into the wall box. will 100% carry a small battery booster as well for emergencies
The 12v on the new MGZSEV is monitored all the time, even when the car is off and locked, its automatically topped up by the HV battery. This is completely different to the Mk1 system

Hola
según marca el fallo es batería al parecer viene de fabrica para su información el código de fallo es erróneo

[ Moderator: please post in English. Google Translation: ]
Hello
According to the brand, the fault is battery, apparently it comes from the factory for your information, the fault code is wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
The 12v on the new MGZSEV is monitored all the time, even when the car is off and locked, its automatically topped up by the HV battery. This is completely different to the Mk1 system
The 12 volt on my Kona is charged for 20 minutes every 4 hours. Didn't stop me being stranded on a car park though and needing a new battery (still under warranty thankfully).

Doesn’t charge if their is an hv warning message up and that means ur stuck

I believe they are fixing the software to allow it to least start and turn over just now from my understanding from MG directly

Doesn’t charge if their is an hv warning message up and that means ur stuck

I believe they are fixing the software to allow it to least start and turn over just now from my understanding from MG directly
Did they indicate if this was "In shop" or "over the air" ?

If they can not fix the underlying problem OTA, i hope they can atleast do some magic, for example an OTA, that gives you a "Reset charge fault" button on the screen, that can be pressed to reset the ECU fault codes, until they can get it into the shop to get if fixed "properly"

I would imagine, the problem is on one of the protocol's between the car and charger.

If so, it would probably be a "simple" software fix of some sort.

If it turns out to be more serious, and they need to change some defective hardware, it will probably be a lot more involving and take a lot more time.

Mines been in mg salford arnold clark 11 days now after failing in north wales trying to fast charge.i finally got a hire car after 9 days petrol fiat 500.
They informed me that mg in china have a set procedure they want them to follow.they say that mg in china are very slow to respond.
Ill give them another week

Mines been in mg salford arnold clark 11 days now after failing in north wales trying to fast charge.i finally got a hire car after 9 days petrol fiat 500.
They informed me that mg in china have a set procedure they want them to follow.they say that mg in china are very slow to respond.
Ill give them another week
Which charger in Wales was that? It wouldn't be the Ospray in St Asaph on the A55 like mine was would it?

I think that maybe we are talking about the same one that @Vince31 used !.
Can you confirm please Vince.
I passed by that charger only yesterday !.
Its a Marston's pub if I remember correctly ?.

I think that maybe we are talking about the same one that @Vince31 used !.
Can you confirm please Vince.
I passed by that charger only yesterday !.
Its a Marston's pub if I remember correctly ?.
Probably as Marston's are installing Osprey chargers at their sites. Osprey are usually reliable chargers. It might be worth contacting Osprey and letting them know there is an issue with the new MG ZS. They may not be aware of it and might be able to push an update to fix it.

There was a chap who was charging a red mg explain to me his had done the same thing at that charger but his was ok now

Did they indicate if this was "In shop" or "over the air" ?

If they can not fix the underlying problem OTA, i hope they can atleast do some magic, for example an OTA, that gives you a "Reset charge fault" button on the screen, that can be pressed to reset the ECU fault codes, until they can get it into the shop to get if fixed "properly"

I would imagine, the problem is on one of the protocol's between the car and charger.

If so, it would probably be a "simple" software fix of some sort.

If it turns out to be more serious, and they need to change some defective hardware, it will probably be a lot more involving and take a lot more time.
I don’t know what they are doing but it’s went to MG as in the manufacturers now to look at and they have escalated it internally. I think it’s more the fact they have a recall if they can’t fix it on mass coming their way with such a new model they are trying to fix it any way they can.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom