Idiots guide to scheduled charging with a Myenergi Zappi

I have a Zappi, but I've just set scheduled charging in the MG software. One annoyance is the MG4 sometimes decides to start charging so you have to double check it doesn't. I've also seen it decide to reset 80% to 100% and I don't know the reason.
I'm going to try this tonight. If I set the scheduled charge time (00:30-04:30 for Octopus Go) in the MG iSmart app and send this to the car, when I plug the granny charger lead in, will it not begin charging as usual, and wait until 00:30 instead?

At the moment, it's failing to send the scheduled time command to the car, though it may be because there's not much signal for the car to pick up.

Also, does the car remember the scheduled charge setting from here on following charges/days or do you have to resend the scheduled time command each charge?

I use a Zappi with Go and I have my schedules only on the Zappi (nothing in the car) and it works like clockwork - although there is an up to 10 mins random delay built in to starting due to government rules.

I'm going to try this tonight. If I set the scheduled charge time (00:30-04:30 for Octopus Go) in the MG iSmart app and send this to the car, when I plug the granny charger lead in, will it not begin charging as usual, and wait until 00:30 instead?

At the moment, it's failing to send the scheduled time command to the car, though it may be because there's not much signal for the car to pick up.

Also, does the car remember the scheduled charge setting from here on following charges/days or do you have to resend the scheduled time command each charge?
All worked a treat last night according to the schedule, using the new granny 10 meter charger at 10 amps. iSmart scheduling worked great, first time, no hiccups. Looks like it has saved the schedule, so hoping it will just repeat this evening.

Bit frustrating, Octopus Go only give 4 hours @ 9p (vs Intelligent Octopus Go with 6 hours @ 7.5p). Means I'll only get around 16% charge during the 4-hour cheap window but feels better not to be relying on public chargers.

Make sure your Zappi has the latest updates - works best via the menus on the charger rather than the app.
Mine doesn't charge if the firmware is out of date. Forgot to unlock it from the app a few weeks ago and realised just after I got into bed. Couldn't get it working until I read the troubleshooting. Stood outside in jamas and dressing gown at 23:30 trying to update the dam thing

Hello,
I've been an MG4 owner for a few weeks.
I recently had a Myenergi Zappi installed. I've tried and failed to get the car to charge at my cheap rate from 00.30 hours.
Last night I set the scheduled time on the car. No charge.
I've set the scheduled time on the Zappi. No charge.
I can instant charge but not get the car to accept a scheduled charge.
What am I doing wrong please?
Is the car asleep? Do I need to get out of bed in the middle of the night to wake it up?!....

A simple, idiots guide to what buttons to press when and where would be very welcome!
IMG_2085.png

These are the settings I use on our Zappi. You use to have to reset each night but after a recent software update this is not needed. However you do need to leave the App open.
Your also need to set the schedule on the MG app so that the car will accept the charge.

Attachments

• IMG_2086.png
    IMG_2086.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 30
Mine doesn't charge if the firmware is out of date. Forgot to unlock it from the app a few weeks ago and realised just after I got into bed. Couldn't get it working until I read the troubleshooting. Stood outside in jamas and dressing gown at 23:30 trying to update the dam thing
I have never seen that - I am still running the old v4 firmware because it is stable and I choose whether and when to do an update - although it may depend what service you are using, I'm still on Octopus Go.

I have a Zappi, but I've just set scheduled charging in the MG software. One annoyance is the MG4 sometimes decides to start charging so you have to double check it doesn't. I've also seen it decide to reset 80% to 100% and I don't know the reason.
The Zappi will start charging on eco plus if it detects a sudden surge of power, unfortunately that can happen when the tumble drier or washing machine ends. It then starts the car charge & if you have battery excess, it empties to the % set on the inverter and then your car stops charging. But at least it’s not lost. Yep the MG Ap has changed the 80% to 100% for me too, just hope last update has fixed the bug!

View attachment 22076
These are the settings I use on our Zappi. You use to have to reset each night but after a recent software update this is not needed. However you do need to leave the App open.
Your also need to set the schedule on the MG app so that the car will accept the charge.
Your settings look correct. I suggest you do daytime checks. I was having trouble with my Zappi but fixed it with a reset. Hold the parallel lines button for 5 seconds

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back