This is the 'grey' interior for the trophy/lux in Germany. It's 1000 Euro extra here! I won't complain if it comes for free :)

1685633254823.png

it would look great tough it will get more dirty than the dark one

About 7-8 years ago we had a Renault Captur with a light interior, the genius part being the covers unzipped and could be machine washed.
The zips weren’t intrusive at all and alternative official Renault covers in different colours weren’t dear if you fancied a change either.
One of those things where you wonder why everyone doesn’t do it.

Last edited:
About 7-8 years ago we had a Renault Captur with a light interior, the genius part being the covers unzipped and could be machine washed.
The zips were intrusive at all and alternative official Renault covers in different colours weren’t dear if you fancied a change either.
One of those things where you wonder why everyone doesn’t do it.
Yes, I agree.

I have also wondered why more manufacturers don't do easily replacable body panels, especially on cheap fun cars where you could mix and match and create your own colour schemes. Maybe it is just too expensive / difficult to engineer for?

Well, this is exciting. My new seat covers arrived today, in a nice neat zip presentation bag, and everything seems to be there - including the piece for the central bolster. Quality seems good. One piece is slightly marked on a fold, but I'm sure it will come off.

Unfortunately today is the very day I dropped off my car to have the mud flaps fitted and the interior light changed for LED bulbs (I know, I know, but I wrenched my arm and it's painful to hold at certain angles, and besides I wanted to show off my new all-electric wheels to the local garage) so I can't fit them right now. I'll phone and chivvy up the mud-flaps operation after lunch, then there WILL be pictures.

Well, this is exciting. My new seat covers arrived today, in a nice neat zip presentation bag, and everything seems to be there - including the piece for the central bolster. Quality seems good. One piece is slightly marked on a fold, but I'm sure it will come off.

Unfortunately today is the very day I dropped off my car to have the mud flaps fitted and the interior light changed for LED bulbs (I know, I know, but I wrenched my arm and it's painful to hold at certain angles, and besides I wanted to show off my new all-electric wheels to the local garage) so I can't fit them right now. I'll phone and chivvy up the mud-flaps operation after lunch, then there WILL be pictures.
I'm looking forward to how you get on with your seat covers. 👍🏻

Just for completeness - side-by-side comparisons (of the seats, before and after) give a best appreciation of the improvement. :)

I do actually have photos of the existing seats, because the firm that makes the seat covers wanted them to be sure they were making the right item. It wasn't that easy to get good views, especially since the original seats are so dark, but pictures do exist!

Hard to say. I'd be really surprised if it was real leather at the price. Here's the link. (The link seems to go to a generic page for one seat. The full set is about £160.)

Just on what came out the box I'm very happy with them.

Here's the picture on the web site that shows the way the covers are supposed to be made.

1687347914259.png

This is their picture of what they look like on the car.

1687348148115.png

Before? My seats look just like yours. The seat covers are a pile of leather-fabric on the floor of the garage right now.
If it's warm and sunny where you are put them outside unpacked and flat as possible so the creases come out with the warmth.

It's sunshine and showers at the moment. I put them in the garage out of the rain. However, they're not noticeably creased, they have been well packed.

There's a funny wee plastic spatula sort of thing and what looks like a length of chain, but no instructions on what to do with these! The covers have zips and straps and webbing ties. We'll see.

Hard to say. I'd be really surprised if it was real leather at the price. Here's the link. (The link seems to go to a generic page for one seat. The full set is about £160.)

Just on what came out the box I'm very happy with them.

Here's the picture on the web site that shows the way the covers are supposed to be made.

View attachment 18418

This is their picture of what they look like on the car.

View attachment 18419
And what do they REALLY look like? 😀

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums