iSmart 2.0 app woes [merged - all discussion in here please]

You need to logout* first, and then log back in with the very first details you used when creating your account. (I'm assuming that you've previously been able to see your car in the app, before the app updated).

* In the app, click the "face" icon on the right then click the big blue Logout button at the bottom.

Which car do you have? Does the car give you any info about it being bound to an account? Can you see any user account name/details in the car screen?
Thanks for your help. I did find the option to login. It was on the "smiley face" section of the app but you then have to select "settings". After selecting settings it presents you with the Login Hello! Welcome to MG
However, I wasn't able to login successfully. I tried to use the facility of using the "Forgot Password" and indeed it does send a validation code to my phone to allow me to input a new password and to confirm it, but it never allows me to login. When I input a new password and repeat this password as a confirmation it "greys out" the login button, thus preventing me to attempt a login.
Does the password have to meet a specific criteria to be allowable? Maybe the passwords I choose do not meet the requirements?

Also, I used my mobile phone number as the login name. In desperation I also tried my email address. On all occasions.....I failed.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. I did find the option to login. It was on the "smiley face" section of the app but you then have to select "settings". After selecting settings it presents you with the Login Hello! Welcome to MG
However, I wasn't able to login successfully. I tried to use the facility of using the "Forgot Password" and indeed it does send a validation code to my phone to allow me to input a new password and to confirm it, but it never allows me to login. When I input a new password and repeat this password as a confirmation it "greys out" the login button, thus preventing me to attempt a login.
Does the password have to meet a specific criteria to be allowable? Maybe the passwords I choose do not meet the requirements?

Also, I used my mobile phone number as the login name. In desperation I also tried my email address. On all occasions.....I failed.
Ok, I persisted with this and found out that the password criterion is 8 to 15 (I think it was 15) alphanumeric characters. I used a password containing only numbers and letters (total of 9 characters). Two of the letters were uppercase. This seemed to be acceptable and it seemed to allow me to select the login button. See the attached screenshot, which suggests I am logged in, but it still wants me to bind to the car. Very frustrating.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240402-223919_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402-223919_MG iSMART.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 15
You need to logout* first, and then log back in with the very first details you used when creating your account. (I'm assuming that you've previously been able to see your car in the app, before the app updated).

* In the app, click the "face" icon on the right then click the big blue Logout button at the bottom.

Which car do you have? Does the car give you any info about it being bound to an account? Can you see any user account name/details in the car screen?
Hi Siteguru,
Sorry to be a pain....
I have seen you repeatedly state that you must login with your 'original' details and you must be getting fed up of saying it, but I have been trying since about December when v2.0.0 was first released.
I must be dence because try as I might I can't do it.
My original password had a @ so was forced to change it. I have only had one account, my phone number, when I changed the password, they sent a confirmation to my phone, but since then I can't get passed the 'need to bind' screen.
I have been to the dealer, they updated the car's software but really they haven't a clue. I have asked them to unbind so I can start again but they don't know how to do that even!
Have you any ideas what I am doing wrong, it must be user error, but I can't think of what else to do?
Thanks for your patience.

PS, I've logged out and in again, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've done factory reset on car(advice from dealer)......

I still find the app fails to connect every time I use it and I have to drag downwards and have it try again and then again before I get a reading.

It amazes me that the developers can't do this in the background so that I always get an answer (so long as the car has a signal).

It feels so amateurish. I actually like the look and feel of the new app.

Hi Sitguru,
Sorry to be a pain....
I have seen you repeatedly state that you must login with your 'original' details and you must be getting fed up of saying it, but I have been trying since about December when v2.0.0 was first released.
I must be dence because try as I might I can't do it.
My original password had a @ so was forced to change it. I have only had one account, my phone number, when I changed the password, they sent a confirmation to my phone, but since then I can't get passed the 'need to bind' screen.
I have been to the dealer, they updated the car's software but really they haven't a clue. I have asked them to unbind so I can start again but they don't know how to do that even!
Have you any ideas what I am doing wrong, it must be user error, but I can't think of what else to do?
Thanks for your patience.

PS, I've logged out and in again, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've done factory reset on car(advice from dealer)......
I know it might be a pain, but if you look through all the previous posts, there is a contact number or email somewhere for MG assistance , where they will unbind the car so that you can register as a new user.

I know it might be a pain, but if you look through all the previous posts, there is a contact number or email somewhere for MG assistance , where they will unbind the car so that you can register as a new user.
Thanks for that, I'll have a look and if I find it I'll post it again here.

Call 01217 564864 or email [email protected] with a copy of your V5C asking them to unbind your account from the car.
It might take a few days but then you should be able to start again from scratch.
Unbelievable, thank you so much, a quick phone call and a follow-up email and it should be sorted out by Monday!!!
It's taken me months, and countless visits to the dealer...
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom