iSmart 2.0 app woes [merged - all discussion in here please]

Yay! latest update definitely fixes the front screen demisting bug.

I’ve just updated to 2.0.3 and run the demister, and internal temp went from 9 deg to 13 in a couple of minutes, and when I physically checked the car, opening the door I was met with that delicious blast of warm air again :giggle:(y)

As mentioned on some other forums the update is not working for some. Showing a fuel tank with 0% instead of charge.

Going to just leave it and hope it fixes itself rather than mess around.

Attachments

• IMG_4991.jpeg
    IMG_4991.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 37
I found an update and installed it and now the app won't connect to the car...

Oh well, seems that the car had just gone to sleep, even though it was well under 24 hours since it was last driven. Probably wants to hibernate in this cold! Awake and ready to go now after unlocking and locking again with the key fob.

If I couldn't lock/unlock the car with the key fob from inside the house, without going out into the current sub-zero temperatures to do it, I'd be quite cross. The entire point, which is to warm the car up before I have to leave the house, would be kind of negated.

But all is well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone changed their phone (eg got a new iPhone) and transferred the app? Are there any special steps that need to be done, or will the app work (as much as it ever does) immediately on the new phone?

It should just be a case of installing the app on the new phone and logging in (with the correct details). The car is bound to your account and not to a specific device. That's why you can login to your account on several devices and still see your car. (Each device you login on will then cause any previously logged in device to be logged out).

Has anyone changed their phone (eg got a new iPhone) and transferred the app? Are there any special steps that need to be done, or will the app work (as much as it ever does) immediately on the new phone?
As long as you use your account login, you can connect to the server from any phone.

I've found MG Server at times unavailable. Then later/ following day back ok. I assume you successfully registered?

I'm referring to central MG server (Chine or wherever located?). Whether my MG5 is on or off iSmart works fine. However, some members within the MG forum have thought some of the problems are due to their respective 4G phone network. So, yes a few variables to consider.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom