iSmart 2.0 app woes [merged - all discussion in here please]

Have exactly the same problem. Old version of app worked well, but since upgrading the connection to my MG4 Trophy (2023) is very inconsistent. Setting up scheduled charging is now hit and miss, and I'm not sure what advantage keyless start offers? I now seem to have to log in every time I use the app. Wish I could revert to the old version! (Much preferred the dark coloured background of that version too).

After all the various posts on the issues with the new version, I clicked on the update and in Play Store I uninstalled the old version before updating. The new update seems to work fine, I just needed to find my way around the new interface.

It said there had been bug fixes, but the first scan of the car still shows the sunroof open, and closed when run a second time.

Also, the colour scheme should be called Henry Ford. You can have any colour as long as it's white. :)

After all the various posts on the issues with the new version, I clicked on the update and in Play Store I uninstalled the old version before updating. The new update seems to work fine, I just needed to find my way around the new interface.

It said there had been bug fixes, but the first scan of the car still shows the sunroof open, and closed when run a second time.

Also, the colour scheme should be called Henry Ford. You can have any colour as long as it's white. :)

I have the new app, it didn't load and crashed, restart your phone and it began working. Flaky as ever, and how do you change the charge level (currently at Long-trip mode and wanted to change to 80%), unable to change this setting, any ideas???
Mine is like a brick right now but if I recall, touch the battery tile and I think there is a nut at the top right? Adjust the percentage down to 80 and it shows on home page as health mode

Does anyone else find the app only works intermittently, and is there an easy fix for this? It sometimes says it can't find the car or just fails to perform any remote functions. It's fine most of the time, but feels like it always fails to work when you need it most, like wanting to remotely defrost the windscreen etc. on a cold morning. I'm fairly tech savvy, and am inclined to think it's weak software or server issues by MG, not anything I can really do - but I don't know 🤷
Mine is totally unusable , just says failed every time even cleared the cache , no better , as its so bad . MG should roll back

Thank you too, didn't expect an update so soon. Wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't mentioned it.

2.0.1 installed now,

I'm genuinely impressed, bug fix version increment in 12 hours. Thought it would take weeks for them to pay attention and turn around something, nice.
I guess with them having more markets across the world and more models available now their updates will be more widely downloaded/needed, can only be a good thing for us early adopters.

I have just installed a update version of I smart app on my 2022 zsev but it won't bind its saying its already bind but its not working on my phone any suggestions please

Ah, I didn't see that option. I'll be sure to do the same 👍
Just downloaded it.. Android version. Yes no dark mode, but I assume that can be included soon. Had to change metric to imperial but everything else seems to be fine. I set up biometrics which was new. So can login with fingerprint.
Don't bother, it still logs you out after an hour, and you have to put the password in to get back in.

OK, just updated the app prior to reading forum post :(
I have a ZS (facelift 2022) . Now I need to rebind because it's using phone number and was originally using email and it claims it doesn't know my phone number.
What the f*** do I do. I'm going to wander down to the car in a mo to see if I can find a QR code.

Use your email address in the "phone" number field? That works for me.

I didn't need to rebind my car - it was there already. I did though uninstall the app first before installing the new version. (The car is bound to an account, not to a specific instance of the app).

Hi, this was mentioned on the MG podcast last night.
Try putting a few words in the search bar.

Just wondering what kind of phone you have i.e. whether it works better on some types than others. Mine isn't terribly high tech and is glitching like mad. For example, it had finished charging last night and I decided to add another 10% to it. I finally persuaded the app to change the upper limit from 80 to 90%, but it was convinced that the charging plug was out, even though I could see it was in (and it had not long finished charging). So it flatly refused to recommence charging. Likewise, it wouldn't heat the battery, saying the plug was out when it wasn't. So useless for quite a few of the features. I could do these things on the last version :(

Hey

My MG app just updated on my iPhone.

After managing to finally get logged in it doesn’t seem to work.

First issue is it thinks my MG Facelift is a Marvel R.

Second issue is it doesn’t connect to the car. So no data or status information.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks
Mine is the very same I have given up to be honest the old one was fine lost from time to time but aways came back but this new one nothing just when you need to keep a check on SoC and de-frost not even any warning well done MG.
Les

Just wondering what kind of phone you have i.e. whether it works better on some types than others. Mine isn't terribly high tech and is glitching like mad. For example, it had finished charging last night and I decided to add another 10% to it. I finally persuaded the app to change the upper limit from 80 to 90%, but it was convinced that the charging plug was out, even though I could see it was in (and it had not long finished charging). So it flatly refused to recommence charging. Likewise, it wouldn't heat the battery, saying the plug was out when it wasn't. So useless for quite a few of the features. I could do these things on the last version :(
Samsung Galaxy A13 with Android version 13.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom