iSmart 2.0 app woes [merged - all discussion in here please]

App after update sucks. Still asks me to login, when i get into app, I cant bond my phone (samsung zfold 5) as it worked before update, i cant connect to my car (Marvel) at all. Terrible, no connection, very bad...
You're not, won't, and never will bind your phone to the car. Your account is bound to the car. If you can't see your car in the app then you've logged in to the wrong account.

Bear in mind that the password rules seem to have changed, so it may be a case of you entering your email address (if that is how you FIRST created your account) and then going through the Forgot Password process.

Don’t know if this might but when I did both our MGs 4 & 5 where you fill in you email or phone no there is a tab which says Send when you hit that you get an authentication code sent back to you right away you copy that in to the correct box then you pin Number so that eventually after several attempts worked for me.
Les

Thank you Grandadgeorgec just seen your last post so tried mine again and hey presto it’s working so someone has done something overnight must have get a picture of my MG5 but it is still saying Marvel R on the home page that I can live with.Thanks again for the heads up.
Les
Just for interest, received this reply from MG and the Bot Garry Smart just now. Confirms they had problems.👴
------------------------------
Good morning

We are aware of a fault with the app at this time.

It has been reported to the app provider and we are hoping for a quick resolution within the next few weeks (delayed due to holiday season).

I am truly sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience caused in the meantime and thank you for your patience whilst a resolution is found.

Gary Smart

Last edited:
Thank you Grandadgeorgec just seen your last post so tried mine again and hey presto it’s working so someone has done something overnight must have get a picture of my MG5 but it is still saying Marvel R on the home page that I can live with.Thanks again for the heads up.
Les
Mine was the same. Found out that under the vehicle management screen if you tap the car it shows a pen. Tap this and you can edit the car details.
Hope yours is the same.

Just for interest, received this reply from MG and the Bot Garry Smart just now. Confirms they had problems.👴
------------------------------
Good morning

We are aware of a fault with the app at this time.

It has been reported to the app provider and we are hoping for a quick resolution within the next few weeks (delayed due to holiday season).

I am truly sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience caused in the meantime and thank you for your patience whilst a resolution is found.

Gary Smart
Interesting. That's an admission that they are failing to comply with Google Play's terms and conditions for developers.

OK - the app is working - gripes later ;-)

However, I set the aircon to warm up the car today, and despite the set temp being 22degC it set the temp to LO - so by the time that we got in the car was rather chilly. Has anyone else seen this?

OK - the app is working - gripes later ;-)

However, I set the aircon to warm up the car today, and despite the set temp being 22degC it set the temp to LO - so by the time that we got in the car was rather chilly. Has anyone else seen this?
Has anybody noticed that the preheat time has reduced from 15 mins down to 10 now on the new App 🤷‍♂️ ?.
I think to defrost the car properly, 15 minutes is favourable.
Switch it back MG please (y).

Has anybody noticed that the preheat time has reduced from 15 mins down to 10 now on the new App 🤷‍♂️ ?.
Hi Jeff are you sure both of our MGs always only did 10 minutes all the last year or so we have had them ours is the 4&5 maybe ZS is different.
Les

For the past year with my MG4 it has always been 10 minutes, and you could do 2 lots of 10 minutes at most. (Not sure what time delay was allowed before you could do it again - an hour?).

Hi Jeff are you sure both of our MGs always only did 10 minutes all the last year or so we have had them ours is the 4&5 maybe ZS is different.
Les
Hi Les - Yep our Trophy ZS EV LR Gen2 always flagged up a message to say that the pre-cabin heating, would remain ON for 15 minutes only.
I spotted the reduced 10 minute reminder the first time I used the new App.
Bugger ! - I gone through 100 of my photos and I can not find one that displays this message.
I am starting to doubt myself now Les :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
MG5 here - it's always been 10 minutes

It appears that there's a bug - at least as far as the MG5 is concerned.

Starting the AC using the ON/OFF button in the new app, the system ignores whatever temperature is set and just pushes out air on LO - so useless for preheating the car. Tried the old app, and it all works perfectly.

There seems to be a work round in that if you don't turn the AC on and use the right hand arrow to go to the HVAC screen, you can set the temperature and press SEND. When it's worked, it also turns on the AC at the temperature that you've just set.

So - what is the best place to report this bug?

So on the new app when you remotely want to have the Front window selected to come on previously if the temperature of the car was set at 20 that would be the case when you got into the car it was warmer now I find when I ask it to come on I get in the car and it’s set on low is it that these features can’t be changed now or is there something else I need to do to the settings?

So on the new app when you remotely want to have the Front window selected to come on previously if the temperature of the car was set at 20 that would be the case when you got into the car it was warmer now I find when I ask it to come on I get in the car and it’s set on low is it that these features can’t be changed now or is there something else I need to do to the settings?
If I understand your question correctly, this what I have found.
Open the App and go to the air conditioner button in the bottom right hand side of the screen.
Select this and it will flip to the HVAC screen.
Now set the temperature you require and press the SEND button.
You should receive a notification to say your request has been successful.

IMG_2185.png

IMG_2186.png

Last edited:
OK thanks for that I shall give it a try

I just try setting the temp-and what it did was turn on the a/c but I did what that to happen but I shall try it before I go home to see if it remember the setting

Sending the increased temp request from your phone to the car SHOULD obeyed and confirmed on your phone.
But I have seen commands returned as successful in the old App and actually fail when checked at the car.
Hopefully the new App will be a little more reliable.
I tend to refresh / wake up the Home Screen first, by dragging down on the screen of the phone.
Maybe run a health check to establish if the App is talking to the car correctly.
If it returns a complete check and all fields are populated correctly, you have a good chance your request will be carried out.
Then send the new command.
A bit long winded I know !.
The new App maybe better, let’s see 🙏.

If you send a temperature to HVAC then it turns on HVAC. The difference with the new app is that you can now set and send via the app (thus turn on HVAC) - previously you had to turn on HVAC before you could even see the temperature setting screen.

In my case I did a set and send for HI on HVAC ... now every time I check in the app the setting remains at HI. So hereonafter I only need to turn on HVAC and it'll keep the HI setting. (The old app did the same once the temperature was set). And the HVAC can be turned on simply by pressing the "On" switch symbol (and then entering your PIN / biometrics if required).

In my case I did a set and send for HI on HVAC ... now every time I check in the app the setting remains at HI. So hereonafter I only need to turn on HVAC and it'll keep the HI setting. (The old app did the same once the temperature was set). And the HVAC can be turned on simply by pressing the "On" switch symbol (and then entering your PIN / biometrics if required).
Not on the MG5.... I set the temp at 22degC, but every time the AC is activated via the ON/OFF switch then it sets the temp to LO in the car- even though it still says 22deC on the app.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom