Instal the new app today, after a lot of fight manage to login but the remote control not working at all. The old app was slow but work for me.
As much I can read in social media a lot of people with similar problems, some have only part of the functions working.
Please advice.

I suspect their servers are overloaded with people trying the new app - it has always been a bit hit and miss.

My app updated and logged me out, I couldn't log in for a while, then got in and all OK. Had to do the usual change kilometers to miles, and a bit of searching to find where things had been hidden.

It's a funny thing, but you can have the skin in any colour you like, as long as its white! 😆

For anyone who clicked update on the android app today and is looking for the target percent charge option that used to be on the battery picture, it is now hidden in the hexagonal cog wheel setting icon at top right.. it's a drop down field on the settings screen that appears after clicking the cog.

It's a bit buggy, getting token errors for timeout and had to clear cache to be able to login a few times
I don't have a cog on the settings page.

Using the IOS version. I could not enter any special characters (@, ! etc.) in the password field. Had to reset my password and create a new password using only (alphabetic)letters and numbers. I was able to login afterwards. Overall stability seems better tough.

Had to delete my old account and re register before it would load but now won't bind to the car as my old account details are still present any tips on how to unbind my now deleted old account.

Just updated to the v2.0.1 and logged in first time. Seems like the servers are stable now. Quite upset that seat heating is not available on the ZS :(

What about heated steering wheel? I was quite sure that used to be available for the MG4 Trophy but I can't find it in the new app. Was it there before or am I going crazy?

Click on the battery widget (square under the picture of the car at an angle, there's a screenshot of that screen above)
Then you see a side view picture of the car with battery 🔋 guage, it top right of this screen that the cog is, I wasn't very specific earlier.

The main thing is that it doesn't bring any new fonctionnality... Like the "OTA lie" for Connect (Luxury in France) model, seems that MG doesn't like the change ...
But I still love mine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Keyless start - What does this refer too ?.
Was it on the previous App ?.
I was hoping that given the previously buried ‘Keyless start’ functionality has been elevated to the home screen meant that I could unlock and start with the minimum number of iPhone button presses but unfortunately not 🥺

It seems that the user still has to enter device key management, and wait for Bluetooth to connect. The new button appears to have no functionality at all unless I have misunderstood❓

Mine has a Coop "Gas station" at the top of our residential road - nope!

And the nearest dealer is Kidderminster 3.1 miles away - nope Kidderminster is 83 miles away according to Google maps. The second closest is Stockport which is correct.

The app is absolute rubbish…. Designed by a 3 year old
logs you out all the time
doesn't keep the saved settings
why would you want to find a “gas station’ in an electric car?
MG take a camera on holiday and go see the German software on their cars

Select the battery screen, where your battery percentage is showing.
This will take you to the "EV Management screen".
The settings cog is in the top R/H corner of the screen.
This will take you to the scheduled charging settings.
If you want to clear the cache.
On the front home screen, select the button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
Now at the bottom of the this screen, you will see a "Settings" tab.
Click on this then the "Clear Cache" is the second tab button down.
Press this tab and it will ask you to confirm, say yes.
Done !.

Had to delete my old account and re register before it would load but now won't bind to the car as my old account details are still present any tips on how to unbind my now deleted old account.
After watching the pod cast tonight, it has been recommend that when you sign into the NEW app, sign in with what ever you used to sign into the OLD app.
If you only used your e.mail address, then use this.
If you only used your phone number, use this.
When first binded to the car, it uses one of these options.
If you choose a different option ( switch from e.mail to phone etc ) it does not recognise this.
Do not unbind from the car.

Installed the update but now can't get the app to start - just a white screen with the logo in the middle. Any ideas?
Same here. Someone said to delete the app and re install. Did that and could then log in. Unfortunately not a darn thing works. uninstall again deleted the account and re installed. tried to bind and app said already bound .
Started having problems unlocking passenger doors lhs. nothing worked. had to get out and open from outside. that is dangerous.
After many frustrating hours with nothing working on the app travelled home and tried old version on ipad, lo and behold it worked
New 2.0 version on phone ( android) will log on but won't connect to car MG5 fl 6onths old.
Hope I'm not the only one

For anyone who clicked update on the android app today and is looking for the target percent charge option that used to be on the battery picture, it is now hidden in the hexagonal cog wheel setting icon at top right.. it's a drop down field on the settings screen that appears after clicking the cog.

It's a bit buggy, getting token errors for timeout and had to clear cache to be able to login a few times
Still not an option for standard range. Pain in the assessment.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom