I had the old APP, no problems, working grand.

I updated to the new APP and the app is saying that I cant bind to my car because my car is already binded (presumably to the old app somewhere). So how do I unbind from old app and rebind with new one >?
Avoid unbinding to the car if you can !.
When you are prompted to sign into the new App, use either the e.mail or phone number that you used to create the original account.
Only use one of these if you did so, to create the original account.
I ONLY used my phone number to create my account.
I have not had any problem signing into the new App and it appears to work okay.
But after about 30 minutes to 1 hour it will not allow me to access the account, unless I enter my password every time, which is frustrating to say the least.

Avoid unbinding to the car if you can !.
When you are prompted to sign into the new App, use either the e.mail or phone number that you used to create the original account.
Only use one of these if you did so, to create the original account.
I ONLY used my phone number to create my account.
I have not had any problem signing into the new App and it appears to work okay.
But after about 30 minutes to 1 hour it will not allow me to access the account, unless I enter my password every time, which is frustrating to say the least.
Thanks

But the App doesnt let me login using my Email account (that was the original account!) , it only allows me to put in a mobile number

When I logged in using my mobile I must of setup a new account as theres nothing on it and it wont let me bind to my car!

Last edited:
Thanks

But the App doesnt let me login using my Email account (that was the original account!) , it only allows me to put in a mobile number

When I logged in using my mobile I must of setup a new account as theres nothing on it and it wont let me bind to my car!
Just put the email address in the phone number field

Thanks

It does let you log in via email- that’s what It did (albeit the design doesn’t make it obvious)

Good day. Is there anyway to download the apk and sideload the app ? I can't download it from Play Store because it says it's not available in my country. I however had a really old version like version 1.1 that worked for a couple days a while back but it has stopped working for months now.

I had managed to avoid the new app until this evening. However, it appears to be working fine (though I don’t like the white ‘skin’). I quickly deleted gas stations from the list of facilities, as I obviously have no need of that. Hopefully, new colour skins will soon be available.

I also set fingerprint recognition from the Face ID tab in security settings.

They appear to have solved the issue of LHD/RHD by heavily tinting the windows!
Edited to say that on the HVAC screen, the car is still shown as LHD ☹️

Last edited:
After completely closing down my Iphone and restarting it two hours ago, over that time, I have been popping into the App and strangely, it has not asked me to sign again with my password ????.
Something has changed or it’s a blip.
Time will tell I guess.

Hi! All good here. I delayed installing as much as I could - the old app would not let me get past the "update" popup anymore. I think the servers are not hammered anymore and yes I did use my email instead of phone number and everything went ok. Seems snappy and better visual design, haven't gone through it form the UX/UI perspective yet. But it works nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem signing in and finding my car, but the remote control still not working on MG5 FL.
If anyone have similar experience and resolved successfully, please advise.

Hi all,

the title "iSMART defrosting stopped working in V2.0.1" pretty much says it all, ever since I updated to version 2.0.1, the defrosting "Front Window" option does not work as intended.
It does start the fan, but it doesn't heat which pretty much makes this option useless in winter.
When I start the "Front Window" option, then turn on the infotainment in the car, it says that temperature is set to "Lo". This definitely was not the case before!

Also, it would be great if this option really did a proper defrosting meaning also starting rear window and side mirror heaters, but I guess that is wishful thinking.

Did anybody else notice this behaviour?

I have the facelift LR trophy model BTW.

1703056930368.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You will probably need to set the desired temperature in the air conditioning section. This temp should then apply to the window defrost mode.

Hi all,

the title pretty much says it all, ever since I updated to version 2.0.1, the defrosting "Front Window" option does not work as intended.
It does start the fan, but it doesn't heat which pretty much makes this option usless in winter.
When I start the "Front Window" option, then turn on the infotainment in the car, it says that temperature is set to "Lo". This definitely was not the case before!

Also, it would be great if this option really did a proper defrosting meaning also starting rear window and side mirror heaters, but I guess that is wishful thinking.

Did anybody else notice this behaviour?

I have the facelift LR trophy model BTW.

View attachment 22320
I’m assuming that turning on the Air Conditioner is the same as Pre-heat on the old version and this always cleared the windows very quickly on old version.

You will probably need to set the desired temperature in the air conditioning section. This temp should then apply to the window defrost mode.
I did that, but then it turns off the Front Window thingy and turns on the "regular" AC fan.

Use the A/C blowing to defrost car, not front window
I’m assuming that turning on the Air Conditioner is the same as Pre-heat on the old version and this always cleared the windows very quickly on old version.
Yes, I'll use the A/C blowing as a workaround.

Still, it used to work before and would clean the front window quicker, so I am a bit annoyed that they changed it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom