After completely closing down my Iphone and rebooting it, I have been trying the App over the last few hours and up to now, it has not asked me to sign in with my password again ?.
I am running 2.1 on a IPhone 14.

My finaly working I can see my MG5.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231220_112611_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20231220_112611_MG iSMART.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 41
I can log in and use all the functions, I have and MG ZS, but the schedule battery heating option has been removed, which means I can't heat the battery anymore before I drive (which is an MG Manual recommendation). Anyone have any suggestions? Oh, and is there a way to revert to the previous version?

Also, email them at

[email protected]

and maybe we'll be listened to, eventually.

Logged in ok (iOS on a 12Pro), but where is the battery preheat timer?
I've emaild them at

[email protected]

Maybe we should all email them and ask that question...where is the schedule battery heater option?

Last edited:
I think UX is a slightly better look for me, and the fact it doesn't immediately scan the car status at startup with the daft animation are wins.

Same old weird flakey behaviours and slowness though.

It's things like this that has made me determined to get a Hyundai next time around. 1.5+ years to go!

The new app is terrible, and has apparently lost the ability to turn on battery preheat via the app. Has anyone found out where it is now?

They appear to have solved the issue of LHD/RHD by heavily tinting the windows!
Edited to say that on the HVAC screen, the car is still shown as LHD ☹️
Interesting. On my Seat Heating screen, the seats are the right way round (RHD). Next I will test to see if the seat heating bug has been fixed . . . (heats other seat, not one selected).

Has anyone experienced a feature where if you select map, you cannot return to any other screen? I have to close app and restart it. (MG4 Trophy here)

The number of iSmart threads is getting ridiculous, so I'm merging all the ZS iSmart threads here. There is also one in the General Chat forum. Many posters only read and search in the forum pertaining to their own vehicle, so for now there are also MG4 and MG5 merged iSmart threads as well.

Please use this thread for all iSmart 2.0.0, 2.0.1 etc posts.

Last edited:
Did it ever work, the pre heating? I tried it before but it didn't do anything.
It worked well. I used it a couple if times when the car had been out in -10°C overnight before fast charging in the morning, and the battery did not need heating before reaching max charging speed.

It's completely ridiculous that it has been removed on the ZS EV while being implemented on the MG4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. On my Seat Heating screen, the seats are the right way round (RHD). Next I will test to see if the seat heating bug has been fixed . . . (heats other seat, not one selected).

Has anyone experienced a feature where if you select map, you cannot return to any other screen? I have to close app and restart it. (MG4 Trophy here)
I have a ZS. The car has heated seats, but not available to pre-select on the app. No battery pre-heating either, though I doubt I’d use that personally.
No issues with switching back to other screens from the map though. How strange - I hope these bugs are soon sorted!

The new app is terrible, and has apparently lost the ability to turn on battery preheat via the app. Has anyone found out where it is now?
I think the battery preheat thing seemed to be a bit sort of obfuscated anyway- tied to the scheduling charging stuff it was never quite clear whether it was actually doing it or not and what difference it could make.

A function best left to the car to manage.

I have an old iPhone 8 running ios 16.7.2 (the latest IOS it supports) When I try to log into the app the Login button is "greyed" out. When trying the app on my wife's iPhone SE gen2 I noticed that there is a radio button below the Login pertaining to terms and conditions, when this is pressed the Login button "ungrays" itself allowing the Login to continue. On my iPhone 8 I cannot scroll down to get to the T's and C's button. Does anybody else have a tragically old Iphone 8 and is it known if the app supports IOS 17.7.2

A function best left to the car to manage.
Unless it's winter and you need to fast charge at the start of the trip and have to wait 30 minutes for the battery to heat up to get more than 15 KW.

Removing any function from an app like this cannot be excused. It decreases the value of the car as well.

Unless it's winter and you need to fast charge at the start of the trip and have to wait 30 minutes for the battery to heat up to get more than 15 KW.

Removing any function from an app like this cannot be excused. It decreases the value of the car as well.
Which would be good, if the original function did guarantee that it actually happened all the time you selected it...and I think there's significant doubt about that.

Which would be good, if the original function did guarantee that it actually happened all the time you selected it...and I think there's significant doubt about that.
Then they should fix the problem, not remove the function. And that without any information to the user.

I have an old iPhone 8 running ios 16.7.2 (the latest IOS it supports) When I try to log into the app the Login button is "greyed" out. When trying the app on my wife's iPhone SE gen2 I noticed that there is a radio button below the Login pertaining to terms and conditions, when this is pressed the Login button "ungrays" itself allowing the Login to continue. On my iPhone 8 I cannot scroll down to get to the T's and C's button. Does anybody else have a tragically old Iphone 8 and is it known if the app supports IOS 17.7.2
I have an even older iPhone 7, and I cannot get the app to work at all either.
Any suggestions or am I supposed to go out and buy a new phone just to get the app to work..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom