LKA Lane Keep Assist - is MG Listening?

Yes. I've done it several times when I forgot the preflight routine. Just the usual routine as you'd do when you get in the car, but be careful using the touchscreen when driving. It helps to hold the top of the screen with your fingers and touch with your thumb.

The manual actually tells you to turn it off immediately if its behaviour is problematic. Which is why it's insane that they don't provide a shortcut button.

I think it's disgraceful, that we all have to have this NCAP requirement for LKA to default to on thrust upon us. Nanny state gone mad.
Playing devils advocate. They look at statistics, many road deaths are caused by drivers loosing attention or falling asleep and ploughing into oncoming traffic (there was a recent tragic case in the press). Whilst peeing off capable drivers it should save the lives of many due to numpties. The systems have some way to go, but if the MG system was available to the recent case in the press, they would have lived.

So thats 3,337 deaths in the US alone due to not keeping in proper lane :oops:

Last edited:
Just completed an 80 mile round trip to Aberaeron, didn't interfere 20230928_152422.jpgonce.
Over the last 50 miles 6mpkwh.👍

Playing devils advocate. They look at statistics, many road deaths are caused by drivers loosing attention or falling asleep and ploughing into oncoming traffic (there was a recent tragic case in the press). Whilst peeing off capable drivers it should save the lives of many due to numpties. The systems have some way to go, but if the MG system was available to the recent case in the press, they would have lived.

So thats 3,337 deaths in the US alone due to not keeping in proper lane :oops:
Fair point Rob.

However, for me, I hate it!! I have a first delivery (Sep 22) Trophy. The LKA was permanently off.

Following a recent first service and two updates, I now have to do the auld “Pre Flight Routine” m’larky.

I agree with your points, however, when the car tried to force me in to an oncoming car on a country lane in Lincolnshire (I assume due to the flash flood like rain and much standing water on the carriageway edge / verge), it scared the hell out of me.

My job requires me to stop the car often, apply parking break, then exit the car to conduct a road site inspection (Ironically).

I have found out, that in my car, by applying the parking break, NOT switching the car off / powering down, the bloody Lane Kill assist comes back on. I then need to go through the rigmarole of going back through the menus every bloody time.

This is seriously upsetting my experience with the MG4 :(

Had the service a week ago (there about) so this is a recent thing for me.

Did I mention I hate MG’s interpretation of LKA?

The issue though is with the MG implementation. I have never had a problem with LKA on other cars I have owned or driven but the MG version has a randomness and aggressiveness unequalled by other systems!
I my wife’s Kia Nero has the LKA. I drive that with the LKA engaged all the time, with no issues with the KIA.

The MG version is pants

Agreed. And as @Rolfe is fond of reminding us ( ;) ) ... the manual says to turn off LKA immediately if it starts playing up (paraphrased) - without quick access (e.g. physical button - even assigning to a star button - or available from the swipe-down menu) then this action cannot be completed in accordance with MG's own guidelines.

Agreed. And as @Rolfe is fond of reminding us ( ;) ) ... the manual says to turn off LKA immediately if it starts playing up (paraphrased) - without quick access (e.g. physical button - even assigning to a star button - or available from the swipe-down menu) then this action cannot be completed in accordance with MG's own guidelines.
Yep Guru, I am at a loss as to why this can not be a function that could be assigned to the star button.

That said, I assign the 360 camera to my star button as without front sensors, I find it a useful and often used, parking aid when parking in car parks etc.

Just turn it off, problem solved 👍
Think you may have missed my point 🤣

Sorry I was just replying in general, not to you. I’ll check up what you posted, there are a lot lol

Again I really don’t see the problem. Just turn it off, it literally takes 3 seconds max. Maybe I am just more tolerant than most, with all due respect

Again I really don’t see the problem. Just turn it off, it literally takes 3 seconds max. Maybe I am just more tolerant than most, with all due respect
To be fair Nobby, I am stopping upwards of 30 times a day. That is thirty times I am having to scroll through the menus to turn off a system, that should be more readily available.

I find it a bloody nuisance, but fair do’s, maybe I am not as patient as you. All I know is it boils my Pish.

To be fair Nobby, I am stopping of upwards of 30 times a day. That is thirty times I am having to scroll through the menus to turn off a system, that should be more readily available.

I find it a bloody nuisance, but fair do’s, maybe I am not as patient as you. All I know is it boils my Pish.
Do you have OPD? If so and you use that often then you will have to go through the menu for that anyway. But I see your point. Kind of 😉😂

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back