Locked in my MG4 & unable to escape - Serious Safety Issue

Just posted on Facebook
🤔 Got to love a headline.
Recieved my recall letter today btw.
Well that’s it now the papers have gotten hold of it sales could well go downhill it has happen in the past with other makes and models once a problem hits the tabloids and the anti EV folk will love milking this.
Les

Well that’s it now the papers have gotten hold of it sales could well go downhill it has happen in the past with other makes and models once a problem hits the tabloids and the anti EV folk will love milking this.
Les
Hope the fella enjoys his £ from the papers 🤦🏻‍♂️

Les
Especially annoying since this fault isn't even EV related.

Especially annoying since this fault isn't even EV related.
Exactly any car with an electronic smart key system can be affected.

MG Motors UK could force a redaction as they specifically attributes it to EVs but depends on how much they're phased by it.

I'm unsure how that relates to the sun implying this is an EV specific issue
It relates to the specific point I quoted. They could go after newspapers forcing redactions or they could just address the issue.

It relates to the specific point I quoted. They could go after newspapers forcing redactions or they could just address the issue.
The issue I stated that they could force a redaction on is that this is an EV specific issue

The issue I stated that they could force a redaction on is that this is an EV specific issue
So? The actual issue is a customer was left locked in a car (regardless of its type). I'm sure they don't really care at that point whether it has a combustion engine or not.

So? The actual issue is a customer was left locked in a car (regardless of its type). I'm sure they don't really care at that point whether it has a combustion engine or not.
They'd care very much if it impacts all EV sales, and I never commented regarding the fact the customer was locked in.

It's yourself who has taken a comment out of context and applied a whole new one to it

It's yourself who has taken a comment out of context and applied a whole new one to it
I have not done any such thing and I am unsure why you have taken offence at what I said. You said that MG could force a redaction from the newspaper because it wasn't an EV specific issue. I simply commented that would seem to be a bad use of time when they could address the issues that led to one of their customers feeling it was necessary to go to a newspaper.

I think we both agree that the fact it is an EV is irrelevant and The Sun seems to have an agenda with the article but that is not the point I was making when replying to your comment. I'm sorry if it was misinterpreted.

Last edited:
TIt is The Sun ‘newspaper’ after all.
Newspaper did you say? More like printed toilet paper. I’m surprised they did not have a scantily clad young lady draped across the bonnet.
But seriously this should shake MG into more action.

I have not done any such thing and I am unsure why you have taken offence at what I said. You said that MG could force a redaction from the newspaper because it was an EV. I simply commented that that would seem to be a bad use of time when they could address the issues that led to one of their customers feeling it was necessary to go to a newspaper.

I think we both agree that the fact it is an EV is irrelevant and The Sun seems to have an agenda with the article but that is not the point I was making when replying to your comment. I'm sorry if it was misinterpreted.
I've taken no offence, and it does look like MG have started to address it they have a fix and have issued a non-dvsa mandated recall to rectify the issue.

I and no need to apologise, as its just a discussion taking place, where it appears there may have been cross purposes.

Just posted on Facebook
🤔 Got to love a headline.
Recieved my recall letter today btw.
One thing I don’t understand is the article was printed yesterday and yet the driver says he has got a refund and a different car? This must have happened weeks ago - long before any software was even made.

One thing I don’t understand is the article was printed yesterday and yet the driver says he has got a refund and a different car? This must have happened weeks ago - long before any software was even made.
Mine had the update done on the 15th of December for the locking system issue, so it's been out around a month

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back