Could do that as well. But not before they properly align and balance the wheels. The car pulls to the left and suffers from a vibration and rumble from 100kmh and upwards. More pressure clearly made it worse.

Could do that as well. But not before they properly align and balance the wheels. The car pulls to the left and suffers from a vibration and rumble from 100kmh and upwards. More pressure clearly made it worse.
Could be flat spots on the tyres caused be standing still during shipping. They should disappear after being driven for a bit but if not the tyres will need replacing.

Well, so much for "I've not had any trouble since I got all the tyres set to 2.5 BAR cold." Last night when the temperature was about -2C, the warning pinged again and both rear tyres were at 2.3 BAR. The app is still showing them as abnormal, although they're now at 2.4.

I propose to ignore this.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could do that. But the numbers are rounded of to a single decimal. 2.4 could actually be 2.395.
Anyway, once you drive some the pressure picks up. I hope it updates on the dash in your MG. It doesn't in mine as long as I do not restart.

Is anyone having issues with low tyre inflation & multiple tyre warning messages, and how to reset it or any other ideas,
My MG dealer has said 2 things that it needs to settle from new to work out it's on the road, and that it goes off sometimes in cold weather.
Not sure about what there saying, any ideas?
Mine did that so I added a bit more pressure I think it equates to 38 front 40 back and had none since I did that.

It's going to be very cold all week and I reckon it can just take its chances. If it's still playing up when the weather warms up (forecast for Saturday) I'll do something.

If you set the pressures at 0°C, and then you get a warning later (also at 0°C) then the tyres have lost some pressure. If you'd set them at 15°C and the warning has come on at 0°C, well that's probably just physics/thermodynamics. :)

Regularly checking and resetting tyre pressures is recommended, especially when ambient temperatures change.

Absolute Tyre Pressure should be proportional to the Absolute Temperature

As an example, if your Tyres have been inflated to 2.5 Bar at 20 degrees Celsius, that is 3.5 Bar Absolute at 293 degrees Kelvin, you would expect the Tyre Pressure to change by about 0.1Bar for every 8-degree change in Temperature

At 12 degrees they would have dropped to 2.4 Bar, at 4 degrees they would have dropped to 2.3 Bar, at -20 degrees you would expect 2 Bar

It is also obvious that the Rear Tyre Pressure Alarm is at a higher pressure setpoint than for the Front Tyre Pressure Alarm because everyone is seeing Alarms for the Rear Tyres and generally not for the Front ones. So, as at least one person has suggested, put a bit more pressure in the Rear Tyres than the Front Tyres

Also pump the tyres up to at least the recommended pressures first thing one morning before you start driving. The pressure may be higher when the weather starts to warm up, but you may also lose a bit of pressure over time anyway. I don’t think anyone has notice the standard tyres on an MG4 wear more in the Centre than on the Edges, so I wouldn’t be too fussed if the pressure is a little high, even if the ride is slightly harsher

I don’t think anyone has notice the standard tyres on an MG4 wear more in the Centre than on the Edges, so I wouldn’t be too fussed if the pressure is a little high, even if the ride is slightly harsher

I inflate my tyres to 2.6 bar and at the first service and all four of my tyres are worn evenly across their width.

It is also obvious that the Rear Tyre Pressure Alarm is at a higher pressure setpoint than for the Front Tyre Pressure Alarm because everyone is seeing Alarms for the Rear Tyres and generally not for the Front ones. So, as at least one person has suggested, put a bit more pressure in the Rear Tyres than the Front Tyres
This does not reflect my observations. When I had them on 2.5 , the pressure dropped to 2.44 on all fours on a cold morning. The left rear signalled first.
Now, I use 2.5 at the front and 2.6 at the back just in case I have more than one passenger.. Never had a signal again.

I've have mine at 2.6 all round when cold, this rises to between 2.7-2.8 bar dependant on external temps.

I don't get any warning now

Last edited:
I've have mine at 2.6 all round when cold, this rises to between 2.7-2.b bar dependant on external temps.

I don't get any warning now
That was my initial winter tire pressure setting as well.
But it is warmer now and I do have passengers more regularly. So I changed it.

Regularly checking and resetting tyre pressures is recommended, especially when ambient temperatures change.

I know this may seem a bit casual/vague/ massively irresponsible, but I've never regularly checked and/or reset my tyre pressures in 43 years of driving ( grabbing wood with both hands, oo-er) . Obviously if I get a problem I'll check it out. My first experience with TPMS led me to calling the dealer service to ask if temperature drops were likely to set off the warning alarm ( yes, add a lb or 2 ).
Reading this thread, checked mine on the app - all showing 2.8, presumably set by the garage pre-delivery. Handles fine having got over the initial minor vibration. No warnings.

Last edited:
Absolute Tyre Pressure should be proportional to the Absolute Temperature

As an example, if your Tyres have been inflated to 2.5 Bar at 20 degrees Celsius, that is 3.5 Bar Absolute at 293 degrees Kelvin, you would expect the Tyre Pressure to change by about 0.1Bar for every 8-degree change in Temperature

At 12 degrees they would have dropped to 2.4 Bar, at 4 degrees they would have dropped to 2.3 Bar, at -20 degrees you would expect 2 Bar

Also pump the tyres up to at least the recommended pressures first thing one morning before you start driving. The pressure may be higher when the weather starts to warm up, but you may also lose a bit of pressure over time anyway. I don’t think anyone has notice the standard tyres on an MG4 wear more in the Centre than on the Edges, so I wouldn’t be too fussed if the pressure is a little high, even if the ride is slightly harsher
It doesn't seem that way, mine are showing 2.6 bar on the TPMS today at 14 deg C and were showing the same 2.6 bar a couple of weeks ago at -2 deg C.

I know this may seem a bit casual/vague/ massively irresponsible, but I've never regularly checked and/or reset my tyre pressures in 43 years of driving ( grabbing wood with both hands, oo-er) . Obviously if I get a problem I'll check it out. My first experience with TPS led me to calling the dealer service to ask if temperature drops were likely to set off the warning alarm ( yes, add a lb or 2 ).
Reading this thread, checked mine on the app - all showing 2.8, presumably set by the garage pre-delivery. Handles fine having got over the initial minor vibration. No warnings.
Roughly the same driving years for me. I have regularly checked tyre pressures with a gauge (push on cylinder type thingy), sometimes a kick, at the very least a visual inspection, now using a Topeak digital gauge (meant for bicycles).
When I first got my MG4 I kept the tyre pressures at the recommended settings, so when the temperature dropped I had alarms and pumped them a bit. I recently set them to 2.8bar after reading a post on here and I'm now enjoying increased range as a result, although they now go from 2.8/9 when I get in, to 3bar after some miles. I'm not worried about that.
3.1bar after most recent round trip of 20miles.

Last edited:
I also got low pressure alarms from the rears during last winter. Pressures always acceptable to me so I learnt to ignore the warnings, like various others. LKA are you listening? People forget these are computers with wheels so will never be perfect.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back