I think my rear left tyre pressure sensor is miscalibrated somehow. It always shows slightly lower than the 3 other tyres, even after I've inflated them all to the same pressure using the same pump. Anyone else have similar?

This is after driving for a few miles, so it's not that the sensor hasn't updated.
I set and checked all mine to 2.7 bar with the gauge on my pump and on the TPMS screen the front right one reads 2.8 bar first thing then it settles down after it warms up a bit and the rear ones read 2.6 bar. Checked again and the pressures are all the same with my gauge 2.7 bar.

I think my rear left tyre pressure sensor is miscalibrated somehow. It always shows slightly lower than the 3 other tyres, even after I've inflated them all to the same pressure using the same pump. Anyone else have similar?

This is after driving for a few miles, so it's not that the sensor hasn't updated.
This isn’t first car I’ve had with active tpms that has a readout also. They can vary a bit, measuring pressure accurately is actually quite a challenge in a laboratory so as with everything they go with the best value solution vs. need for accuracy.

My right rear on the 4 tends to show a slightly lower pressure. I often bang on about a certain brand (very good product imho) of tpms sensor which has always seemed to alert before the oe versions on my Chrysler at the time and Kia. Over inflate a tiny bit.

Last edited:
Yes,
I have the same problem, same tyre, same issue. If I over inflate that tyre (very slightly - say 1 or 2 pounds) then after a run, it eventually comes into line with the others. Seems a bit silly, but it appears to work.

Last night on my way home I suddenly got a low pressure tyre warning. When I called up the tyre pressure screen all the tyres were at 2.4 or 2.5 BAR, including the one that is supposedly low.

When I scanned the car with the app this morning, same thing. Low pressure warning but all tyres are showing normal pressure.

Do I believe the pressure readings and assume this is a false alarm? How do I clear the warning?

Bowfer mentioned having a similar problem last year but as I haven't seen a thread on this in five months I thought I'd start again.
Hi all I had same thing happen re low pressure, i did nothing as the tyres looked ok and the alarm disappeared from the dashboard but remained on the app
I cleared that and it has never returned ,my car has only 1k on it so pretty new.

It was a bit low before my service (2.3) but even after service (now at 2.5) the warning came back. Also, shouldn't 2.5 be normal?

Attachments

• IMG_6464.jpeg
    IMG_6464.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 42
If you pump them up to 2.6 when it's cold (close to zero) you 'll have no more alarms. By the time the weather gets warmer they will have lost a bit but still be over 2.5.
It's -12 outside now.. It might have been inside the garage when the dealer filled my tires.

Is anyone having issues with low tyre inflation & multiple tyre warning messages, and how to reset it or any other ideas,
My MG dealer has said 2 things that it needs to settle from new to work out it's on the road, and that it goes off sometimes in cold weather.
Not sure about what there saying, any ideas?

They're right ... recheck your tyre pressures (manually - using a gauge) and ensure that they're at 37 psi. Then drive for 0.5 mile or so and the TPMS should reset and any alerts should disappear.

It is a well-known fact that tyre pressures reduce in cold weather ... if you set the pressure at, say, 10°C ambient and the temperature drops to 0°C ambient then the pressure inside the tyre will reduce. Therefore tyre pressures should be checked regularly, especially when ambient temperature changes significantly (down or up).

Ye cannae beat the laws of physics, Cap'n ;)

It might be obvious but have you tried adding a few more psi so they are above the threshold for the messages?
Thanks I will definitely try that in the morning.

They're right ... recheck your tyre pressures (manually - using a gauge) and ensure that they're at 37 psi. Then drive for 0.5 mile or so and the TPMS should reset and any alerts should disappear.

It is a well-known fact that tyre pressures reduce in cold weather ... if you set the pressure at, say, 10°C ambient and the temperature drops to 0°C ambient then the pressure inside the tyre will reduce. Therefore tyre pressures should be checked regularly, especially when ambient temperature changes significantly (down or up).

Ye cannae beat the laws of physics, Cap'n ;)
That's great will definitely take your advice in morning and try that.
Many thanks

I've merged in a couple of new threads on the same topic, to try to keep all the information and advice in the same place.

Roberto, have a bit of a read of this. Since I made my garage put all four tyres to 2.5 BAR cold I have had no further trouble.

Which is 1 to 2 psi. So if your pressure were set when it was 15C and the temperature drops to -5C then you could have lost 4 psi (almost 0.3 bar) - easily enough to set off the monitoring alarm.

The sensors are freaking sensitive as well. Even if I start with more pressure than 2.5 bar in both rear tyres, either of two can set of the alert. And it does not disappear even if the pressure goes up to 2.6 during an 85 km trip.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back