MG Cyberster options in China

The prototype touring UK had a boot stuck when it was in the newbury show room. They should make a fob option for it so it can be popped open without relying on plastic buttons being pressed 3 times

I expect there's a bunch of stuff that will be re-engineered for UK/Europe, which will include areas where there are issues.

Not being the launch market should be a real advantage in terms of refinement and debugging, if they do their homework properly.

Yep seems like 6 months to make changes, they could take the Nissan way and put it out as is. It's for their benefit they add these features as the competition ICE cars already have most of these things. I have a feeling it will come with head up display etc. UK market has usually bought over mid and top specs for foreign cars. Usually we'll optioned.

I know cars like the F Type were 80 to 90k when they arrived in 2013. That market has shrunk significantly and is now a harder sell.

Looks like people are ordering the yoke steering wheel from somewhere

I would be tempted - I don't understand why they didn't make the top part removeable.

Lol that sounds like a dangerous knight rider concept . Not something I've ever seen. Im not even sure about the idea of removable steering wheel seen on Japanese modified cars.

The full wheel seems to focus on the center screen. Tall people have a better view when they move the seat back.

A redesign could maybe push the left and right screens apart but the look would be ruined.

On the right hand drive the current left screen will be on our right. I think that driver options. With the left screen audio settings. Center console seems to deal with AC and other comfort settings. Audio settings would be good to access from there since that screen is obscured slightly.

A single curve screen would have been expensive to make I think

A removable top piece would give you the benefit of a yoke (except during tight turns) whilst still providing a 3/4 wheel for general turning, which without a speed-variable steering solution will be an issue.

I think it would be a good 2-in-1 compromise.

Any reason why there's no "Heat Pump". Is it because they assume it will be mostly a weekend toy? I've seen some benefits to a Heat Pump especially in the winter for range. Adding a heat pump has benefits but I assume will raise the price by a £1000 or more

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom