MG iSMART

Now have iSMART working on iPhone, and as far as the QR code, but can’t get past the activation screen in the car as there is no “next” indicator!! No idea why the app started working today.
Yes, just discovered mine is not working either and the car has stopped pairing.

Mine fell offline today for about 12 hours.

Im pretty sure it uses the 4G built into the car. And i cant find anywhere online who the network provider is.

I suspect whoever it is doesnt have a particular strong signal around here as my 2G smartmeter has dropped offline for about 6 weeks also

Mine fell offline today for about 12 hours.

Im pretty sure it uses the 4G built into the car. And i cant find anywhere online who the network provider is.

I suspect whoever it is doesnt have a particular strong signal around here as my 2G smartmeter has dropped offline for about 6 weeks also
There is speculation that it is Vodafone.

Mines been in today for some software updates an airbag fault and the iSMART playing up.
Mine has been dropping off for days and days despite regular use, unlocking and locking the car as others have reported helps doesn’t cure the fault.
When I popped back up to pick the car up I explained that this morning when I tried to remotely defrost the car it was dead to the world on iSMART app but by the time I got it to the dealer it was working, I could then see that they moved it and took it round the block for a test drive but from then on again it’s dead and no amount of refreshing etc brings it back online.
They were none the wiser and are having to submit a request to MG so fingers crossed they come back with something.

Mines been in today for some software updates an airbag fault and the iSMART playing up.
Mine has been dropping off for days and days despite regular use, unlocking and locking the car as others have reported helps doesn’t cure the fault.
When I popped back up to pick the car up I explained that this morning when I tried to remotely defrost the car it was dead to the world on iSMART app but by the time I got it to the dealer it was working, I could then see that they moved it and took it round the block for a test drive but from then on again it’s dead and no amount of refreshing etc brings it back online.
They were none the wiser and are having to submit a request to MG so fingers crossed they come back with something.
I’ve been in and out the car for two days now trying to sort it with no luck. Finally rang the dealer who was going to speak with a technician and ring back - they never did! It’s a busy week for me now so please let me know how you get on.

I’ve been in and out the car for two days now trying to sort it with no luck. Finally rang the dealer who was going to speak with a technician and ring back - they never did! It’s a busy week for me now so please let me know how you get on.
They did call today but I didn’t catch the call as I was knee deep in soil renovating the garden 🤣 will give them a shout tomorrow

Just spoken to the dealer. MG asked for information on the head unit software version number so that’s sent across now and await their feedback. I note it’s on R13, no idea what the latest for an SE would be?!

Just spoken to the dealer. MG asked for information on the head unit software version number so that’s sent across now and await their feedback. I note it’s on R13, no idea what the latest for an SE would be?!
16 has certainly been seen on the forum - the issue with that one seems to be no outside temperature being displayed…

Likely to be pure coincidence but since emailing my dealer the software info it’s been behaving itself…. Won’t get my hopes up yet 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

I have been in touch with my dealer/salesman today, as I was getting no joy from after sales and he knew right away that there is a software glitch that affects the Trophy and that mg are aware. Didn’t know when it would be fixed. Promised to let me know (I will believe that when it happens). Otherwise I love the car and the ride. I will give it a couple of weeks and then escalate my complaint.

I have been in touch with my dealer/salesman today, as I was getting no joy from after sales and he knew right away that there is a software glitch that affects the Trophy and that mg are aware. Didn’t know when it would be fixed. Promised to let me know (I will believe that when it happens). Otherwise I love the car and the ride. I will give it a couple of weeks and then escalate my complaint.
Mines an SE but sounds like somethings up somewhere so hopefully they’re on top of it.

Got my Trophy yesterday and set up iSmART app OK yesterday and worked fine. This morning not working after many attempts. Fails to connect to car from iPhone. As suggested I unlocked the car and locked it again and it now works !!!! That is crazy. Hope it keeps working now, not much use as a remote if you have to go to the car each time to get it to work

I think every now and then the car goes into a deep sleep so the app doesn’t see it. Sounds to me like the app / in car software need an update to stop that happening.

Get a similar problem on my e-208, it doesn't always wake up or allow data updates either when its configured to use a local wifi (signal is strong enough but not recommended as its very flakey) or on a mobile network.
Nearly 3 years since the launch of the car and the app is still mostly rubbish - it didn't work at all for the 1st 9 months or so despite being on a vanilla Google Pixel, ie base Android, car had been launched 18 months before we bought ours.
They still haven't resolved the miles to km bug in the service schedule forecast either - so MG are already ahead if it works some of the time!

Get a similar problem on my e-208, it doesn't always wake up or allow data updates either when its configured to use a local wifi (signal is strong enough but not recommended as its very flakey) or on a mobile network.
Nearly 3 years since the launch of the car and the app is still mostly rubbish - it didn't work at all for the 1st 9 months or so despite being on a vanilla Google Pixel, ie base Android, car had been launched 18 months before we bought ours.
They still haven't resolved the miles to km bug in the service schedule forecast either - so MG are already ahead if it works some of the time!
I remember it well from my Corsa E. Dreadful.

My phone packed in about a month ago and I've been trying to get the app to work on my new one ever since.
FINALLY this eve with the exact same login details the app refused to recognise for a month I was back in business, uninstall / reinstall of the app seemed to jog its memory :rolleyes:

You can only bind to the car once, so how can the next owner use it ??

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back