MG UK no longer accepting MG5 orders from 27th April

and just yesterday Mat Watson releases a Carwow video on the current LR.

Miles...... Just had a closer look at the revised deal that you put a link to. "LED headlamps"?

Hmmm I wonder why MG are still proactively advertising and inviting interest on an “off-sale” model?

Attachments

• 2C73086E-B5E2-4885-9836-741EE1E1CF83.jpeg
    2C73086E-B5E2-4885-9836-741EE1E1CF83.jpeg
    523.7 KB · Views: 118
Still some 5s in stock on Autotrader I believe.

I went to the Fully Charged show on Sunday & test drove an MG5 LR❤️
Very nice drive, with squeals of delight from my 2 passengers when I put my foot down☺️
One of the staff asked if I had enjoyed it, but when I told her that that model was discontinued & no longer available she was amazed. She actually hadn’t been told!
Then a Chinese lady in an MG jacket appeared & I asked about the facelift; she assured me that they would be arriving in the UK in November. Only six months to wait, guys!

It's the same for all manufacturers at the moment.
Hi Miles - I did enjoyed the Pod Cast last night (y) !.
The lead time on a VW e.Up is at 46 months at the moment !.
Who the hell orders a car two years before they need it ? 🤷‍♂️.
The whole situation is like a "Perfect Storm" at the moment.

I went to the Fully Charged show on Sunday & test drove an MG5 LR❤️
Very nice drive, with squeals of delight from my 2 passengers when I put my foot down☺️
One of the staff asked if I had enjoyed it, but when I told her that that model was discontinued & no longer available she was amazed. She actually hadn’t been told!
Then a Chinese lady in an MG jacket appeared & I asked about the facelift; she assured me that they would be arriving in the UK in November. Only six months to wait, guys!
First time the grandson went in SWMBO's 5 he called her gangster granny every time she accelerated away from the lights. :D

46 months is nuts, but I guess at least honest. My understanding is VW sourced their wiring looms from Ukraine and have had to get an alternative production line setup given the ongoing situation.

Used to be a six year wait for a new Morgan, you ordered a replacement before driving off.
Now you can virtually buy a Morgan off the shelf but wait 4 years for a mass produced city hatchback.
Strange times.
😁

Used to be a six year wait for a new Morgan, you ordered a replacement before driving off.
Now you can virtually buy a Morgan off the shelf but wait 4 years for a mass produced city hatchback.
Strange times.
😁
A friend of mine ordered an Ariel Nomad in January 2021, with an expected delivery date of May 2023.
He also ordered a BMW i4 in Nov 21, expected in July 22, but that's now not due until early next year.

I'd have changed my mind as to what car I want by then!

Plus, there's the awkward thing that he's spent the money for the Nomad on a house extension in the meantime, so he's going to have to come up with something creative next spring to pay for it :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom