• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Batman

Standard Member
Reaction score
My 3 week old MG ZS EV has been fine until the weekend. For the first time the remaining charge dropped to 10% and we got the charge warning as you would expect. Previously I have plugged into the charger no problem, next morning fully charged. But now it starts charging and drops out again after 1 or 2 seconds.
Is this a common problem with the ZS EV. It went the dealer today for a software update but I am charging it tonight and have the exact same issue.
Any suggestions?

Back to the original charging problem.

We had (and still have) a similar charging issue. After collecting the car the grannie charger worked fine. We then had a Podpoint 7Kw charger installed, but did not test it at the time. When we came to use the Podpoint it charged for a couple of minutes then cut out (as per original post). I switched to the grannie charger with the same result - panic time.

To cut to the cause, I had just upgraded our broadband from 70Mb to 500Mb with Virgin Media. The powerline adaptors (for the LAN in our house) I had installed months ago were now running at a higher frequency. These now clashed with the grannie cable control box and with the Podpoint electronics talking to the MG, causing charging to stop after a short while. When I remove the powerline adaptors charging is fine.

The car was checked by the garage, who then spoke to MG, who said "remove the powerline adaptors". I'm now thinking of how to escalate this with MG.

Upvote 1
I would change the frequency of the powerline adapters back to the original frequency if they weren't interfering before.
I don't understand, what is it you're wanting to escalate with MG ? :unsure:

Upvote 0
Hi, New member just going through old threads and found this very interesting.
Anyone know if it would be OK to trickle charge 12v battery “in situ” or should I disconnect it prior to charging?
Thanks, Iain

Upvote 0
When I brought my MG and check with the AA. They said I was covered for thee years. However I never asked if a service was required. As a owner of a Hyundai car that comes with a three year AA recovery service. But only when the car is serviced per year.

Upvote 0
You can charge the 12v in situ, but I would advise not to turn on the car whilst doing so, it might confuse the car's charging system.

Upvote 0
Thanks Kithmo. I expect to be only using car for short journeys over the winter.
Probably with heavy use of heaters etc. so will regularly trickle charge the 12v battery. Cheers, Iain

Upvote 0
When using TESCO Pod Point charger and walk away from Tesco about half a mile away it stop charging.
Question is there a range limit set to the mobile phone or to the charging post?

Upvote 0
When using TESCO Pod Point charger and walk away from Tesco about half a mile away it stop charging.
Question is there a range limit set to the mobile phone or to the charging post?
No there is no time or distance on the Pod Point once the charge has been processed and claimed until you disconnect.

Upvote 0
Did you confirm the charge on the app ?
If not it will stop after 15 minutes.

Upvote 0
Yes I did and was confirmed to
My info is that if I take out the service plan (which I have-interest free monthly payment) the AA membership is renewed next year FOC
Yes

Upvote 0
I think you're covered without a service plan, as long as you have it serviced at an MG dealer, each service extends the AA cover for another 12 months.
That’s correct on all MG have them dealer serviced and get free AA and a Morris bear on my last service (ice) not on my Ev which is too new. Some dealers take the AA cards out, so ask for the AA card when you take delivery!

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom