MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

Is this an official MG dealer?... Which dealership is this?

You weren't entitled to the PicG unfortunately so unless the dealer calculated your price wrongly to incorporate that... But then I would have expected them to realise that much sooner and also it should have been clear on your order.

Do you have a copy of your order... What price/deal were you given?
The order was placed with the Shrewsbury MG dealership following a test drive in early December. I paid a deposit, received two contract hire quotes for the SE and Trophy models and sent my purchase order for the SE. The dealer has confirmed my vehicle is on order with a May/June delivery slot but now want an extra £1k + VAT over the contact period to fulfil the order.
I fear MG stopped processing contract hire orders after the government changed the BEV grant. That's why I posted to see if anyone else is experiencing similar order issues.

I placed my order the day after the Government scheme changed😢, but not heard anything about price increases since then...
This was with Perry's MG in Aylesbury.

I placed my order the day after the Government scheme changed😢, but not heard anything about price increases since then...
This was with Perry's MG in Aylesbury.
Perry's Aylesbury are not the best at communication I am Hoping this has changed with MG

I placed my order December 14th. Next day announcement came about Government subsidy, so I immediately contacted dealer to confirm. All good apparently, but still no update on delivery times.

Placed my order Dec 5th agreed price also completed pcp paperwork so to get deposit contribution all done, phoned dealer 4 weeks later for update he said had I heard about gov changes I said yes he said he would be in touch later, phoned me two weeks ago asking me to sigh a form to confirm the car was ordered on the 5th Dec and return asap I did heard nothing since, I have order form from Dec 5th with breakdown of price etc.

Just received an email from Perry's Aylesbury confirming what others have said, that my March delivery of my ZS EV LR has slipped to April/May😢😢😢

Update... I have received an email from the dealer sales manger tonight advising they failed to process my order in time and I need to agree to the increased quotation for the order to be processed. So my MG ownership experience has failed before it even started. Well done Budgen Motors......

( Sorry to vent on here about a poor dealer experience, hopefully someone reading the above may be able to assist. )

Update... I have received an email from the dealer sales manger tonight advising they failed to process my order in time and I need to agree to the increased quotation for the order to be processed. So my MG ownership experience has failed before it even started. Well done Budgen Motors......

( Sorry to vent on here about a poor dealer experience, hopefully someone reading the above may be able to assist. )
If that happened to me i would not be using that dealer again if i purchased an MG at all.

B86659FA-6E5F-46A8-8E7B-6FF37011119C.png

I don’t understand how MG let this happen however, where there are clearly a huge amount of people awaiting for their orders…?

View attachment 6485
I don’t understand how MG let this happen however, where there are clearly a huge amount of people awaiting for their orders…?
To be fair the garage themselves could have purchased them to get some in and knowing they would sell them quick, a financial risk they would have to take but a small one at that (especially if they read this forum)...

You should definitely write up your experience here so people know what to expect, and keep the dealers honest;

I would look at the paperwork you have and see if there is anything to cover you. Chances are though that the small print will allow for them to back out of the deal.

Your only other option may be too see if they would agree to split the cost.

View attachment 6485
If you look in the bottom right corner of their advert picture (snipped off on this screenshot), it says they are Standard Range (51kWh) ZS EV, not the Long Range.

Chorley Group have also been allocated 2x SR SE and 2x SR Trophy ZS EV this week. Unfortunately, no sign of the LR orders yet!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom