MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Just bizarre.

So on a car you can't even order yet (MG website just has an expressions of interest function) they can supply a ship load in just over a month.

Whereas a car you could order almost a year ago still people waiting on orders from December.

"Pre order is the only way to stand a chance" - what a joke.
Not to mention pre-ordering a car that you have no idea of the price yet, let alone seen.

Just bizarre.

So on a car you can't even order yet (MG website just has an expressions of interest function) they can supply a ship load in just over a month.

Whereas a car you could order almost a year ago still people waiting on orders from December.

As Miles pointed out, different production lines, different components.

This is the launch stock which I imagine will come through early and then there will be a sizeable wait for the next batch.

The ZS EVs will be coming through in more consistent numbers now, albeit clearly not as fast as everyone would like.

There's bad lease deals out there for sure.

£5000 over 2 years is very different to £53k over 3.

Ultimately, you are paying for the depreciation anyway, regardless of whether you lease or buy.

Just pick the best deal that suits you.

For me there was no cheaper option than lease over salary sacrifice with full maint.
Well said, lease doesn't suit everyone, and nor does buying be it cash outright or pcp.

This is the launch stock which I imagine will come through early and then there will be a sizeable wait for the next batch.

The ZS EVs will be coming through in more consistent numbers now, albeit clearly not as fast as everyone would like.
Still be full of microchips though, which we are led to believe are in short supply & one of the reasons given by MG themselves as to why we are still waiting for our cars.

Out of interest does anyone know what tyres are fitted to the ZS se lr (I know it's a anorak question, but I'm trying to get away from the lease v buy argument). Are they tyres specifically made for the ev's extra weight?, and how is that rating shown on the tyre? 🤔

Fine, there were always going to be reasons, but that's still not a good look for MG.

This initial batch, then nothing, followed by a trickle through just looks like amateurish and frustrates customers.

Out of interest does anyone know what tyres are fitted to the ZS se lr (I know it's a anorak question, but I'm trying to get away from the lease v buy argument). Are they tyres specifically made for the ev's extra weight?, and how is that rating shown on the tyre? 🤔
Why? Is there a shipping update on EV tyres v Non EV Tyres? :)

Fine, there were always going to be reasons, but that's still not a good look for MG.

This initial batch, then nothing, followed by a trickle through just looks like amateurish and frustrates customers.

They could just launch it and say delivery in 12-18 months like other manufacturers?

The fact they’ve got some cars is surely a bonus?

Trust me, it’s frustrating as a dealer to have sporadic stock, nothing for ages and then waves, but it’s better than the alternative of nothing for ages… and ages…. And ages.

Just bizarre.

As someone waiting on a ZS, to say it sucks that backorders aren't MG's priority is putting it mildly.

But for anyone who is either fed up waiting or didn't have their heart set on the ZS, it's good news and perhaps worth putting down a refundable deposit. If everything comes together as suggested, you drive away a shiny new car within a couple of months.

As someone waiting on a ZS, to say it sucks that backorders aren't MG's priority is putting it mildly.

But for anyone who is either fed up waiting or didn't have their heart set on the ZS, it's worth putting down a refundable deposit. If everything comes together as suggested, you drive away a shiny new car within a couple of months.
This!

When I go to pick up the ZS This weekend for my little loan spell, I am going to Speak with the dealer with exactly that in mind. this will obviously be subject to actually seeing one and knowing the cost, before I completely commit.

Will let you know how that pans out.

This!

When I go to pick up the ZS This weekend for my little loan spell, I am going to Speak with the dealer with exactly that in mind. this will obviously be subject to actually seeing one and knowing the cost, before I completely commit.

Will let you know how that pans out.
It'd be good to know how it goes for you. I believe it's the demos that were shipped on the Titus, so your dealer may already be expecting a couple in come Aug/Sept.

As Miles pointed out, different production lines, some different components.

FTFY

The suspicion is that these cars have been prioritised over existing production, although clearly we'll never know.

Let's hope so. Nobody wants to see incomplete cars sitting around waiting for months for a few components to finish them off, or the recent bodges such as the "temporary" DAB aerial on some MG5 and the deletion of features such as the panoramic roof on the ZS.

Still be full of microchips though, which we are led to believe are in short supply & one of the reasons given by MG themselves as to why we are still waiting for our cars.

Exactly. And mainly in bought in modules from sub-contractors that prevent alternative sources being found simply.

Attachments

• 20220725_143350.jpg
    20220725_143350.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 116
Although frustrating, it is worth noting that MG is a brand expanding into different areas of the car industry. Their problems with delivery are very much to do with having an extremely good product that is proving very popular, whilst trying to grow the product range, dealer network and production capacity. I ordered in March and whilst having to control my impatience, am happy that the cars being delivered seem to be generally of very good quality and updated for any earlier problems.

Although frustrating, it is worth noting that MG is a brand expanding into different areas of the car industry. Their problems with delivery are very much to do with having an extremely good product that is proving very popular, whilst trying to grow the product range, dealer network and production capacity. I ordered in March and whilst having to control my impatience, am happy that the cars being delivered seem to be generally of very good quality and updated for any earlier problems.
Apart from those steering column failures though, yeah? ;)

Apart from those steering column failures though, yeah? ;)
7 year warranty is a concern when people get a serious fault and get told not a dealer issue, need to talk to MG UK as they would need to supply courtesy car. Talk to MG UK and are told to talk to dealer.

Dealing with MG UK is not the best, customer service is challenging.

They have certainly not excelled themselves for the ability to deliver cars to the UK people, some of which have been waiting up to 10 months.

Maybe we could be a lucky one and become a test dummy for one of the new prototype MG4’s. Wonder if the steering comes loose on these new models? All you have to do is give MG £30k and you get to drive around in a car that may not have Been fully tested.

To introduce a model without the ability to deliver for months after the launch just does not make sense. You would have thought that they would have stock cars available at launch.

We previously mentioned that transport shipping capacity is struggling. No room for ZS, but can find room for MG4.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom