MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

No more excuses required for me - the last straw for me was that they have released the ZS is to be replaced and to be delivered by the end of 2024.
The backlog of cars on the order book in my opinion is not achievable before the next generation will require the production line to be changed for the new model.
It is not just the UK but worldwide where the delivery times are being pushed away with nothing from SAIC on how they are going to supply over 2500 units per month, and that’s just to the UK if no more ZS EV orders are placed. Just imagine how many ZS EV’s need to be made per month to satisfy the demand from the world. I have been monitoring Ships over the last month to give some indication of supply. Australia have had more ships deliver than the UK. South America have had more ships. UAE / Dubai / Saudi Arabia have had 4 ships in the last 3 weeks.

It has to be only a matter of time before MG advise that they are cancelling orders because they have no ability to meet the demand before the new model needs to be put into production.

My dealer has been great, no made up stories and pathetic made up excuses, just the straight we have no information and until we are told the car is at sea we cannot predict when the car will arrive.

The economics of running an EV have recently changed. With grants being removed and electricity costs spiralling, the costs of running an EV without having a wind farm and/or a Solar system ( that will take years to payback ) is beyond the cost of running an ICE car.

So do I sit and wait while the chosen dealers get the stock cars they demand and all I get is TBA. Then watch the stock cars being handed out to new customers who were not even on the extensive current order book?

Have so far waited 8 months for a car that was originally promised in 4 months. I know that the car is currently showing TBA so add a minimum of 3 months to when I could at the earliest possibly see a car. However, a local dealer that I spoke to advised that they are only just getting information that cars are at sea for three orders that were placed on 1st November last year so I can easily add another 2 months till they get to possibly supplying January orders.

Had a long discussion with my wife tonight about what we should do.

Decision made - I will speak to the dealer in the morning - One Long Range Trophy in Blue ordered 6th Jan will be cancelled.
I've cancelled,so sick of it all.

I've cancelled,so sick of it all.

Just emailed Westridge confirming cancellation. Good luck to everyone holding in there - hope your cars arrive soon.

My only hope is that my car order will go to someone that has been waiting a long time rather than one of the greedy dealers getting it for stock and giving it to someone who walks through the showroom door.

Just emailed Westridge confirming cancellation. Good luck to everyone holding in there - hope your cars arrive soon.

My only hope is that my car order will go to someone that has been waiting a long time rather than one of the greedy dealers getting it for stock and giving it to someone who walks through the showroom door.

Completely understandable. A messy situation for many, but especially so in your case with the franchise being taken away, and a car that when it finally arrives could be delivered anywhere.

Will certainly be sad to lose your knowledge and insight into this shipping madness!

All the best with finding a new car!

It’s not that waiting until January is a tragedy, I’m just wondering what’s to really prevent another three months delay being announced in January?

PS , I have not yet had it confirmed that delivery is now put back until next year

Yee Gods!!!! Reading the posts makes you wish for the 'old days' when cars were made locally ie UK and mainland Europe. The result is as the posts show. We are still chasing cheaper products at the expense of our industries and mental health. I'm just as guilty but I'm sticking with my Hyundai rather than put my toe into these murky waters and forget about the MG4 I was heading for so I can watch this farce from the sidelines now. Good luck everyone.

Can they do that? Surely if you placed your order at a set interest rate then they have to honour it? Not your fault it has taken longer than estimated at the time of the order.
I would check the finance agreement smallprint. It may be they can change the interest rate to reflect bank of england base rate changes. it may also be they can change the rate before the funds are released.

Have you decided what you are having instead?

I would check the finance agreement smallprint. It may be they can change the interest rate to reflect bank of england base rate changes. it may also be they can change the rate before the funds are released.
Orders from 2021 Q4 and 2022Q1 have had interest rate changed to 5.9% From last Friday
car value residual increased so payment only a little more.

Orders from 2021 Q4 and 2022Q1 have had interest rate changed to 5.9% From last Friday
car value residual increased so payment only a little more.

I wonder whether Vanarama have followed suit by taking into account the increased residuals?

Just been on a 8km walk around where I live (Leeds, West Yorkshire) and I’ve seen 3 22 plate ZS EV’s (at least Trophy spec as they had the roof rails on). 1 blue, 1 red and one black. Having seen literally 2 others in the wild over the last few months it’s encouraging to see so many in such a short space of time.
Hopefully this is a positive sign (I haven’t ordered one btw but do track this thread).

I've been following this thread for a while - now signed up.

We ordered a MG ZS EV Trophy Connect in red on 23/12/21. After the deadline was pushed back, as we would now expect, several times, we were given a delivery date of 12 September to the dealer with collection shortly thereafter.

Great news, of course. We went in today at their request to sort out the part-exchange details, and the car was sitting there having arrived yesterday! Collection will now be on 3 September.

Everything has been honoured except for the trade in value - we obviously used the car and it is 8 months older than before and trade in values have softened from their high of earlier in the year.

Interestingly the shipping sheet was still in the window of the car - it came on Global Highway that docked in Portbury on 19 August.

We ordered a MG ZS EV Trophy Connect in red on 23/12/21. After the deadline was pushed back, as we would now expect, several times, we were given a delivery date of 12 September to the dealer with collection shortly thereafter.

Great news, of course. We went in today at their request to sort out the part-exchange details, and the car was sitting there having arrived yesterday! Collection will now be on 3 September.

Everything has been honoured except for the trade in value - we obviously used the car and it is 8 months older than before and trade in values have softened from their high of earlier in the year.

Interestingly the shipping sheet was still in the window of the car - it came on Global Highway that docked in Portbury on 19 August.
I was told my PX price was fixed and got this confirmed in writing. Were you told anything like this when you signed your agreement? Was it a big difference?

If The Eurasian Highway is due to dock on the 10th, then that means that the second batch of MG4's is only a couple of weeks behind the first, so possibly could be delivered to customers around the 7th of October perhaps......??

Good luck in your endless quest for a decent ranged, decent priced ev.

If you check one of my previous posts you will see that my dealer (BSM) actually revalued my SEAT slightly better than the original quote.

Just been on a 8km walk around where I live (Leeds, West Yorkshire) and I’ve seen 3 22 plate ZS EV’s (at least Trophy spec as they had the roof rails on). 1 blue, 1 red and one black. Having seen literally 2 others in the wild over the last few months it’s encouraging to see so many in such a short space of time.
Hopefully this is a positive sign (I haven’t ordered one btw but do track this thread).
Driving into work this afternoon on the M60 / M62 I saw a Silver ZS EV Mk2, a light blue MG HS and a white MG5! Common as muck these MG's now!! :D

Have you decided what you are having instead?

Not yet - just had to act quickly today to cancel MG ZS order. Tonight all the orders that my dealer has pass back to MG UK. Tomorrow I would have been dealing with MG UK who do not answer the phone and take a few days to answer emails. It could have been a few weeks for a new supplier to contact me? I thought it really bad that I had no say in what dealer/location was to take over my order.

It is not the car that I had any problem with, just the way that MG treated myself and my dealer.
In six months time I could have still be on TBA with no car and no news - how long is reasonable to be delayed - especially when people who ordered after me were taking delivery. I wrote to MG UK on several occasions with my unique issues and just kept getting the cut and paste responses which were not answering my questions. Shocking customer care.

If you can get the car they are really good value for money, lots of people on the forum who have taken delivery are really happy.

It has been an experience and I have learned a lot about car transportation over the last few months. Good luck to everyone.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom