MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Had a call from dealer, car was due mid march, that's not going to happen now. Will know in a few weeks even if its in April. Looking at May at earliest, although he couldn't even guarantee it would be here by July when I said I'd like it for holidays.

Reserved on 1st Nov order placed 26th Nov.

He said problem, as we know, is semi conductor issues and the fact that EV uses 5x more than those needed for ICE ZS.

He expects some SR to trickle through but no news on any significant numbers of LR coming any time soon.
This was my experience today

Good luck I’m hoping by next week to collect first week in March not holding my breath not had any updates apart from me chasing them
That would sound about right Karen if your in England as mine has to be transported by road to NI from the same docks probably so looking at an extra week to two weeks. I'm told your particular cars build spec and colour depends when it rolls off the assembly line in China. A lot of salesmen stretching the truth a mile ATM even by their standards. Apparently MG is pushing shipping hard to get as many as they can registered before the end of the tax year if theres any truth in that.

Last edited:
Has to be installed by 31st March to claim the £350 back. Ordered mine in December, got an install date 10th March, 10 days after my car arrives.

That would sound about right Karen if your in England as mine has to be transported by road to NI from the same docks probably so looking at an extra week to two weeks. I'm told your particular cars build spec and colour depends when it rolls off the assembly line in China. A lot of salesmen stretching the truth a mile ATM even by their standards. Apparently MG is pushing shipping hard to get as many as they can registered before the end of the tax year if theres any truth in that.
Yes I’m in the uk they said that once it arrives at the branch they will look over the car then call me 🤞hope you get your car soon too

Has to be installed by 31st March to claim the £350 back. Ordered mine in December, got an install date 10th March, 10 days after my car arrives.
Looking around at Grant install prices and charger prices on the web tonight I might not panic too much if I miss the grant as I think I could buy it myself get it installed for the same money firms are charging.

Looking around at Grant install prices and charger prices on the web tonight I might not panic too much if I miss the grant as I think I could buy it myself get it installed for the same money firms are charging.
And remember power supply companies offer discounts for a install I know my company ovo offer 5p anytime charging right now as going on that tariff on the 27th

And remember power supply companies offer discounts for a install I know my company ovo offer 5p anytime charging right now as going on that tariff on the 27th
Yes I am signing up to an EV nightshift tariff with power NI shortly which will give me an overnight unit price of 12p compared to day rate of 21p per unit. 5p anytime is a great rate.

Yes I am signing up to an EV nightshift tariff with power NI shortly which will give me an overnight unit price of 12p compared to day rate of 21p per unit. 5p anytime is a great rate.
Just be careful with ovo it's not what it seems. Cheap rate is only available when charging and its given as a credit back to you account. You cannot get a cheaper rate for other electricity use. Also you have to sign up to ovo drive then apply for the cheaper rate. OVO Drive is also a dual fuel tarrif and their gas is expensive. Just be careful before you make the change.

Just be careful with ovo it's not what it seems. Cheap rate is only available when charging and its given as a credit back to you account. You cannot get a cheaper rate for other electricity use. Also you have to sign up to ovo drive then apply for the cheaper rate. OVO Drive is also a dual fuel tarrif and their gas is expensive. Just be careful before you make the change.

It works for me 20 to 25k miles a year at 5p is a saving any way you look at it plus I work nights a lot so anytime charging is a must and the 8p gas standing charge is 20p is today's market its very competitive and better than new cap I think

Another update from the dealer:
I have had one car arrive last week which apparently was not even built!.

None of it is making any sense and we spend hours on hold with no luck. 2 ships came in last week and we got a total of 5 cars. None of these cars were customer orders.

I have no choice but to keep trying and waiting.

Another update from the dealer:
I have had one car arrive last week which apparently was not even built!.

None of it is making any sense and we spend hours on hold with no luck. 2 ships came in last week and we got a total of 5 cars. None of these cars were customer orders.

I have no choice but to keep trying and waiting.
They don't have a clue...

They don't have a clue...
Why can't they become customer orders where they meet the spec ordered by real customer. The thought of a walk-in getting a car ahead of a customer who has waited months is unthinkable. Is an order for a fixed VIN? If so they would have been able to provide better supply chain info?

Why can't they become customer orders where they meet the spec ordered by real customer. The thought of a walk-in getting a car ahead of a customer who has waited months is unthinkable. Is an order for a fixed VIN? If so they would have been able to provide better supply chain info?
Seems to be a combination of both MG UK system and dealership incapacities.

Seems to be a combination of both MG UK system and dealership incapacities.
There are not that many variations of the zs ev, 3 models and 4 colours its not exactly loaded with customer specific additions for a particular build. I would imagine they are batch produced. There is no reason that I can see why a dealership would not allocate a vehicle to a customer order if it fits model and colour. I have ordered a Trophy in black or white not that fussed. The dealer has said whatever arrives first he will let me know. All this business of customer cars not yet built or cars arriving that haven't been built. I don't see how it works like that on batch production. From what I've seen they appear to do a run of lr or a run of Sr. and colour. I certainly don't think they are built as individual customer specific orders. They probably look at the overall range type and colour and batch produce but that is about as specific as it gets. That's how they keep the cost down. It's all costed logistics at the end of the day.
Of course if anyone know otherwise, I bow to their knowledge and stand corrected as I have been known to be wrong in the past. But only once. 😅🤣😂

There are not that many variations of the zs ev, 3 models and 4 colours its not exactly loaded with customer specific additions for a particular build. I would imagine they are batch produced. There is no reason that I can see why a dealership would not allocate a vehicle to a customer order if it fits model and colour. I have ordered a Trophy in black or white not that fussed. The dealer has said whatever arrives first he will let me know. All this business of customer cars not yet built or cars arriving that haven't been built. I don't see how it works like that on batch production. From what I've seen they appear to do a run of lr or a run of Sr. and colour. I certainly don't think they are built as individual customer specific orders. They probably look at the overall range type and colour and batch produce but that is about as specific as it gets. That's how they keep the cost down. It's all costed logistics at the end of the day.
Of course if anyone know otherwise, I bow to their knowledge and stand corrected as I have been known to be wrong in the past. But only once. 😅🤣😂
Totally agree. Furthermore, dealers are in the dark because UK MG supply data is all over the place.

Today the dealer called, there is only one dealer in Israel, my delivery of the end of March is postponed to the end of May. The sample will arrive in mid-April. hope for the best!!

Just heard from my dealer had the usual patter but the car I ordered in late October has been pushed back to may.
It seems like, looking at all the posts here that we have all been told the same thing so it's going to have to be a big ship if we are all getting them.
I don't know about anyone else but this fiasco has definitely taken the shine off buying a new car

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom