MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I ordered my LR Trophy in November last year for a March delivery, that has been pushed back twice now to June... so I would not be counting my chickens for a March delivery for you I'#m afraid... good luck though, let us know if you do get it because a lot of us will have some serious questions for our dealers if they weren't able to deliver on the original promised date but others are.
I ordered in December for delivery in March. The dealer has had deliveries of my car but not my car. Deliveries of the exact model (ZS Trophy Long Range) in the colour I chose have been sold to new customers buying them off the forecourt. I've been told that My car is still waiting to be built. Why don't I cancel I buy one of the cars from stock ? Because I would lose the £2500 grant that I benefited from in Decemeber. The dealer know this. Likewise, somebody who ordered in January might actually get their car sooner than somebody who ordered in December. The January customer is more likely to walk away if they are unhappy.

I ordered in December for delivery in March. The dealer has had deliveries of my car but not my car. Deliveries of the exact model (ZS Trophy Long Range) in the colour I chose have been sold to new customers buying them off the forecourt. I've been told that My car is still waiting to be built. Why don't I cancel I buy one of the cars from stock ? Because I would lose the £2500 grant that I benefited from in Decemeber. The dealer know this. Likewise, somebody who ordered in January might actually get their car sooner than somebody who ordered in December. The January customer is more likely to walk away if they are unhappy.
That's utterly insane.

Spoke to my favourite salesman at the local nissan dealer yesterday. They are expecting test models of the Ariya in may. will try it out and if they can turn it around reasonably quickly i will buy that instead. pcp ends in july so am likely going to end up settling the balance on my leaf to tide me over. lots of equity atm.

Name and shame please.

Absolute appalling, which dealer is this

Unfortunately this is indeed happening and I have seen it first hand myself i.e. my car getting offered to someone else on here as a swap from a different colour (where they get them to pay more for the colour option than the free white colour)!

Poor practice from dealers trying to make most out of the current situation and having customers on good deals / grants stuck for longer.

That's fine, I don't think we need to spend all the time talking deliveries when no ships are actually due and this problem could potentially affect us all. I for one, am interested in the problem and more to the point would like to know why its happened and what the solution is, be that a software update or a temporary work around. 🤔
Then surely another thread would be more appropriate?

Unfortunately this is indeed happening and I have seen it first hand myself i.e. my car getting offered to someone else on here as a swap from a different colour (where they get them to pay more for the colour option than the free white colour)!

Poor practice from dealers trying to make most out of the current situation and having customers on good deals / grants stuck for longer.
we recently had an issues where they ordered the wrong car and provided us with a manual rather than auto as we ordered in Jan. ZS EXLCUSIVE. after chasing them we have been offered a black version rather than silver to come end of April. However, I found a car with same spec and had been returned to another dealership after a week, I asked if we could just have this one to replace, they offered this at £90 pm more, this is due to the higher interest rate they have. I believe they will make more money from ones on the forecourt and can make you wait for yours.

Read this earlier, and my first thought was 'I hope my car is on a boat already'. I am surely going to hell in a hand basket :oops:

Anybody know what ships are already on route?
Neptune Ace (due 11th April) and Iguazu Highway (due 22nd April) look the most promising

I know I may have asked this before but has anyone, who is waiting on the Chorley group actually had a call or even better a Car?
They seem to have dropped off the map still waiting from late October and I emailed them nearly three day ago and nothing.
I am beginning to think they want me to cancel to take part in this shady practice that's been mentioned on this forum

I will kick the **** off if I find out that has happened at my dealership... it should be a first come first serve basis...

I will kick the **** off if I find out that has happened at my dealership... it should be a first come first serve basis...
I think we were all told, when we ordered, that the MG system is a first come first served basis. However, I have seen on this forum that others have received the exact same spec and colour that I ordered despite ordering a couple of months after me. Either the MG system is not as explained or some dealers are selling at a higher price to people who ordered later to make more profit.

I think we were all told, when we ordered, that the MG system is a first come first served basis. However, I have seen on this forum that others have received the exact same spec and colour that I ordered despite ordering a couple of months after me. Either the MG system is not as explained or some dealers are selling at a higher price to people who ordered later to make more profit.
My mam ordered the same model of car from the same dealership as us, just in a different colour, we will get ours before her, however, customers who ordered their car in December or before we given 0% interest where we were given 1.9% as it changed in Jan. I feel this also has a say in who gets their car 1st.

I know I may have asked this before but has anyone, who is waiting on the Chorley group actually had a call or even better a Car?
They seem to have dropped off the map still waiting from late October and I emailed them nearly three day ago and nothing.
I am beginning to think they want me to cancel to take part in this shady practice that's been mentioned on this forum
I am waiting for a LR SE ordered from Chorley on 5th November. Like everyone I have been eagerly looking at the shipping updates hoping my car was on one of the boats. I have an un healthy interest in the comings and goings at Portbury! However, I now know it's not even built yet-so will stop looking for a bit! In 5 months Chorley have never once proactively contacted me, to be fair if I ask a question then one sales guy (Martyn) always answers me very quickly and is as helpful as he can be (I think he is as much in the dark as we are) . I went direct to MG UK for more info who tell me my car is "on shortage awaiting factory build". They claim to be building in strict date order but there seems quite a bit of evidence around that this is not always the case. They say stopping orders for ICE cars is part of a strategy to catch up on EV orders. Chorley says they only get three firm dates they can rely on; built, at sea, and landed. Everything else seems a bit speculative. Slight deviation from the shipping updates theme but I hope allowable as it's sort of relevant, I will stop looking at shipping into Bristol for a while!

I am waiting for a LR SE ordered from Chorley on 5th November. Like everyone I have been eagerly looking at the shipping updates hoping my car was on one of the boats. I have an un healthy interest in the comings and goings at Portbury! However, I now know it's not even built yet-so will stop looking for a bit! In 5 months Chorley have never once proactively contacted me, to be fair if I ask a question then one sales guy (Martyn) always answers me very quickly and is as helpful as he can be (I think he is as much in the dark as we are) . I went direct to MG UK for more info who tell me my car is "on shortage awaiting factory build". They claim to be building in strict date order but there seems quite a bit of evidence around that this is not always the case. They say stopping orders for ICE cars is part of a strategy to catch up on EV orders. Chorley says they only get three firm dates they can rely on; built, at sea, and landed. Everything else seems a bit speculative. Slight deviation from the shipping updates theme but I hope allowable as it's sort of relevant, I will stop looking at shipping into Bristol for a while!
I feel your pain here. To have ordered at the beginning of November and to be told that the car isn’t even built yet is unacceptable!

I'd like to say I was shocked but in calling around doing my research for this car, I was told at least once that sometimes people pay more to bump themselves up the list - it felt like fishing to see if I'd add on a few quid. It was also heavily implied that I may wait longer if buying through a scheme. If my allocation shifts to a car ordered later so someone can take advantage, I'm going to have more than a few choice words.

Name and shame please.
Tell the truth and shame the devil. Though I can completely understand if they didn't - no doubt they'd be subject to an even longer delay.

Neptune Ace (due 11th April) and Iguazu Highway (due 22nd April) look the most promising
Thank you! Looks like I'm going to have to pay close attention to these and be on my dealer's back as soon as I get wind of a delivery :rolleyes:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom