MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Just spoken to a friend. He ordered a Trophy SR red today from Perry's in Huddersfield. Delivery on 5th July. In stock, but apparently as it is pre-registered he wasn't allowed to released for three months.

Sounds like it was ordered as a demonstrator as they have to keep the cars for a period of time before release?

Just had my dealer call to say my ETA is mid September 22 - ordered April this year. Suits me as I need to sell house first and want the 72 plate.
That's more silliness really. My order is almost 4 months older than yours and they gave me September before giving up completely and saying they don't know when it will come.

They have no idea.

What's coming over from China is too inconsistent to even guess.

Hello from New Zealand :)
I've ordered a MY22 ZS EV in Dover White SR Essence model back in March 2022. I've been advised by the dealer that it may arrive in July-mid/end.
  • Only two models sold here Excite (base) and Essence (=Trophy) - same battery 50.3kW
  • No clue on connected vehicle options at this stage - dealers don't know. :(
  • NZ is only getting 500 units in the first batch of deliveries.
  • We have rebates for new EV registrations to the tune of NZ$8600.
  • We also have a promotion to buy the MG ChargeHub charger for NZ$1600+ installation cost.
Ditto! I am also in Auckland, NZ and have ordered the gen 2 in Dover White SR Essence and it was also ordered in March! I do have the Gen1 that I bought before the government grant so my decision will be based on how much I can get when selling/trading that.

I received an update from MG via email yesterday (but nothing from the dealer yet - Tristram MG on the North Shore). The email talked about i-Smart which I didn't think was coming to NZ. Maybe it will be enabled on ANZ cars after all....

Just spoken to a friend. He ordered a Trophy SR red today from Perry's in Huddersfield. Delivery on 5th July. In stock, but apparently as it is pre-registered he wasn't allowed to released for three months.
I understood they can release the car but must keep the registration documents for 3 months

Does anyone know the length of the MG order number ?, is it a 12 digit number, just I ordered my ZS EV through a lease company and I am asking if they could provide me with it

Ditto! I am also in Auckland, NZ and have ordered the gen 2 in Dover White SR Essence and it was also ordered in March! I do have the Gen1 that I bought before the government grant so my decision will be based on how much I can get when selling/trading that.

I received an update from MG via email yesterday (but nothing from the dealer yet - Tristram MG on the North Shore). The email talked about i-Smart which I didn't think was coming to NZ. Maybe it will be enabled on ANZ cars after all....
I also got the MG NZ email yesterday which among other stuff told me that my car is not expected in New Zealand until October. Hardly surprising really considering the Chinese government's Covid elimination strategy (I thought ours were the only dumb-asses) and their recent lockdown. The i-Smart thing is a bonus, like yourself I thought we weren't getting it. I'm not bothering with the charger, even with five hundy off the price is still not particularly good value so I will run with Granny. I work from home and most days spend a fairly large portion of the day in my workshop so it is no hassle to put the car on charge whenever it is in the garage. Roll on October.

Hi all,

I received a call on Monday and will, unexpectedly, be collecting my car today. I ordered blue MG ZS LR from MG Paisley in November 21. The original delivery date was 17 March 22 and was put back to 24 June 22. It appears to be my allocated car and not a cancellation so hopefully means the early orders are now trickling through.

As I understand it, it's pretty standard for a dealer to register cars to themselves, then sell them on 90 days later.

Certainly on Drive The Deal they clarify it's the only type of pre-reg they'd offer as it's registered to the new owner immediately & had no legal worries associated in buying this way. They explain why here: Pre-Registered Cars

Does anyone know the length of the MG order number ?, is it a 12 digit number, just I ordered my ZS EV through a lease company and I am asking if they could provide me with it
It's the 10-digit number from MG's central ordering system that you need. Don't be surprised if you don't get it... from the comments here, it seems to be something that isn't given out unless buying from an MG dealer directly.

A few ships still needed
Screenshot_20220601_101757.jpg

The only replys are you can sell them but not deliver 🤔

I just called the dealership who are dealing with my Tusker order, they said they are getting an update on all their orders on Monday and so may know where they stand.

Just spoke to my dealer. Now saying my order from January says TBA.
Again I had to call them for an undated.
Terrible Hendy Exeter MG.

I ordered a white are they making these quicker?
I guess they made more white ones as it’s the standard colour. I’ve no idea really, I’ve just seen a lot of messages of people walking into dealers a week or two ago and then picking white ones up this week. There’s been a lot of pictures of people with their white LR Trophy’s saying they only ordered this month. As I can see there are people on here still waiting for a white one, I can only presume these cars are cancelled orders that are being reallocated by the dealer.

I’ve just driven past Portbury and it just looked to be a sea of white vans. I did spot some red MGs on a transporter heading North. None for me as I’m waiting for a blue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom