MG4 Activate Head Unit Message

I had no QR codes showing on the Ismart area, this is how I got it working and getting the car out of Transport mode to consumer mode :-
1. goto settings and select system
2. click on 'Entertainment System Version' 5 times
3. then enter the code 200519
4. then click on Activate
5. Then click on 'Switch Environment / Current: until it is a single P
Then back out and go check ISmart and your QR codes will now show up.

In step 5. above mine was set on PP after picking it up from the showroom, this is the transport mode and P is the consumer mode....obviously got forgotten to be changed over during PDI
I have the same problem. I have tried your method but I can’t find the ‘Switch Environment/Current’ option. I have noticed that my car is running R22. Do you think this is the reason why the option is not there?
I only took delivery of the ZS Trophy in May 23 and don’t understand why it does not have a newer version the software!

I have the same problem. I have tried your method but I can’t find the ‘Switch Environment/Current’ option. I have noticed that my car is running R22. Do you think this is the reason why the option is not there?
I only took delivery of the ZS Trophy in May 23 and don’t understand why it does not have a newer version the software!
Maybe because you have a ZS and this is an MG4 forum?

I had no QR codes showing on the Ismart area, this is how I got it working and getting the car out of Transport mode to consumer mode :-
1. goto settings and select system
2. click on 'Entertainment System Version' 5 times
3. then enter the code 200519
4. then click on Activate
5. Then click on 'Switch Environment / Current: until it is a single P
Then back out and go check ISmart and your QR codes will now show up.

In step 5. above mine was set on PP after picking it up from the showroom, this is the transport mode and P is the consumer mode....obviously got forgotten to be changed over during PDI
whoo! thanks so much mine seems to be fine now, weather, app and Bluetooth seems to be okay again. just the software update still seems to be same, still says "your car not registered please contact after sales for more information"

Just had this issue after switching back to wintertime automatically.

Solved the Please activate head unit issue by disabling GPS time in settings and after that I was able to active both settings in the activation sub menu.

After that I reenabled GPS time and so far so good.

Curious whether it’s still fixed tomorrow morning

Just had this issue after switching back to wintertime automatically.

Solved the Please activate head unit issue by disabling GPS time in settings and after that I was able to active both settings in the activation sub menu.

After that I reenabled GPS time and so far so good.

Curious whether it’s still fixed tomorrow morning
Still working today 👍

My system has worked fine since collection

But this morning touching weather or settings gives this activate head unit first message

View attachment 14017

Phone still connects and functions work

But can’t access anything in the car itself

Before starting to diagnose just wondered if it’s a general server issue and if any others have same issue

If I try to log in on head unit get message device id does not exist

View attachment 14018
The solution is to connect the internet in the settings of the car, select wireless, then chose your WiFi and appropriate password.
next use the home button and settings again at the bottom of the screen is activate.. press this. Can’t show that choice as mine has now re connected.. hope this helps, regards Phil c

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 39
Ran into the issue again today. My previous solution did not work, but enabling the online entertainment switch solved the issue today.

As if the MG4 was not able the renew its security certificates.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back