MG4 Charging port lights stopped working

Do you mean a light separate to those showing the state of charge? If yes then no - the MG4 doesn't have one.

I mean the four illuminated LEDs by the charging port, as in the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_125503.jpg
    IMG_20240304_125503.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 43
Mine start off blue as soon as I open the charging flap. I plug in quickly and they then turn darker blue (or is it lighter). Then they turn green when I lock the car.

If I don't plug in the cable quickly all my lights go out ... not sure if that's right or not ? ... but I once got no green (or any lights on) for the whole charge after leaving it too long to plug in the cable. It did charge though !

I've had the car for 3 months and in that time I've never seen it light up. So probably another of the many faults on my vehicle. I feel like I just bought the worst piece ever made:-D

The first photo is from the MG4 flyer, so I was wondering if it was glowing for anyone, because my MG4 never glowed at the charging port. I'm going to the dealership tomorrow, so I'll see if I should take it up with them.

As far as I remember when I open the charging door there’s no lights

Plug in the charger it then turns blue

Then once the charge starts it turns green

I think this was the pattern but I’ll double check when I next charge it

I understand. You don't have to check. It's been confirmed that my MG4 doesn't have a working light because it never illuminates.

I mean the four illuminated LEDs by the charging port, as in the photo.
That's why I was confused, as the original photo you showed has the charging lights illuminated. I had no way of knowing that this wasn't of your own car. 🤷‍♂️

As far as I remember when I open the charging door there’s no lights

Plug in the charger it then turns blue

Then once the charge starts it turns green

I think this was the pattern but I’ll double check when I next charge it
Just correcting myself here as I’ve just pulled onto a public charger

As soon as I opened charging door there was 1 blue light on ( car was on 21% )

Plugged charger cable in, about 30 seconds & the 1 light turned green & it started charging

Once over 25% charged 2 green lights on

I believe then 50% charged & over 3 green lights, 4 green lights 75% & over ( I’m probably wrong here lol )

That's correct - each segment represents 25% of the charge capacity ... 0-25, 25-50, 50-75, 75-100.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back