MG4 Heating working but won’t heat up

My MG4 Trophy’s heating isn’t heating up?

It just pushes out cold air.
Mine needs to be set at 25 or 26 to get warm. Dealer is investigating. I have seen many reports of similar.

You say in the thread title that the heating is actually working. Under what circumstances is that happening?

I had the same problem with my Trophy long range yesterday. +3 outside but temperature was at 28 to get any kind of warmth from the vents. A/C on too as I find if I don’t the car mists up quickly. Maybe a/c cancels out the heater.

My MG4 Trophy’s heating isn’t heating up?

It just pushes out cold air.
If I assume that you mean that the blower fan operates but you can’t get any heat. There seems to be an increasing number of posts on this topic, so I’m guessing that there may be a fault on some cars, where even on full max temperature no heat is produced.
Sounds like a trip to the dealer. Please post what the solution is if you do.
ps. Some of the early MG’s had an issue with AC engaged where they would not condition the air and also produce heat. Worth trying with AC off and on to see if it makes any difference.

I had the same problem with my Trophy long range yesterday. +3 outside but temperature was at 28 to get any kind of warmth from the vents. A/C on too as I find if I don’t the car mists up quickly. Maybe a/c cancels out the heater.
A/C just means Air Conditioning - it doesn't (or shouldn't) mean Air Cooling.

I think I now know why. I was in ECO driving and ECO heating modes. I switched these off and got heating straight away. This of course is crazy, crazy you can’t have ECO on to save money, but you can’t have a nice warm cabin. Hopefully new updates on software will over come this. 🥶🥶🥶🥶😎😎😎😎

I think I now know why. I was in ECO driving and ECO heating modes. I switched these off and got heating straight away. This of course is crazy, crazy you can’t have ECO on to save money, but you can’t have a nice warm cabin. Hopefully new updates on software will over come this. 🥶🥶🥶🥶😎😎😎😎

There is an option to stop the heating being affected by eco mode. Press the cog and turn off "follow eco drive mode"

IMG_20221217_172849.jpg

IMG_20221217_172915.jpg

You don't save much range in ECO - not enough to sacrifice heat unless you're desperately low on range.

Ok so my Trophy has been fine since I owned it for heating but just now it will only blow out cold air no matter what I change.

This is stupid of its the case but because it was cold as soon as the very slow boot up Sequence finished on the screen I swiped down and enabled the heating and changed the settings.

All I'm thinking is I turned it on too soon before the car 100% booted up. It did it a couple of times on my MG5 when I put it into drive before it had fully booted up.

Worked next time I switched the car on

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel