MG4 Insurance Issues

See this

Confused.com also have MG MOTORS UK, as well as MG and MG MOTOR UK. 🤷‍♂️
Not confusing, is it?! 🫤

On their website they go by MG Motor UK Ltd.

Attachments

• C2459991-E990-469F-A665-1D9FDECB1B63.png
    C2459991-E990-469F-A665-1D9FDECB1B63.png
    448.4 KB · Views: 63
Just planning ahead. Given the problems with the first batch of cars I'm cautious of selling my current car straight away. I'd like to keep it up to a month after collecting my MG4.
Has anyone transferred their main insurance to a new car and taken out temporary insurance on the old one?

I just re run quotes and slowly getting there. It dropped for me from £1200 to more reasonable £450 with everything included.

Hopefully when I pick car in January I should pay normal price

You can always get short-term insurance. Not tried it myself but it's always available. Not particularly cheap though.

A couple of links:

Mine's still £367 equivalent (inc. motor legal) .. £219 to the house insurance renewal date.

(Fully comp with business, 50+ male, zero NCD, 3 years no claims in a company car, plus spouse as additional driver)

For insurance purposes - does anyone know if the new MG4 has a ‘tracker’. I thought that maybe - with iSmart - it might.
It’s been discussed here: Insurance with built in GPS tracker

It’s doubtful that the iSmart app would be considered a tracker as far as insurers and the police are concerned.

I wondered that too, but have always answered No to that question when getting quotes.
The one fitted to the car can only be tracked by the owner, the trackers for insurance purposes are activated when it's reported stolen and pings the equipment in police cars.

I'm collecting my car tomorrow and have spent all day trying to change my insurance from the toyota yaris I'm trading in , one call direct ,the broker,could not get the underwriters to insure me.I still have 6 months to run on existing insurance. So I have to cancel that and get quoted again £330 and no refund .I have gone on various comparison sites , they didn't recognise my reg number ,they also dont recognise MG4 as an MG vehicle unless you pick MG Motor Uk then your spec ie SE long range
Best result was compare the market £186.30 + £25 legal cover with a company called Boom so £211.30 but no breakdown cover. Hope this helps anyone struggling like I was

I'm collecting my car tomorrow and have spent all day trying to change my insurance from the toyota yaris I'm trading in , one call direct ,the broker,could not get the underwriters to insure me.I still have 6 months to run on existing insurance. So I have to cancel that and get quoted again £330 and no refund .I have gone on various comparison sites , they didn't recognise my reg number ,they also dont recognise MG4 as an MG vehicle unless you pick MG Motor Uk then your spec ie SE long range
Best result was compare the market £186.30 + £25 legal cover with a company called Boom so £211.30 but no breakdown cover. Hope this helps anyone struggling like I was
Sorry I've had so many quotes my brains fried The comparison site was Confused.com like me!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back