MG4 Lane assist, speed assist keep resetting

MG are selling 4's quicker than they can import them, I don't think they will be that bothered, it's a seller's market unfortunately

Are they?
Really….?
The dealer I got mine from is now offering them with a lot less deposit than I had to give them (same monthlies).
That’s not a sign of a car in big demand.

The lane keep assist function is very dangerous. When you drive over 37mph it seems to enable and try to drive me into the hedge, and when you think it is on it doesn't keep you in the lane either. It switched off and on as you drive faster or slower than 37!

Another point my car seems to see almost any item as being a car - in front or parked and slams the breaks on - even when there is nothing there. Basically adaptive cruise control in town is dangerous, lane keep assist is dangerous and I have a feeling MG will be facing court cases where the car has veered off the road, you need to grip the wheel with white knuckles with these features on.

Are they?
Really….?
The dealer I got mine from is now offering them with a lot less deposit than I had to give them (same monthlies).
That’s not a sign of a car in big demand.
I called around 6 or 7 dealers and called into 3 of them, before putting down a deposit on a MG4.
To a man none of the dealers were that bothered to try and sell me a car as they had loads of customers - discounts were also at a premium .
Normally my phone would be ringing none stop with them calling me back to try to close the deal - nothing. That was last month - perhaps orders are easing this month but I would guess that MG still have plenty of orders. For now….

If you genuinely believe the car is dangerous, please consider making a formal complaint to MG and if you don't get a response you're happy with, report to DVSA as a serious safety issue. I don't see another way to get MG to take it seriously
Thank you - Where do I make a formal complaint? I’ve been trying to find an email or something

Click the Car icon, select the MG Pilot tab (if not already selected) and LKA is about the 3rd item down. (At least it is on my SE). It's a slider which also has associated settings below it when set On.

Very odd. I unplugged the charging cable. Moved the car and checked again and the lane keep assist option was there...... I'm 100 percent sure it wasn't before!

Does anyone know how to disable lane assist & speed sign alerts permanently …lane assist pull is really strong & downright dangerous on my local rural roads-sick of having to disable every time the car turns on-even a shortcut would be ok, but it’s awkward to do & really detracting from enjoyment of the car…come on MG, we need a software change!!!
If you find a way, please share - it’s driving me insane, so dangerous

Sigh.

This isn't going to be reversed is it.
They at least need to adjust the strength of it as it’s automatic setting is “emergency” when it should be medium or low

I live in the country (grass in the middle of my road) and I've not seen any issues with my LKA. It pulls sometimes but not on roads that don't have lanes. It seems quite reasonable to me and a good safety feature. More likely to save my life than kill me I would say.

For me it's pulling if I steer out of lane by accident. Never felt like it's going to pull me into a ditch though. I don't think I'm on any newer software.

I live in the country (grass in the middle of my road) and I've not seen any issues with my LKA. It pulls sometimes but not on roads that don't have lanes. It seems quite reasonable to me and a good safety feature. More likely to save my life than kill me I would say.

For me it's pulling if I steer out of lane by accident. Never felt like it's going to pull me into a ditch though. I don't think I'm on any newer software.
I don’t see why LKA would operate on roads without lanes.

I'm saying it doesn't. It doesn't affect me as it seems to affect others on proper country roads. When it is working (on country roads with lanes) it seems to be at a reasonable level.

You may not but mine for sure does. Country lanes, roundabouts - pretty much anywhere. I think this just goes to show the variation in the software for individual settings amongst our cars. I’ve now been told that LKA which was able to be switched off permanently and not default to a preset was their demo software and should never have been uploaded to the cars. Quality Control anyone!

You may not but mine for sure does. Country lanes, roundabouts - pretty much anywhere. I think this just goes to show the variation in the software for individual settings amongst our cars. I’ve now been told that LKA which was able to be switched off permanently and not default to a preset was their demo software and should never have been uploaded to the cars. Quality Control anyone!
That was probably set like that so all the demo cars we took on test drives would drive smoother .

It operates when there are no road markings?

It operates when there are no road markings?
Yes. I think it’s great that others are having a better time with their cars than I have and my long list of issues but the issue is real for some of us. Mine tried to pull me left at a minor roundabout and has pushed me towards a ditch on a country road and on the motorway tried to fling me in to the slow lane from middle lane when a transit van passed me at speed only to try and push me back out again as it realised there was already a car parallel to me in the slow lane - and the first two issues mentioned were after it’s been updated by dealer! Not trying the motorway again.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back