MG4 Mats Availability

Update: the clips on the car aren’t movable.

View attachment 12525

They have a sort of “popper” design and won’t go back in once removed. Looks I’m going to need to get some replacement screw in clips now to align with the mats. The mat alignment is at fault imo but if the clips won’t pop back in I’ll need to get new clips :( either way something is going to need to be replaced.
Nooooo :eek: . So how did carmats move them!!!! Any reply from them yet...I assume not.

Apologies if I caused this but it was based on carmats comment
If the clips are a long way out, then the clips in the footwell can be unscrewed and screwed back into the right place.

Nooooo :eek: . So how did carmats move them!!!! Any reply from them yet...I assume not.

Apologies if I caused this but it was based on carmats comment
No not your fault. I’ll just grab some of the screw in clips and see if carmats can do a small credit. Not a big deal really but I’ll make sure they get the feedback for future orders.

An observation ... I wonder if the MG4 used for templating was maybe built wrong? (i.e. that car had the clips in the wrong position).

If a replacement mat with correctly aligned holes comes hopefully some replacement screw in clips will fit snuggly back into the oem holes. Failing that I guess some sikaflex liberally in the gap will resolve it.

I strongly recommend others don’t try to move their own clips though 😂

Last edited:
An observation ... I wonder if the MG4 used for templating was maybe built wrong? (i.e. that car had the clips in the wrong position).
This is odd if this is the case, as it would seem in a lot of cases, like mine, they do line up if slightly off to one side. Not to off in my case so I’m happy (lucky?).

Happy to take some measurements at some point if it helps anyone.

Hope you get it sorted @AndyM

This is odd if this is the case, as it would seem in a lot of cases, like mine, they do line up if slightly off to one side. Not to off in my case so I’m happy (lucky?).

Happy to take some measurements at some point if it helps anyone.

Hope you get it sorted @AndyM
It would be good James if you could supply measurements (same as previous photos) to confirm its not the drivers mat but the car 100%. Then the issue is the car clips repositioning....how to do given AndyM's discovery

Alan

It would be good James if you could supply measurements (same as previous photos) to confirm its not the drivers mat but the car 100%. Then the issue is the car clips repositioning....how to do given AndyM's discovery

Alan
Ok will try and do this during the day tomorrow 👍🏼

Got my 'super' mats today and to be honest I am quite underwhelmed by the fit. All 4 mats are not sized properly. The rear ones are over an inch smaller. The driver and passenger fronts are quite off too. I have send pictures to carmats.co.uk. Hopefully, they'll be able to resolve.

How well do the MG's own mats fit?
If they fit well then why can't 3rd party mat manufacturers use them for templates?

Morning Chaps

Sorry I didn't response over the weekend.

Our mats are based on the OEM shape, we did a test fitting with a couple of customers and adjusted the mats based on their feedback. The drivers mat is the only one that's different, our clips are 3mm out compared to the OEM clips and the drivers mat is a touch wide to cover a big gap that the OEM mats had.

There is a lot of play in the clips in the mats, they should push over by 5-6mm to help alignment.

This will be harder with the thicker mats but the clips will slide in the mat with enough force applied to them.

We've found that it helps by fixing the stud on the inside of the footwell then doing the one by the drivers side.

If anyone is still unhappy with the fit then please contact our customer service team on [email protected] and they'll be happy to help.

Thats not good, Does not look centred either. Especially for the price.

I think we need owners to measure the distance between centers (35cm) and distance from inner door sill to outer clip cente (8cm). If all the same then the Carpets are punched wrong.

Just wanted to pick up on this - all our mats are the same, they are cut on an automated system. The chaps at Luscombe have tried the mats in a few vehicles and the fit of a single set does differ between vehicles unfortunately.

Update: the clips on the car aren’t movable.

View attachment 12525

They have a sort of “popper” design and won’t go back in once removed. Looks I’m going to need to get some replacement screw in clips now to align with the mats. The mat alignment is at fault imo but if the clips won’t pop back in I’ll need to get new clips :( either way something is going to need to be replaced.

Sorry to see this Andy, I was told they unscrewed!

Drop me a message on here and we'll sort something out 👍

Just wanted to pick up on this - all our mats are the same, they are cut on an automated system. The chaps at Luscombe have tried the mats in a few vehicles and the fit of a single set does differ between vehicles unfortunately.
Hi, just a bit more feedback. I have had to remove the rubber mats as we cant stand the smell!! I have put them in the garage and will leave for a few more days to see if smell deteriates. Had to put an air freshner in car today. Is this a normal smell and will it go away?

Hi, just a bit more feedback. I have had to remove the rubber mats as we cant stand the smell!! I have put them in the garage and will leave for a few more days to see if smell deteriates. Had to put an air freshner in car today. Is this a normal smell and will it go away?
I bought rubber mats from car mats.co.uk a couple of years ago and have them in my ZSEV. They were previously in my ICE ZS. The smell goes away in a few days and they have lasted really well.

I will treat my MG4 to a new set with blue trim😀

Like Richard says, the smell will reduce after a few days.

Rubber smell (like new plastics smell) is not unusual ... the mudflaps I recently received have their own aroma. :)

How are people finding the fitting of front Passenger / Driver mats? I have just found them to be too small and not fitting the footwell properly.
1. Front passenger seems to be unevenly cut as the gap widens at the top.
2. Driver may seems small too. Overall I wouldn't call them custom / fitted mats.

Check images:

Front Passenger 1.jpg

Attachments

• Front Passenger 2.jpg
    Front Passenger 2.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Driver 1.jpg
    Driver 1.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Driver 2.jpg
    Driver 2.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 102