MG4 Mats Availability

Mine have arrived, but slight issue with alignment. Just awaiting response from carmats :)
See post #87
Awesome! We shipped nearly all the pre-orders today 🙌

We've found so far that MG don't always put the clips in the footwell in exactly the same spot.

There is some movement in clips in our mats as the clip is smaller than the hole so can be adjusted.

If the clips are a long way out, then the clips in the footwell can be unscrewed and screwed back into the right place.

Look forward to the feedback 🙏

I did see this, but have asked for clarity on it. How do I unscrew the clips in the floor? however surely that’s not the greatest advice for a product that should be custom fitted to the car? If so I’m happy to hold my hands up and say I’m wrong.

I think the comment is saying that the issue is with the positioning of the clips, not the positioning of the holes in the mats. (i.e. if some cars are built differently then it would be impossible for a standard fit mat to cope with every position possibility).

Mine have arrived. Really happy with the quality. The drivers one does sit right up against the side of a car leaving a bit of a gap on the left, possibly due to the clip alignment issue. This isn’t a major concern for me though, but it would be if it was any more off.

I don’t know how you’d remove the clips as has been suggested by @webmonkeyash I don’t think I will need to.

Awesome! We shipped nearly all the pre-orders today 🙌

We've found so far that MG don't always put the clips in the footwell in exactly the same spot.

There is some movement in clips in our mats as the clip is smaller than the hole so can be adjusted.

If the clips are a long way out, then the clips in the footwell can be unscrewed and screwed back into the right place.

Look forward to the feedback 🙏
@webmonkeyash Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread, but I would be interested in buying an MG4 rubber boot mat if you make one, as I’d like to put my mountain bike in the back and I worry about the pedals damaging the soft boot liner.

It would be useful if @webmonkeyash could post how to remove the fastenings in the footwell.
I know Fords just unscrew like an oversized self tapper but I suspect the MG4's might be different.

Mine arrived this morning and the alignment is also out. How do the official mats deal with this issue? Do you have to realign with those too? 🤔

Mine arrived this morning and the alignment is also out. How do the official mats deal with this issue? Do you have to realign with those too? 🤔
Official mats look narrower so more room for forgiveness Genuine MG4 Ev Carpet Floor Mats OE 11409432 | eBay

Clips might be like these, and therefore would just unscrew I guess.
£1.55 15% Off | 4X Oval Hole Ring Screw Buckle Clamp Toggle Grip Floor Mat Clips Carpet Fixing Grip Turn Twist Lock For VW Audi Skoda Seat Cars

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd be really grateful for a picture when you get them. Got some cheap carpet mats which to be fair are doing a job but thinking of getting some rubber. Would like to see how they look first if poss
Here a few pics as promised of the rubber/red mats. Also the fron driver clips fitted OK.
984381F5-6B48-414A-AE4C-C39ACB026D9A_1_201_a.jpeg
C268B3C6-6016-40E6-AE5D-9CC51175577B_1_201_a.jpeg

Wicked thank you. Look great in red. I just now have to decide whether to get some blue trim to go more with my car or stay neutral 🤔. Cheers
Great for the Winter, will get some good quality carpet ones in the spring from them once someone on here post a few pucs of the top quality ones...please!

I'd be really grateful for a picture when you get them. Got some cheap carpet mats which to be fair are doing a job but thinking of getting some rubber. Would like to see how they look first if poss
My Grand (29.99) mats

Attachments

• 3515933B-C6EE-4795-826E-D012FD393DD4.jpeg
    3515933B-C6EE-4795-826E-D012FD393DD4.jpeg
    901.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 8AA8D0FC-3AAA-48E8-9035-5EDDC016A671.jpeg
    8AA8D0FC-3AAA-48E8-9035-5EDDC016A671.jpeg
    757.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 8FE7C222-8F34-4035-84DE-E846AEA958DA.jpeg
    8FE7C222-8F34-4035-84DE-E846AEA958DA.jpeg
    690.2 KB · Views: 108
View attachment 12492
Executive carpet mats. Unfortunately the clips don’t line up. I have emailed carmats.co.uk
Another quality control problem. MG aren't consistent where they put the fixing clips. Some are in the right place and others like yours are a bit out. Report it to your dealer and to MG customer services.

View attachment 12492
Executive carpet mats. Unfortunately the clips don’t line up. I have emailed carmats.co.uk
Thats not good, Does not look centred either. Especially for the price.

I think we need owners to measure the distance between centers (35cm) and distance from inner door sill to outer clip cente (8cm). If all the same then the Carpets are punched wrong.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back