MG4 Mats Availability

How are people finding the fitting of front Passenger / Driver mats? I have just found them to be too small and not fitting the footwell properly.
1. Front passenger seems to be unevenly cut as the gap widens at the top.
2. Driver may seems small too. Overall I wouldn't call them custom / fitted mats.

Check images:

View attachment 12543
That doesn't look a great fit.

How are people finding the fitting of front Passenger / Driver mats? I have just found them to be too small and not fitting the footwell properly.
1. Front passenger seems to be unevenly cut as the gap widens at the top.
2. Driver may seems small too. Overall I wouldn't call them custom / fitted mats.

What are your mats overall dimensions so we can compare with ours. Passenger curves in from both sides at about middle approximately, driver door side ever so slightly from seat end to footwell.
Passenger_________________Driver
Back width 49 _______________50
Middle 46 ___________________49
Bottom 21 from ns__________33 (excluding the final tongue)
Depth 695___________________545(including the final tongue)

Alan

Last edited:
I asked about this when I did a test drive. The dealer said they basically had no information yet, beyond £99 for mats and they recommended getting after market mats as cheaper. I wanted to know about tow bars, but they said the cars had just appeared and no information or availability of accessories yet. I got the impression it would be a few weeks.
Tow bar wise I was told on Friday they have been notified that it'll be about January as I wanted one on mine.

Heard back from carmats.co.uk on my query and essentially they are saying it is what it is. I can return the mats on my own return costs provided they are not used. By putting them in the car - they are now used. So no recourse.

What are your mats overall dimensions so we can compare with ours. Passenger curves in from both sides at about middle approximately, driver door side ever so slightly from seat end to footwell.
Passenger_ Driver
Back width 49 _______________50
Middle 46 ___________________49
Bottom 21 from ns__________33 (excluding the final tongue)
Depth 695___________________545(including the final tongue)

Alan

Here's the dimensions
Passenger_________Driver
Bottom width: 48 cms_________49 cms
Middle: 42 cms___________48cms (just below where it starts to taper)
Top: 21 cms__________33 (Excluding the final tongue)
Length: 69 cms_________53.5 cms
Length of Driver where left footrest___ 37 cms

Looks like mine are smaller overall..

@webmonkeyash does that match with your template?

Heard back from carmats.co.uk on my query and essentially they are saying it is what it is. I can return the mats on my own return costs provided they are not used. By putting them in the car - they are now used. So no recourse.
That's a bit disappointing
I appreciate if they've been used
But attempting to fit them and finding they don't is hardly use.

Snovak, measured again exactly at half way point of depth (34.5) on passenger mat, width = nearly 46

Perhaps you could request a complimentay replacement passenger side mat once dimensions of production template are confirmed and yours is incorrect?

Alan

Last edited:
That's a bit disappointing
I appreciate if they've been used
But attempting to fit them and finding they don't is hardly use.
Quite. I should think, as specific-fit items, they are clearly defective, and should be returnable for a full refund. They're basing the requirement for non-use on distance-selling laws, which don't apply in this case.

I always thought that carpet mats wouldn't last a winter, so I did the same as you on older cars and changed them immediately to rubber mats. but having had carpet mats in a Ford Puma for the last two years, and a mondeo for the two years prior to that, they were still in a great condition when sold, which frankly amazed me. so I have paid the £99 for the unicorn hair mg4 mats and hope they are in stock by the time my car arrives. some advantage to having to wait, mats and insurance woes solved I suppose
Dealer gave me MG mats in the price 😃

Looks like they are available to pre-order (delivery in Nov) from these guys, anyone tried them before?

I'm also looking for doorsill protectors,if anyone knows a stockist for SE long rang

Again, read back in the thread for details.

If only this forum had one of these:

1667983156775.png

;)

This is incorrect. Under distance selling laws and the basic law of contract if they have delivered a product that does not meet the specifications you agreed you are entitled to a refund.
You should make this point to them and then seek redress through your credit/debit card provider.

I've not yet opened my package so I don't know what (if any) paperwork is contained within it. It is possible that the following is nullified if they do contain the relevant information.

As regards email communications, none of the emails provided include any T&Cs with respect to distance contracts ... and any links back to their website are irrelevant because the terms need to be provided by durable means. (Terms written in an email are OK - terms contained on a website are not OK as they are not durable; they can be changed at any point).

Therefore (per the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 they have not yet provided confirmation of the terms for a distance contract. This means that a) the consumer has 14 days after they are supplied within which to decide to cancel the contract (up to a maximum of 1 year 14 days), and b) the seller must pay for any return because they've not provided the necessary info by durable means to make the consumer liable for any returns costs.

And the above is only relative to a change of mind return ... if the goods do not conform to contract (i.e. they don't appear to be "fitted", although this may be a subjective judgment) then the consumer can reject the goods per the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

I have received my mats. The rear and passenger mats are good but the drivers is not good. The shape is wrong and it does not sit at the correct angle. ”Pulling” the clip holes into place is not going to work, nowhere near! I am dealing with Dan via email and I’ll advise here if I get a satisfactory resolution.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back