MG4 Oil Leak Poll (Part 1)

I have an MG4 and…

• Total voters
I find it very strange that a fault, can be corrected on some cars with a particular fix and not others, presumably they are all pretty much identical so why has it needed 2 or 3 different fixes on some.

drop oil, add breather mk1, add breather mk2 … shrug shoulders and clutch next straw

I find it very strange that a fault, can be corrected on some cars with a particular fix and not others, presumably they are all pretty much identical so why has it needed 2 or 3 different fixes on some.

drop oil, add breather mk1, add breather mk2 … shrug shoulders and clutch next straw
Nobody knows for sure, we are speculating that it involves the breather and dropping the oil to rectify it.
If it is just the breather and they are putting 900mls back in this seems to lead it to still leak, as proved by @Macadoodle
There is also a chance that some of the modified breathers haven't been fitted correctly.

So far ... but I'm still holding my vote change in reserve, as the original leak and follow-up leak took a while to present themselves.
I’ve had my car delivered a couple of days ago. Something is leaking. One big leak in the middle towards the front. And I suspect a very small leak just under the passenger side. Anyone has any ideas if this is the oil leak or something else? I have put a plastic jug underneath the big leak and hopefully we’ll see what the liquid looks like in the morning.

Any more updates on the MK2 breather mod?

I’ve had my car delivered a couple of days ago. Something is leaking. One big leak in the middle towards the front. And I suspect a very small leak just under the passenger side. Anyone has any ideas if this is the oil leak or something else? I have put a plastic jug underneath the big leak and hopefully we’ll see what the liquid looks like in the morning.

Could either be coolant, check the levels, or washer fluid that's run along the under-tray before dripping down.

On the last podcast Miles said all the car coming out of the factory have the mod and all others should have had the mod done or a temp mod.
It should be part of the PDI.

I’ve had my car delivered a couple of days ago. Something is leaking. One big leak in the middle towards the front.
Have you been using the A/C? It could just be condensate from the Evaporator.

Is the leak under the front or rear passenger side?
If rear it is probably the dreaded oil leak discussed a few :sneaky: times here.

Have you been using the A/C? It could just be condensate from the Evaporator.
Yes I have. The liquid is clear, like water and does not emit odour. So I’m assuming it’s not the oil leak? Shall I report this to MG?

Is the leak under the front or rear passenger side?
If rear it is probably the dreaded oil leak discussed a few :sneaky: times here.
Front side. Saying that it’s actually towards the middle now I’ve realised. I guess it’s a good thing (that it’s not the oil leak)? But the liquid is clear and odourless. Could be something else?

If it's fresh water then it's probably what I suggested in which case it's quite normal.

If it's fresh water then it's probably what I suggested in which case it's quite normal.
CC526E73-2DB3-45FD-84DC-52D2271BB628.png

This is what it collected overnight.

It's water from the condensation on the AC evaporator as mentioned by Alb. If the AC is used for a period of time condensation and eventually ice will form on the evaporator which melts when the car is switched off. This is perfectly normal.

There are no fluids that are colourless or odourless used in the car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 484 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back