MG4 Power Limiting

Looked back on a few threads and after a brief, albeit not complete look, it seems to be an sr exclusive issue
No. I had this problem in my Trophy this week. I was wondering if it was due to battery being at 11% (only 6 miles from home). It was dangerous on a fast dual carriageway, overtaking in outside lane and it stopped pulling. Nursed it home. Charged, no problem since. I don't normally let the power get that low and have only had a similar problem once before, even closer to home on derestricted country road. At least the car told me what was going on, but I'd like that "feature" disabled. Car is booked in for service soon so will get the dealer to look at it.
(This did not happen in a town centre, while on holiday, while looking for a charger and battery at only 8%, speed not above 30mph).
Lesson I have learned is to top the battery up, if possible, when taking a break in long journeys.

I think temperature is an issue. My car overtook at 80 mph at 5% battery in the summer, but I noticed a slight loss of power when climbing a hill at 12% battery in cold conditions.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back