MG4 Range

Er.... what on earth happened to the Megane miles/kWh when it was on 18inch wheels? Surely some mistake here?
That’s what I thought. I always hear that having smaller wheels results in greater range, but in this case the larger 20inch wheels went two miles further. 🤷‍♂️

Probably been mentioned before but after full charging range shows 223 miles. Have a MG4 SE SR and have been fully charging every week or so when at 40% low. ( Sad sod who doesn’t get out much!). I usually keep charging till low watt shows on smart meter or when scheduled charge auto shuts down. I assumed it would settle back to 218 but have not used it for a day and still at 223. Will these extra miles suddenly disappear when I start driving it. Which I will do today- will update soon on results.

Probably been mentioned before but after full charging range shows 223 miles. Have a MG4 SE SR and have been fully charging every week or so when at 40% low. ( Sad sod who doesn’t get out much!). I usually keep charging till low watt shows on smart meter or when scheduled charge auto shuts down. I assumed it would settle back to 218 but have not used it for a day and still at 223. Will these extra miles suddenly disappear when I start driving it. Which I will do today- will update soon on results.
Update on the above:
Did 2 mile journey each way
Reading shows 97% 217 miles left
Output show 3.1 mls/kw
So interesting it’s on dropped 6 miles on a 4 mile trip.No heating and low lights
Info shows same on ismart as well

Update on the above:
Did 2 mile journey each way
Reading shows 97% 217 miles left
Output show 3.1 mls/kw
So interesting it’s on dropped 6 miles on a 4 mile trip.No heating and low lights
Info shows same on ismart as well
Its a general guide to range. Its not an exact science

Not charged my SE LR to 100% yet, but doing the math, with the heating on, I’ll be getting 220 miles at the moment.

I do more short trips (school run, shops etc) and I’m lucky to break 3mpkWh as I live in a hilly area.

After coming from a ZS ev where the max I’d get in winter is 130 miles, I’m happy with what I’m getting.

Not charged my SE LR to 100% yet, but doing the math, with the heating on, I’ll be getting 220 miles at the moment.

I do more short trips (school run, shops etc) and I’m lucky to break 3mpkWh as I live in a hilly area.

After coming from a ZS ev where the max I’d get in winter is 130 miles, I’m happy with what I’m getting.
Don't know how long you have had it but a monthly 100% charge with a chance to balance is recommended for the LR (weekly for SR).

Don't know how long you have had it but a monthly 100% charge with a chance to balance is recommended for the LR (weekly for SR)
I’ve only had it for a few weeks and I’ve not done a long journey in it yet to warrant going to 100%. I’ll definitely charge it to 100 soon though, thanks for the reminder 👍🏽

Your 220 is being generous on the GOM if as you say you are being lucky to break 3mpkwh. If you were getting 3 that's about 184 miles with the 4s 61.4kw usable capacity

There is a reason that it is called a Guess-o-Meter. On our present Corsa-e it is wildly innacurate!
In reality it is quite a bit more than a guess o meter because it uses previous data to calculate the figure. It can only be wildly inaccurate if you fundamentally change your driving pattern or style.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back