MG4 Range

Not sure what these tests really tell us. I think it is just clickbait. There are so many variables in trying to compare these cars batteries and range.
The only interesting stat is miles/kwh as that gives us a feel for the technology of the car and also something about the cost of driving these cars.

Not sure what these tests really tell us. I think it is just clickbait. There are so many variables in trying to compare these cars batteries and range.
The only interesting stat is miles/kwh as that gives us a feel for the technology of the car and also something about the cost of driving these cars.
I agree.

I am rapidly learning that actually EV range is fine (I have a LR Trophy).

There is no need to worry or panic and once you have a few apps to show where chargers are / occupied / working then actually long journeys are fine.

Yes there is a bit of planning, but we always used to plan where we might stop for a long journey anyway.

When we stop, we wait a bit longer before moving on. It is no big deal.

So for us, range is not something we are thinking about and we do 10,000 miles a year.

I can see how a sales rep might struggle or someone else who drives long distance to commute/for work. But then if that was me, I'd probably get a Tesla and then range would be comparable to ICE anyway.

My standard range MG4 thinks it’s a long range - every time I charge it, it goes to around 230 miles and this time 245! The trip range resets on every journey and the new found mileage drops pretty quickly after a couple of journeys- but an interesting phenomenon not too worried about but wondered if anyone else has had it.

Attachments

• IMG_6520.png
    IMG_6520.png
    668.5 KB · Views: 101
My standard range MG4 thinks it’s a long range - every time I charge it, it goes to around 230 miles and this time 245! The trip range resets on every journey and the new found mileage drops pretty quickly after a couple of journeys- but an interesting phenomenon not too worried about but wondered if anyone else has had it.
I have a SE SR. had it in the dealership and managed 273miles @ 80%. 🤓. Now I have the power loss issue Bowfer and Co have. Going back in today for them to look at it. Having a loaner MG5 in the meantime. ☹️

Attachments

• 3AB6FE1E-87A8-4B09-B08C-C37FB572044F.png
    3AB6FE1E-87A8-4B09-B08C-C37FB572044F.png
    509.3 KB · Views: 70
I have a SE SR. had it in the dealership and managed 273miles @ 80%. 🤓. Now I have the power loss issue Bowfer and Co have. Going back in today for them to look at it. Having a loaner MG5 in the meantime. ☹️
Wow that’s bad about the power loss - I don’t think I have that problem… yet!!

i dont watch fox news, its actually a UN agenda but as you probably get all your information from the BBC you wont know this. you will just repeat what they tell you to.
Its on the UN website for all who can be bothered to read.
Just remember, because you watch and parrot the BBC, it does not make you informed or intelligent.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I'm still waiting for all the other ridiculous theories to come to fruition. 5G, vaccine microchips, revalations, contrail chems, Q predictions, yada yada.
I'm sure the only reason they didn't happen is because of the brave people posting about them on Facebook. Oh and niche owners forums.

Last edited:
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I'm still waiting for all the other ridiculous theories to come to fruition. 5G, vaccine microchips, revalations, contrail chems, Q predictions, yada yada.
I'm sure the only reason they didn't happen is because of the brave people posting about them on Facebook. Oh and niche owners forums.
👍🤣

I could but I didn't spend £32k to be cold. The heated seats and wheel are lovely but I still get cold feet and they also don't do anything for our son in the back.

I think there has only been one occasion since we got the car where I kept the heater off to extend the range even though it was cold, but this was only to avoid plugging in at home at the weekend instead of using free energy from work.
Sorry to be off topic, I'm expecting to take delivery of a new trophy soon. I'm really excited about the pre heat function as I hate cold morning school and work runs with my current ICE.

Could you kindly share more information on pre heat, please? From what I've read on this helpful forum so far is that it cannot be used whilst the car is charging.

Some questions I had were...

Can you set it on timer? I.e. I want it warm by 8am? Or do you manually have to turn it on and off via the app?

Is there a sweet spot? I.e. Ten mins of heating on a very cold day is sufficient

Thanks in advance.

It can be used if the car is charging or if it's disconnected from the charger. It can't be used if it's connected but not charging.

You have to use the app to pre-heat the cabin every time you use it and I think you are limited to only using it twice in succession. As to whether that's enough in very cold weather I haven't had the car long enough to find out.

It can be used if the car is charging or if it's disconnected from the charger. It can't be used if it's connected but not charging.

You have to use the app to pre-heat the cabin every time you use it and I think you are limited to only using it twice in succession. As to whether that's enough in very cold weather I haven't had the car long enough to find out.
Not 100% true connected but not charging depends on the charger works perfectly with pod point solo

Some questions I had were...

Can you set it on timer? I.e. I want it warm by 8am? Or do you manually have to turn it on and off via the app?

Is there a sweet spot? I.e. Ten mins of heating on a very cold day is sufficient

Thanks in advance.
It cannot be set using a timer, you have to activate it using the app and it will run for 10 mins.

You can set the temperature in the app. I set it to either "high" or "low" depending on whether I want it hot or cold and 10 mins is always sufficient unless the car is really covered in snow. Then it might take two activations to melt it.

It's one of the best things about owning an EV.

We did our first balancing charge last night after a month of ownership. Our trophy is showing a range of 240 at 100%. I'm looking forward to seeing this increase to the advertised range in the summer.

We did our first balancing charge last night after a month of ownership. Our trophy is showing a range of 240 at 100%. I'm looking forward to seeing this increase to the advertised range in the summer.
It should go up pretty soon. I have the LR and it predicting just over 300 now as the temp starts to go up. Seeing about 220 miles at the 80% charge. I’m 5000 miles in and it’s been fairly accurate for the driving.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back