MG4 Range

It cannot be set using a timer, you have to activate it using the app and it will run for 10 mins.

You can set the temperature in the app. I set it to either "high" or "low" depending on whether I want it hot or cold and 10 mins is always sufficient unless the car is really covered in snow. Then it might take two activations to melt it.

It's one of the best things about owning an EV.
Thanks you so much

We did our first balancing charge last night after a month of ownership. Our trophy is showing a range of 240 at 100%. I'm looking forward to seeing this increase to the advertised range in the summer.
Can I ask what it was showing before you did the balancing charge?
I collected my new SE LR from the dealership yesterday and it is only showing 207miles on 100% charge, which seems very low given that it is not cold (12 degrees outside).
My first thought was that they had given me an SR model by mistake... I see that other folks' SE models are showing 200+.
I totally understand that I won't get 280miles out of the car and that actual range might be around 200, but if the car only estimates 200miles, then it seem like I might get much less.
Just wondering what other people's experiences are with expected range on the LR model in these spring temperatures?
Also, is anyone aware of a way to tell for certain what size of battery is in the car? Seems strange that I can't find it specified anywhere in or on the car.

Have a quick peek at the driver's door B pillar, my SE standard has 125Kw, denoting the motor power and the battery it will be paired with. Yours I presume will have 150kW.

I collected my new SE LR from the dealership yesterday and it is only showing 207miles on 100% charge, which seems very low given that it is not cold (12 degrees outside).
My first thought was that they had given me an SR model by mistake... I see that other folks' SE models are showing 200+.
I totally understand that I won't get 280miles out of the car and that actual range might be around 200, but if the car only estimates 200miles, then it seem like I might get much less.
Just wondering what other people's experiences are with expected range on the LR model in these spring temperatures?
Also, is anyone aware of a way to tell for certain what size of battery is in the car? Seems strange that I can't find it specified anywhere in or on the car.
It was 220 so it didn't move the needle much.

Have a quick peek at the driver's door B pillar, my SE standard has 125Kw, denoting the motor power and the battery it will be paired with. Yours I presume will have 150kW.
Thanks for that, I had looked at the pillars, but hadn't seen that sticker. It does indeed have 150kW. Reassuring that the dealership are able to do their job, less reassuring about the range :/

Thanks for that, I had looked at the pillars, but hadn't seen that sticker. It does indeed have 150kW. Reassuring that the dealership are able to do their job, less reassuring about the range :/
Having had my SE LR for a couple of weeks now charged to 80% on Sunday, Gom was 211, very happy for time of year, long may it continue 😀

Must admit I never really look at the GOM as it can't predict the future ;) Range is certainly improving with these double digit temps though, 4.2 miles kWh is fairly easy to achieve if the roads are dry and you keep it around 60mph.
That's a full mile more per kWh than I was getting in the cold and damp of a month or two ago.

You may also want to 'reset' the gauges; since last charge / average economy / since start ... I do this periodically - And Boom it goes back up ...

From start resets every time you restart the car.
Since last charge resets, well, when you charge.
It's only the Accumulated total that doesn't automatically reset, and which you can reset by a long press on the right joystick (after pressing the middle button and selecting the trip meters display, and then selecting Accumulated total).

You may also want to 'reset' the gauges; since last charge / average economy / since start ... I do this periodically - And Boom it goes back up ...
Thanks. Have reset the accumulated total etc, as siteguru has described above, but it didn't have any effect on the GOM. I suppose I'll just drive it and see what sort of distance I can get in reality rather than paying attention to the GOM. Maybe a balancing charge and the warmer temps will see that go up anyway. Taking it down to Co.Wicklow this weekend so should get a feel for how it fares on longer trips.

My first drive (Trophy) since a hernia operation, a mere 13 miles on country roads and keeping well within limits, I recorded a fraction under 6miles per kWh (on Eco mode), as against about 3mls/kWh for the first 1700 miles driven (mostly in Normal mode), albeit at limits (and above) using the acceleration on winding twisty roads. Previous charging gave range of around 190 - 210miles (@90-93%) during February and March.
However, last night's charge on a super charger to 91% (range 253miles) indicated at 100% the range would be 280 miles, which I believe is higher than stated range of a Trophy, being 270miles. It would suggest that previous driving habits and battery and ambient temperatures have a bearing on range.

From start resets every time you restart the car.
Since last charge resets, well, when you charge.
It's only the Accumulated total that doesn't automatically reset, and which you can reset by a long press on the right joystick (after pressing the middle button and selecting the trip meters display, and then selecting Accumulated total).
My charge and total gauges like to reset themselves randomly 🤷‍♂️

The trip gauges always reset during a software update. And I've sometimes had the From last Charge gauge not reset after a charge. But other than that I've not had any other randomness.

The trip gauges always reset during a software update. And I've sometimes had the From last Charge gauge not reset after a charge. But other than that I've not had any other randomness.
Yes I would expect it with an update, or disconnecting the 12v. But for me the 'acc total' reset last time I charged. A couple days before that the 'last charge' reset overnight.

Hey everyone,

I recently bought an MG4 Long Range, and I'm loving it so far! As per the specifications, it claims a range of 270 miles on a full charge, but as we all know, real-world figures can differ from what the manufacturer states, especially when taking into account factors like using the air conditioning, heating, and driving style.

That being said, I wanted to check with you all and see what kind of range you are experiencing with your MG4 Long Range. When my car is fully charged, it shows an estimated range of around 200 miles. I was wondering if that's considered normal or if I should be concerned.

If you could share your experiences with the following, it would be really helpful:
  1. What's your average range on a 100% charge?
  2. How much does your range decrease when you use features like air conditioning, heating, or drive in a more aggressive manner?
  3. Do you have any tips or tricks to improve the overall range?
I would also appreciate any advice from those who have owned their MG4 Long Range for a while now. Have you noticed any significant changes in the range over time?

I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences and insights. It's always great to learn from the collective wisdom of fellow EV owners!

Thanks in advance, and happy driving!

Best regards,
Neil

It is highly temperature and driving style dependent. We are getting 200 miles in winter, 225 miles now and expect 250 miles in summer. The GOM shows more than this but it tends to be optimistic.

The car needs to warm up properly to get a good range, so short journeys won't show off the best, and the faster you drive the lower the range, so 65mph or less recommended for best range on motorways.

“Faster you drive the lower the range”

My MG4 range is gonna hate me when it arrives😂
just as long as it gets me to Leeds and back to Manchester I’ll be happy, I’m just gonna enjoy the car, AC on music on 😎

Knowing my luck I’ll get the speed and power issue 😂

“Faster you drive the lower the range”

My MG4 range is gonna hate me when it arrives😂
just as long as it gets me to Leeds and back to Manchester I’ll be happy, I’m just gonna enjoy the car, AC on music on 😎

Knowing my luck I’ll get the speed and power issue 😂

If you're travelling on the M62 at rush hour every day, you've surely not got much to worry about speed-wise!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back