MG4 Rumbling and vibration

I get a little bit of that too.
But I am rightly or wrongly assuming it's tyre flat spots with being sat on a boat for 8 weeks.
Happens to a lot of cars and should sort itself out if it is that

That is likely but it still needs confirming if this is the cause. Someone needs to take the plunge with new tyres or a tyre check.

Surely MG should be paying for replacements if that's the cause?
Adding 15psi/1bar stops stored cars getting flat spots - I assume that MG do similar before sending the car onto the RoRo.

Just been out for the second drive in my car. Started rumbling on the way home after about 20 miles or so. But it’s only really noticeable when going around 20 mph, didn’t notice it at higher speeds. Can feel it in both the steering wheel and can hear a low pitched rumbling sound. :( another thing to add to the list.

Just been out in mine again and same rumble/vibration above 50mph.
Now the main screen has gone loopy. Bouncing between main screen and settings screen when swiped left. Wont stay stable still even after several resets. No radio again as last time but this time after reset it just bounces between screens.
Awaiting call back from Dealer sent email with all my faults listed

My car now has the following faults:

• Oil Leak from transmission gearbox – new breather assembly required
  • Bulge in undertray to rectify
  • Drowsiness Alert system in fault mode.
  • Vibration/Rumble from car above speeds of 50 MPH (Felt through whole car and steering wheel.
  • Rattle in way of glove box area and footwell.
  • Infotainment screen not stable and unuseable
  • Climate control has to be up to 26 to get any warmth into car. If set to normal temps 22 Deg C. it’s COLD.

So probably I shouldn't be visiting this forum, it's making me want to reject the car now. For now I have:
  • Settings are not being saved. (my dealer claimed that they have a new update and will fix it, updating mine next Thurs)
  • My radio will randomly start playing, scared the crap out of me and my partner twice. (I haven't seen anyone having this issue)
  • The lane assist is more like suicidal to me.
  • My tire pressure is jumping between 2.3 and 2.5, and that spams my app with abnormal tire notifications
And after reading yours I realized my aircon is not working too:
  • Climate control has to be above 23 (not 26) to get any warmth
Then I need to test the 50mph vibration first thing tomorrow...

My certificate of conformity states 22 May 2022 btw. Correction: got it wrong, the manufacture date is 21 July 2022.

Last edited:
So probably I shouldn't be visiting this forum, it's making me want to reject the car now. For now I have:
  • Settings are not being saved. (my dealer claimed that they have a new update and will fix it, updating mine next Thurs)
  • My radio will randomly start playing, scared the crap out of me and my partner twice. (I haven't seen anyone having this issue)
  • My tire pressure is jumping between 2.3 and 2.5, and that spams my app with abnormal tire notifications

My certificate of conformity states 22 May 2022 btw.
Wow that is early
Mines August
We could do with a date of conformity and issues log to see if issues are across the board or some issues were maybe sorted as cars were built etc

My certificate of conformity states 22 May 2022 btw.

TBH the only thing that’s stopping me rejecting right now is what I’d replace it with.
There simply isn’t another new EV out there for £1500 down and £330 a month.
Only the Fiat 500 and Zoe are available for that and they’re no good to me.
The Leaf is more, and I don’t want to go back into a leaf as the interior is so old fashioned.
The Ora Cat is £4000 down and £400 a month.
So rejecting the 4 would mean a used EV or even going back to an ICE….

Where are you getting the COC from?
Is it part of the paperwork the dealer gives you?
Given by the dealer together with my keys.

TBH the only thing that’s stopping me rejecting right now is what I’d replace it with.
There simply isn’t another new EV out there for £1500 down and £330 a month.
Only the Fiat 500 and Zoe are available for that and they’re no good to me.
The Leaf is more, and I don’t want to go back into a leaf as the interior is so old fashioned.
The Ora Cat is £4000 down and £400 a month.
So rejecting the 4 would mean a used EV or even going back to an ICE….
I'm considering tesla 3 or polestar 2 now... I know they are considerably more expensive but at least they got the software and servicing cost right (so much for the 6 quid per month from MG).

I really really like the look and driving experience of MG4 :(

I'm considering tesla 3 or polestar 2 now... I know they are considerably more expensive but at least they got the software and servicing cost right (so much for the 6 quid per month from MG).

I like the looks and drive too.
I may hold onto it until PCP prices for the imminent Smart One EV come out, I like the look of that.

My servicing is only £10 a month so not a million miles away.
I know it's nearly double the £6
But hey I'll take a service plan for the price of 2 coffees a month

My servicing is only £10 a month so not a million miles away.
I know it's nearly double the £6
But hey I'll take a service plan for the price of 2 coffees a month
So Jester, how are you finding things with all the problems you've had. Have you ever felt like regret about getting it or would you trade it for something else even slightly more expensive to not have all the bother?

So Jester, how are you finding things with all the problems you've had. Have you ever felt like regret about getting it or would you trade it for something else even slightly more expensive to not have all the bother?
I looked at other options when I rejected the first one.
It would have meant getting a 2-3 year old 2nd hand other EV probably without a warranty instead
Hence getting another one, as there really is nothing else out there that can match the value for money that the MG4 gives
Yes the faults haven't been great.
Especially for me with the seat issues on both cars.
But would I change it for a 3 year old car with no warranty?
Absolutely not.
I already had one in my ZS before I put another 5 grand into the MG4.

That's not an excuse for bad quality control though on MG's part.
I think they've definitely dropped the ball in that area.
My ZS EV was bang on and other than the door wiring loom fault, I had zero issues with it.
Has it tarnished my feelings towards MG ?
Yes a little, but trust me when you're in the position of handing a car back and having to try find another replacement as you need a car immediately to be able to do your job and looking at what you're getting for the same money.
MG are smashing it..

I had a read of the ID3 forum and trust me I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.
Even without the 10 grand hike in price
You think the MG4 has issues !
Jeez they really are struggling with the ID3.
I'm frustrated at having to go through these issues with both mine but that's the joys of being an early adopter for a new platform I suppose.
Though non of us should really be used for testing and quality control for MG.
But that seems more and more common these days.
Hey Microsoft have always used the public to find the issues with windows, as do most game designers etc
Even mobile phones are updated regularly due to software issues etc.

Only they're not a £25-30k purchase like a car is.

I'm confident that the issues will be resolved as we're already seeing.
Some ID3 owners have been waiting since June/July for replacement parts for their's.

I think MG are being proactive on sorting things out quickly.

Last edited:
It would have meant getting a 2-3 year old 2nd hand other EV probably without a warranty instead
Hence getting another one, as there really is nothing else out there that can match the value for money that the MG4 gives
Absolutely not.

My ZS EV was bang on and other than the door wiring loom fault, I had zero issues with it.
Yes a little, but trust me when you're in the position of handing a car back and having to try find another replacement as you need a car immediately to be able to do your job and looking at what you're getting for the same money.
MG are smashing it..

I had a read of the ID3 forum and trust me I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.
I'm frustrated at having to go through these issues with both mine but that's the joys of being an early adopter for a new platform I suppose.
Hey Microsoft have always used the public to find the issues with windows, as do most game designers etc

Some ID3 owners have been waiting since June/July for replacement parts for there's.

That sounds really positive from you.

I will admit I have a bit of regret at actually looking at the forum. I may have been better off not knowing as now feeling more concerned.

I expect teething issues hence I delayed my own December delivery to Spring of next year to allow some of these issues to be smootheened out. Whilst I feel very grateful that I can afford an EV at a slightly higher price point I'm conscious of the gains MG4 offers to the pocket but also not wanting my first EV experience ruined.

Funny enough it was an ID3 owner that sold me the idea of getting an EV as it was his first too and was loving it, all good things to say.

I was a bit concerned about the lane assist dragging people off their path and even more scarily into oncoming traffic? In your experience would you say these incidents are exaggerated?

Apologies in advance for what seems to me like a whole lot of questions but seeking reassurance I guess.

Absolutely not.

MG are smashing it..

Some ID3 owners have been waiting since June/July for replacement parts for there's.

That sounds really positive from you.

I will admit I have a bit of regret at actually looking at the forum. I may have been better off not knowing as now feeling more concerned.

I expect teething issues hence I delayed my own December delivery to Spring of next year to allow some of these issues to be smootheened out. Whilst I feel very grateful that I can afford an EV at a slightly higher price point I'm conscious of the gains MG4 offers to the pocket but also not wanting my first EV experience ruined.

Funny enough it was an ID3 owner that sold me the idea of getting an EV as it was his first too and was loving it, all good things to say.

I was a bit concerned about the lane assist dragging people off their path and even more scarily into oncoming traffic? In your experience would you say these incidents are exaggerated?

Apologies in advance for what seems to me like a whole lot of questions but
Can I suggest general queries and experiences re. the MG4 be split off into another thread, so that this thread re. the rumbling doesn't get side-tracked?
Absolutely. Will post such in a more relevant thread. Apologies, just feeling way around site.

ISTR there was something similar on one or two MG5s, that turned out to be a faulty AC compressor.

I’ve snapped this morning after my wife sent a photo of the oil slick on our drive this morning asking what the hell it was.
I’ve been hiding the cars issues from her until now.
I’ve sent a rejection request to the dealer.
Hopefully only a few more journeys suffering for vibration.

Unless the dealer agrees otherwise, when you reject a vehicle you're supposed to stop driving it (other than to return it and the keys to the dealer).

If you're continuing to use it then I hope you have your dealer's agreement.

Unless the dealer agrees otherwise, when you reject a vehicle you're supposed to stop driving it (other than to return it and the keys to the dealer).

If you're continuing to use it then I hope you have your dealer's agreement.

They’ve not even acknowledged my email yet.
I’ll happily stop driving the damned thing, I’ll park it somewhere other than my drive, let it leak elsewhere.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back