MG4 Software Update Thread

One thing I didn't appreciate was the fact that it had to be connected to servers in China and information had to be exchanged over that, had I been aware that MG Technical was in the far east then I'd have been more patient. I guess I had assumed that there would be an arm in the UK.

I collected my SESR today and was assured the software updates were done. Infotainment is R13 but th me LKA is lethal when it bothers to work so I’m guessing they didn’t do them

R13 is the Infotainment as your say (I have the same) but certain features are part of other modules/controllers which will have their own, separate software versions (which we can't see).

I've not experienced anything bad (so far) with LKA.

R13 is the Infotainment as your say (I have the same) but certain features are part of other modules/controllers which will have their own, separate software versions (which we can't see).

I've not experienced anything bad (so far) with LKA.
I believe LKA has its own module. Someone reported getting their dealer to do an update on that module and it improved it a lot.

I think some dealers will be reluctant to do the updates as I am not sure they get paid to do it by MG.

I thought people were overacting about the LKA but honestly i dont know how they are allowed to release that. without activating cruise it snatches the wheel and pressure is needed to release it but still results in you weaving. Then using ACC/TJA and its activated its super twitchy then can just take you out of lane with no warning.

I had all available vehicle updates on Tuesday apparently but have no way of verifying unless anybody works out how to get into the service menu.

The driver attention alert hasn't changed and my wife said the LKA is still terrifying though so it's turned off again. I'll give it some more testing over the next couple of weeks to see if I notice any improvements.

There's a video on YouTube (linked here somewhere) that explains how to access the Engineer menu ... it needs a PIN but nobody knows what it is. (I don't know if anyone has tried it yet and tried the last 6 digits of their VIN to see if it works).

I had all available vehicle updates on Tuesday apparently but have no way of verifying unless anybody works out how to get into the service menu.

The driver attention alert hasn't changed and my wife said the LKA is still terrifying though so it's turned off again. I'll give it some more testing over the next couple of weeks to see if I notice any improvements.
I found the LKA was a little less sensitive after the update, but it will still try to take any slip road you come across with no warning.
I ended up turning it back off. Lane departure correction and warnings would be more effective imo.

Can you try it?
That relies on me remembering. 😶🤦‍♂️😂

just went out to try it ... I can't even get to the PIN entry stage. Then again my Settings/System menu doesn't have the top item (Actualizar - To update) shown in the videos (which uses a Trophy/Luxury) ... my top item (in the SE) is the Infotainment version. I've tried tapping that one and also the MCU one but no PIN entry pops up.

This one shows that it is a 6-digit PIN though, so the last 6 of the VIN might be a reasonable guess (if you can get that far):

Last edited:
That relies on me remembering. 😶🤦‍♂️😂

just went out to try it ... I can't even get to the PIN entry stage. Then again my Settings/System menu doesn't have the top item (Actualizar - To update) shown in the videos (which uses a Trophy/Luxury) ... my top item (in the SE) is the Infotainment version. I've tried tapping that one and also the MCU one but no PIN entry pops up.

This one shows that it is a 6-digit PIN though, so the last 6 of the VIN might be a reasonable guess (if you can get that far):

It's not the last 6 digits of the vin 😉
Any other suggestions, my guess is MG have something on their system

EU Luxury, delivered today. R33
PXL_20221209_104312740.jpg

Got my car back today at last… they didn’t upgrade the infotainment.. it’s still R24 🤬🤬🤬🤬 going to contact another dealer on Monday. They went to ask the technician again at my request and he said they don’t have any updates... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back