MG4 Software Update Thread

There is one for 1100R33 on the SE ... is that what you're thinking of?
Multiple confirmations of it being there for people on R59.

Please post instructions how to do this. I'm obviously missing something obvious.
It's on the swipe-down menu on the homescreen.
Or at least it is for other people on R59...

On home screen, swipe down the top-left corner to see the quick launch options. One of them should be "ELK Disable" or "LKA Disable" or "LKA Off" or something like that.

e: from earlier in the thread:

1000010349.jpg

Found it, thank you. It's not obvious there is a swipe menu on the top left. You have to swipe down from an empty space. An AEB button would have been good though as that is a major problem for me.

View attachment 25781
Found it, thank you. It's not obvious there is a swipe menu on the top left. You have to swipe down from an empty space. An AEB button would have been good though as that is a major problem for me.
Surfdog, could you check the map version/date of the built in navi? I wonder if they updated that too.

My biggest bug with R46 is with the audio play feature (from USB stick). They implemented folders in R46 but when you return to the car it continues to play where left off, but reverts immediately to play alphabetically - NOT in current folder. It also does this at any random change - eg switching lights between day and night mode when going under a bridge. Drives me mad. Very interested whether this is fixed in R59?

Last edited:
I just had R59 installed there. Nothing to get excited about. Spent 20 minutes playing with it in dealer car park. No obvious changes. Was hoping for easy access buttons to turn off the dreaded elk/lka and aeb but no sign of them. Appears much same as R46 though I dare say there are some minor bugs fixed.
When you turn on the AC, does the AC windows disappear by itself or do you still have to close it? I dont know why but it annoys me on R46 :LOL:

When you turn on the AC, does the AC windows disappear by itself or do you still have to close it? I dont know why but it annoys me on R46 :LOL:
It still stays there which is personally how I like it as its easy to adjust to changing conditions. The only time I don't have it on screen is when I'm navigating and have maps up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my update sorted, went in as Bluetooth and Android Auto/Carplay were acting up.

I was told by the dealer my car had a recall for the software as is so they updated everything and now I'm on R59, no issues on the drive home.
On my R46, the star left shortcut is "buggy", impossible to change the settings. It's always the regen mode.
On your R59, is it fully functional ? Man you change as you this shortcut from regen mode to something else?

Labougie

On my R46, the star left shortcut is "buggy", impossible to change the settings. It's always the regen mode.
On your R59, is it fully functional ? Man you change as you this shortcut from regen mode to something else?

Labougie
That problem is not related to the infotainment version. It simply needs to be configured in the workshop

Labougie
Yes, it's because combination between old car module software and new infotainment software.

Well I am amazed at this talk of R40, R46, R59, my Dealer says that the latest software for my Trophy is R33 which was installed May last year and that's it. I complained about the heater icons being to small but apparently what I have is all there is! I am buggered if I know.
Where do I go from here? A different dealer?

Last edited:
I forgot to add that the sensitivity of the auto lights seems to have changed, it has to be a bit darker for them to come on now which is an improvement.
Does anyone notice their lights come on even during the day when it's relatively bright? It's quite irritating at times!

Well I am amazed at this talk of R40, R46, R59, my Dealer says that the latest software for my Trophy is R33 which was installed May last year and that's it. I complained about the heater icons being to small but apparently what I have is all there is! I am buggered if I know.
Where do I go from here? A different dealer?
Complaining about bluetooth connectivity issues seems a sure-fire way to get R40 or R46.

Does anyone notice their lights come on even during the day when it's relatively bright? It's quite irritating at times!
Mine used to, then I got the relevant updates to the car modules and now mine come on just when I'd want them too, practically perfect now (like they have been on other cars I have owned).

The problem is the sensor cover, which filters the light too much. I solved it like this
No, the problem is the calibration which is a software fix. Removing the sensor cover is a workaround.

No, il problema è la calibrazione che è una correzione software. Rimuovere il coperchio del sensore è una soluzione alternativa.
Yes and no... have you ever removed the original cover? Very little light actually passes through! You don't have a wide range of values on which to calibrate the sensor (which obviously needs to be calibrated better). I have all the updates done. It works better than before, but it doesn't completely solve the problem

Yes and no... have you ever removed the original cover? Very little light actually passes through! You don't have a wide range of values on which to calibrate the sensor (which obviously needs to be calibrated better). I have all the updates done. It works better than before, but it doesn't completely solve the problem
Mine is fine and I never modified the cover.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back