MG4 Software Update Thread

I'm glad you don't have any problems. I tried with and without the modification and with the modified cover it works better for me
I don't mean it was fine - it wasn't originally and I just manually turned the lights on and off.

I mean after I had the recent latest updates then it is fine, I don't ever need to worry and the lights just now automatically come on when I would expect them to.

I don't mean it was fine - it wasn't originally and I just manually turned the lights on and off.

I mean after I had the recent latest updates then it is fine, I don't ever need to worry and the lights just now automatically come on when I would expect them to.
Same for me. It was terrible before, the lights came on if a bird flew over (slight exaggeration), after the software updates at my last service it is pretty much the same as all the other cars around me. Maybe even a bit less sensitive than most.

When I got the car on July (Luxury MY2022 R33), it was working randomly.
After the R46 update in September, it was fixed...
It's not the infotainment update that fixes it. It is one of the service campaign updates. Mine didn't have infotainment update but the auto lights definitely improved.

It's not the infotainment update that fixes it. It is one of the service campaign updates. Mine didn't have infotainment update but the auto lights definitely improved.
How many campaign updates have there been? I’ve only been offered SCUK001 but the service receptionist couldn’t tell me hat this was for.

That problem is not related to the infotainment version. It simply needs to be configured in the workshop
When you say simply, do you have anymore information on this? My dealer is waiting for the new software to hope it fixes this issue and it sounds like r59 won't fix it without another module update?

When you say simply, do you have anymore information on this? My dealer is waiting for the new software to hope it fixes this issue and it sounds like r59 won't fix it without another module update?
You don't need an infotainment update to fix that problem. They can fix it with whatever version of infotainment you have

Unfortunately I don't believe we know which update fixes it. It is hard to get this information unless people can persuade their garage to share it.

Hi, thinking of getting a MG4 Trophy and have seen the complaints about CarPlay not working properly with older firmwares. I wonder if there are any issues with using iPhone 15 with it, they're the ones that have the USB C ports on them instead of the lighting port.

It's a bit of a deal breaker for me if it's not working.

Hi, thinking of getting a MG4 Trophy and have seen the complaints about CarPlay not working properly with older firmwares. I wonder if there are any issues with using iPhone 15 with it, they're the ones that have the USB C ports on them instead of the lighting port.

It's a bit of a deal breaker for me if it's not working.
I have never had a problem with CarPlay once I had the right cable (Anker braided high speed USB A). With earlier releases it would sometimes disconnect and then reconnect automatically but not recently. The main issue I have is my iPhone is over 4 years old and it can overheat sometimes, but I don't think you would see that with a recent phone.

Complaints about AC/AA has lead to updates solving the problems mostly. You do need a good cable though.
Have there been any issues reported using the iPhones that have a USB c connector over the old lightning connectors?

Not that I am aware of. You just need a USB-C to USB-A cable (CP/AA are only supported on the left hand USB port).

Why not try one at a dealership with your phone?
Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Now, I have to work out if a Trophy is worth the upgrade over the SE...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back