MG4 Software Update Thread

Dealers have to say that to prevent all owners to come get the latest update just "to have the latest update".

Si, if you're facing some issues, the dealer will made everything necessary to fix it, including updates, and it'll be charge to MG Motor.
If you don't have any issues, the dealer will invite you to wait for the next service to check your car and perform all update you need, only if it's necessary or ask by you (or if it's a service campaign).

I don't know if I made myself clear?

... got R59 installed on Friday.
So looks like it's back.....
If there is a bad version of R59, then surely they have to give the corrected version a new number, like 60 or 59a, to prevent confusion.

Hopefully, SAIC have locked out R59 for installation, or maybe whatever problem it had was region specific, or its only problem was that it was used in the wrong region.

I suppose that another possibility is that it needed some feature from another ECU that wasn't ready at the time, but now is. In that case, it could really be back in its original form. I sure hope that SAIC have sorted out their compatibility requirements so that whatever the original problem was, it can't happen again.

Had my first service and asked for software updates due to issues with Android Auto, was hoping to get R59 or at least R46 but they refused to update it at all, claiming it could brick the head unit and I would be without the car for weeks. I will have to find another dealing more willing to help now because I don't want to go another year with this software. They did at least update the other modules.

Had my first service and asked for software updates due to issues with Android Auto, was hoping to get R59 or at least R46 but they refused to update it at all, claiming it could brick the head unit and I would be without the car for weeks. I will have to find another dealing more willing to help now because I don't want to go another year with this software. They did at least update the other modules.
Same as my dealer, they said they could force the update but may brick the car, I think this has happened to them before

Is R59 even avaliable now? Wasn't the update pulled?

Edit: it's back

So, updates, if we have to pay to get them, how much should we pay ?

For this reason only I wont own another MG
Most people bought this car because it was advertised as having updates trough the air. So thst didn't happen. MG should definitely pay.

I just had R59 installed there. Nothing to get excited about. Spent 20 minutes playing with it in dealer car park. No obvious changes. Was hoping for easy access buttons to turn off the dreaded elk/lka and aeb but no sign of them. Appears much same as R46 though I dare say there are some minor bugs fixed.

Swift won't be happy.
Haha I know his pain, the other dealer I went to straight up lied and said I had no updates.

I know they were lying because my car wasn't connected to the dealer network and therefore couldn't receive updates to begin with.

I just had R59 installed there. Nothing to get excited about. Spent 20 minutes playing with it in dealer car park. No obvious changes. Was hoping for easy access buttons to turn off the dreaded elk/lka and aeb but no sign of them. Appears much same as R46 though I dare say there are some minor bugs fixed.
That's disappointing - I'm sure there was a screenshot somewhere showing the LKA button in the shortcuts menu.

OK, not so good news. Previously I had no issues with Bluetooth and Android Auto. Now on R59 neither of them work and phone and car fails to connect after over an hour trying various methods. Looks like its yet another return to dealer. Anyone else on R59 with same issue?

Do you get routed charging stops on Navigation now ?

Do you get routed charging stops on Navigation now ?
I never used MG Navigation as I always successfully used Android Auto, but now that doesn't work so can't comment on that I'm afraid.

Ok, cancel the R59 Bluetooth ans Android Auto issue. It mysteriously started working after I left the car for 5 and then returned and tried again. All good.

There is an easy swipe feature for this.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back